Grandmasters currently unnamed Dynasty

grand_master85

Hello there! Long time 30k marine player here, been itching to get back into 40k and fancied some xenos for a change. After my mate bought Forgebane and parted with the Crons, I grabbed them after seeing the lovely range of kits and decided to see what I could work.

Haven’t decided on a Dynasty yet. I was undecided between going for a named one, or making my own up and using whichever rules I fancied. I like the Nihilakh colours, but instead of going generally silver armour with accents, I’m plumping for all gold with teal accents. I tried out my scheme on my Overlord below, really think the burnished gold is effective. It took me a while to decide what colour to paint the glow effects, but thought that a cold colour was best against the gold. Plus, I’ve not seen white done for this. Still a tad unsure but I’ll see how it looks on further models. Also need to decide on a scheme for the basing.

So far, I’ve got an Overlord built and painted. I’ve also got unpainted and unbuilt:

Cryptek

20 Immortals

3 Wraiths

5 Lychguard/Praetorians

3 Tomb Blades

Annihilation/Command Barge

2 Destroyers.

Nice to feel excited about a new project again!

hHZ11z1.jpg

cgXdIEK.jpg

76qqW9D.jpg

54avn4R.jpg

s0Mo7PQ.jpg

zTG3rAu.jpg

First model looks great.  I've been thinking of going gold for my Necrons as well (split the Forgebane box with a friend and grabbed a few other kits) as a side project.  Plan on adding Grey Knights to my Imperial roster at some point so I thought gold here would allow some more color variety in my collection.  This is great inspiration.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived