Friends of Queen Bee: Armiger leg pose coming together

If they are the little helpers of the Queen, are they ...drones?

^^ :wink:

Sort of? It's more like they're distant relatives... They won't be in her livery, anyway. 

Yeah, I have to play around with the arms still of course. I also have the charging one of course and I figured I'd swap them around. Thanks for the input!

I don't have the model and I'm too lazy to look at pics... do they have an elbow? Could you put the CC arms in an action pose or do they just hang there?

There's an elbow just like the bigger Knight kit. So you have a rotating shoulder, a pivot joint at the top to give a little range, then another pivot at the elbow. I can get some pose but not a ton. 

Worked a bit more on the running one during lunch today. I've started curling the toes on the 'at-rest' foot. I think this will really help sell the pose at the end of the day.

gallery_74115_14375_1717975.jpg

gallery_74115_14375_157621.jpg

gallery_74115_14375_1010544.jpg

gallery_74115_14375_604320.jpg

gallery_74115_14375_121440.jpg

I've since angled the ankle down even further and tested it with the armor plate, and I think it's looking pretty good. I'll probably add a little trail of dust and debris trailing it to further add to the sense of rapid movement. I think it looks best from straight on. From the side it still looks a touch goofy to me.

Looks great, though I was kinda hoping for a more dynamic non-running pose for the second time. Something like this....

s-l300.jpg

:biggrin.:

"METAL...GEAR?!"

Ha! Nah... I’ll let someone else tackle that. You’d have to ignore the way the model’s designed altogether.

Haha, yeah, plus the Armiger couldn't possibly pull off the cool ninja pose with his stubby little chainblade ;)

Seriously, though, the poses seem to be coming along rather beautifully! Love the tweaked foot! Inspiring stuff all around! :)

I was serious - I just meant the leg pose of the picture, so forget the arms in the pic. 

Like this:

Hidden Content
http://cdn.wolfire.com/blog/blender/rabbitposesmall.jpg

So please forget the arms again - just the legs. I realize you couldn't copy the 'knees' that bent, but a cool pre-spring-into-action combat pose. :biggrin.:

Just an idea, though - I'm just a sucker for dynamic poses in 40K walkers. 

@ Auggs: Huh, I am not sure whether any Imperial war machines are even built with that kind of mobility in mind -- I mean even though the Armiger should be quicker and more agile than an Imperial Knight, I still imagine it being more like a particularly cumbersome ostrich...

...well, that and the pose might be more complicated to pull off with legs that are, after all, at least partially reverse-jointed.

I didn't get a lot of 'fun' stuff done during my lunchbreak, but I made some progress. I assembled one of the gun arms, put together the second torso and second set of exhaust, and I was able to mock up the 'power pose' a bit.

gallery_74115_14375_1123688.jpg

More boring than the running one to be sure, but still has some personality. I need to glue the arms because they don't stay in place very well. Imagine the elbows up just a bit further. I think this works, though I might reverse it still. This way will contrast better with the running pose so maybe I'll stick with it.

And I also found a bit of time to start customizing the second torso.

gallery_74115_14375_144905.jpg

It's a little thing, but I never did use the eagle head finials from the Queen Bee's kit. I just cut the backing plates off and mounted them here. I think the size works, actually. I was worried they'd be too big.

Of the two Knights, I want one to be more visibly Imperial-aligned. These eagle heads will make a big difference, and I also plan to cut down the 'cog teeth' on the pauldron. Either that or fill them in so it's more of a fin. I haven't decided yet. I will also have some purity seals on this one. This will be for the standing pose. The running pose will be the more mechanicus one, which really just means stock. I may add a little decoration where it makes sense, but I also want to add chains on at least a couple of the hook hard-points to add to the sense of movement. Eventually I want to add just a bit of variation between the two, but nothing super drastic.

Yes. In a way I have to be careful not to duplicate the Queen's pose because there's a lot of that in here. I'll fiddle around with it, but I'm pleased the arms add some of the missing drama of the composition. It's still not what you'd call dynamic, but the runner should more than make up for that. 

He's posing alright - I like it. I'm a sucker for the imperial detail you started. Good call saving those from the Knight proper and moving them to this little guy. 

I think you might convey even more 'posing' by twisting his torso ever so slightly to the right and compensating for that by moving his 'face'to the left. It's all still WiP, though. 

Re: the ninja poses - I meant it more in a way where I have such confidence in your conversion skills after reposing the Queen Bee's legs, I imagined a very dynamic sanding pose. I kinda got lost with the pictures and the misunderstandings, and we can let it go - but I want you to know it was meant as a vote of confidence more than an actual suggestion. :tu: And I agree with SD - and actual ninja pose would be very suited to an Eldar Dreadnought or something. Hmmm.... :D

Haha! Fair enough, Auggie. I appreciate it! I almost used the more squatty legs which would have given that more coiled appearance, but I liked the position of the ankle pistons better for the running one. I think it was the right choice here as the upright stance is working for me here.

And yes, I’m still working out just the right waist and head twist combo.

Looks great, though I was kinda hoping for a more dynamic non-running pose for the second time. Something like this....

s-l300.jpg

:D

If the Armiger is the Cyborg Ninja, what does that make his full-sized brothers? Solidus Snake? The Gekko from 'Metal Gear Solid 4'? Or Metal Gear Ray? (Rex, naturally, is a full-sized Titan.)

You are making buying Forgebane a real difficulty for me! 

Awesome work. The running pose reminds me a lot of the Raven from the old mechwarrior games. I can just imaging the this sprinting/moving like that does.

Ooooh. I'll look up some reference material for the Raven. Thanks! 

EDIT: That helps, actually. They're still able to pull their knees up way higher, but I like how low to the ground the foot stays through the run cycle. 

s-l300.jpg

:D

Trying this. Its not going to be anywhere near as squatted because of the minimum amount to work with on the hips.

Following Jeff on Instagram as well so with what's going on here he is my master in this and I feel like I've succumbed to madness

Archived