Imperial Knights House Traits & Stratagems

PiñaColada

I can definitely seeing an AdMech house getting "Double wounds for WS/BS bracket" HOUSEGHOLD rule; I meant Wraithknights and Scorpions get it, bane-chassis can as well.

I'm not sure on this one. I know I said I'm doubtful earlier - for the examples mentioned, it's on a few models in a larger force. FOr the Knights, the same effect would be on every model, making it to where our entire force doesn't degrade... Getting rid of one of the balances to knights. To my way of thinking, that'd end up being more powerful than most other rules options that they could give a Household.

That's my theory behind it being a Warlord trait. Or maybe a Relic? Makes sense for one Knight to have it. Part of the army, like the other rules mentioned do.

But, given my relative inexperience with the degrading wound table and how it feels on the field... Maybe I'm off base here. Anyone got some reasoning or experience suggesting this isn't so powerful?

In my other examples you can take three dirt cheap shadowswords as Valhallan or any number or wraithknights or a spearhead of Leman russ' or mounted battlion of wave serpents and fire prisms andcount wounds as doubled. It's army wide for Eldar and IG is my point.

Really I'd just be happy with a generic Machine Spirit Resurgent stratagem

It's certainly possible I suppose, I just don't think it's a very fun trait since it'll most likely be the obvious go-to trait. I would like if armigers get a "look out sir" rule for the big knights, jumping infront of incoming lascannon shots etc.

1) All knights being characters, and getting a 6" heroic intervention would be nice.

2) Objective secure based on wounds.

3) Fallback and assault/shoot on armiger.

4) A stratagem that lets you shoot at deepstriking units.

5) A stratagem that buffs your overwatch.

I'd also like knights to be able to measure from their hull rather than their base. That way a 6" tall knight can actually fight a unit on top of a ruin... Currently you measure from the base so as soon as a unit is on the first floor of a ruin you can't assault them.

That or give the armiger a harpoon gun option for pulling units towards it.

I'm hoping that's what this is:

Mar13-RumourEngine1vcs.jpg

How about a 'doesn't care about degrading statline' trait, army rule or stratagem??

Then there would be no reason to take anything else.

Agreed, I hope GW carefully considers the traits so we can get at least a few viable choices and not end up like eldar where there's one trait that's the only one you'll ever see. I guess there could be a trait that negates the effect of degrading on a roll of 5+ at the start of every turn for the damaged knights or something like that.

Wondering if we'll possibly see part of the Thousand Son all is dust rule

"Add 1 to the saving throws for Rubric Marines if the attack has a Damage characteristic of 1"

That's emphasises the stoic nature of the knights to withstand small arms fire.

"Add 1 to the saving throws for Rubric Marines if the attack has a Damage characteristic of 1"

I like that as part of the "Knight Titan" rule; a las pistol wounds an Atrapos but it only has a 3+ to shrug it off? Part of that problem is that this game should be  a d10 or greater system though.

What a great idea. It’s always been a minor annoyance in this edition to me how a few flashlights tend to be good at finishing off walking Fortresses.

Let’s not forget how this rule could help against certain strategems that make life seemingly unfair for Knights... stuff like VotLW etc.

Personally I have to see something that helps against alpha strike that hit like a truck. Right now they neuter Knight lists... stuff like Obliterators with Cacaphony, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

so I had a thought last knight(hehe) chatting away as you do what if...

questor allegiance isn't house/chapter tactics what if its broader than that i.e. mechanicus/imperial/free blade/chaos etc.

it would certainly work along side the ad mech knights from our book and the new knight book /people with chaos knights etc.

especially if chaos knights are some kind of free blade with more flexible weapon load outs helping peeps with the kits carry on  using them.

no proof just some wonky logic.

I want a really big flamer.

Yeah, it would be a nice option on the plastic kits. There's a really good argument for fielding Acheron's simply because the auto-hitting nature of that big ol' flamer makes it in large part immune to wound degradation unlike other Knights.

The dream for me, would be a Psy-Knight. Something like the Warlord-Sinister class titans that the Ordo Sinister field in the fluff. Strap a Psy-cannon of some flavour on it, give it a couple of deny the witch rolls etc. It'd be a help covering a base we can't currently without taking allies/units outside of Knights.

questor allegiance isn't house/chapter tactics what if its broader than that i.e. mechanicus/imperial/free blade/chaos etc.

it would certainly work along side the ad mech knights from our book and the new knight book /people with chaos knights etc.

especially if chaos knights are some kind of free blade with more flexible weapon load outs helping peeps with the kits carry on  using them.

What do you mean? They fixed the key words in forgebane. Its <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> then <HOUSE/FREEBLADE> for all knight units now . Even Freeblades have a macro allegiance now.

What do you mean? They fixed the key words in forgebane. Its <QUESTOR ALLEGIANCE> then <HOUSE/FREEBLADE> for all knight units now . Even Freeblades have a macro allegiance now.

I wasn't aware of that change. That actually bodes well for everyone being included with regard to rules in the upcoming codex - Mechanicus, Imperialis and Traitoris. It'd be a neat fix. Fingers crossed...

Yeah it fixed FW knights to be used with ad mech and future proofed them for the new codex. Just have to fix the Magaeras ghost +100 points.

So a Knight Atropos can have Questoris Mechanicus keyword? And thus a 3+ inv save with Rotate Ion Shields?

Yeah it fixed FW knights to be used with ad mech and future proofed them for the new codex. Just have to fix the Magaeras ghost +100 points.

So a Knight Atropos can have Questoris Mechanicus keyword? And thus a 3+ inv save with Rotate Ion Shields?

Yes and it already had access to that Stratagem since Chapter Approved anyway.

Really it's the only Knight I have that can survive to make some of it's points back, besides my Crusader, thanks to that strat.

A Styrix would do well with it too.

It's been able to do that since Chapter Approved in fairness. 'Rotate Ion Shield' has been available to Questor Imperialis Knights since it was released. And thus the Atrapos, Styrix and Megaera (if you went there and fielded one :tongue.:) all have access to a 3++.

(Edit: I need to type faster it seems. Nusquam had it covered ;) )

It's worth the read.

It lets you take a Knight as your warlord too. That in turn means you can crank out an extra attack with that Knight each round of combat. On something like the Atrapos, that's not insignificant given how good it's CC weapon is. 

21+ wounds on average to a Land Raider in a single combat round anyone? Even the Porphyrons magma lasers don't compete with that... :O

But you have to reach CC; the Atrapos is potent in CC against big things. Last game I had the vehicles were all flyers so all it did was kill some tactical marines and a lieutenant. It soaked a lot of fire power but that's about all it did. I'm thinking of replacing it which a Styrix for better shooting, fewer points, but comparable toughness.

The Knight Dex will determine if I do. Depending on potential shooting or mobility buffs.

Here's hoping the warlord traits for the knights are actually super practical so every knight army isn't a astra militarum CP battery with a company commander warlord for whatever reason. It's going to be tough to convince the more competitive not to go that route though (or to a lesser degree admech and an enginseer). A 6+ feel no pain is actually quite useful on a knight but the warlord would also get so focus fired on that it wouldn't end up being a big deal most likely. 2+ WS/BS would be intruiging, especially for a castellan warlord.

Anybody know how many more weeks of fishpeople releases are ahead? They seem to be dripping them out slowly but I still assume that the knights are either released or up for preorder by warhammer fest.

Archived