Forge Lord options

Erren

I’m fairly confident I know the answer’s no, but maybe there’s an obscure faq answer out there that will prove me wrong: the Forge Lord is supposed to have options from the techmarine - can he take a dedicated Rhino like a techmarine?

A Forge Lord is allowed to take  'wargear'  from the Techmarine entry. 

In my humble opinion, these items are those listed in the left column under 'Options'.

A Rhino is not an 'Option' but a dedicated Transport from a rules perspective (as seen in the unit entry), and likely not an item of wargear from a logical perspective. 

But that's just my reasoning.

Who knows? There is a precedense of Ultramarines Master of Signal (can take Damocles Command Rhino as Dedicated Transport)

About the Forgelord: First I thought that he cannot be accompanied by Servo-Automata because they're not classified as wargear (Inferno clarifies he can indeed).

Edited by Dhar'Neth

This is one of the more ridiculously worded rules in the game.

"Additional Wargear is listed for the Techmarine on page 31. This may also be taken at the costs indicated".

So, go to page 31, and look at Wargear.

The Techmarine doesn't exist. It's a Legion Techmarine.

If we Ignore that, we see that the Legion Techmarine has Wargear listed on page 31; Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Servo-Arm, Frag and Krak Grenades, and Artificer Armour. There are no costs indicated, so I'm not sure why that's mentioned, or why the Wargear is not listed as "free". There is no mention of cost.

Dedicated Transports however are never mentioned anywhere within the same breath as Wargear, and Rhino Transports have Wargear as well.

The Precedence stated above does not exist; it does not mention that the Damocles Command Rhino can be taken as Wargear, it states within the Damocles Command Rhino entry that it is a Dedicated Transport for an Ultramarines Master of Signal in an Ultramarines Primary Detachment.

The other issue with having the Rhino as the dedicated transport is that by RAW, the Forge Lord is no longer eligible to be ride in his transport if he joins another, as he's no longer in the unit which purchased the Dedicated Transport.

Most people just accept as UL said, that FW meant to apply it to the "Options" only.

Yeah, that was my reading as well. Was just hoping I’d missed something as it would be a neat way to get a Consul into my Ironwing list. I hope DA get a Castrman Orth-type special character for Ironwing.