Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MajorNese's AdMech reboot - project log

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,036 posts

I've been looking at your log here and the work is incredible. makes me want to go Imperial Knights and even ad mech over the GK I thought about starting.

April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,104 posts

I've been looking at your log here and the work is incredible. makes me want to go Imperial Knights and even ad mech over the GK I thought about starting.

Thank you. Well, GK are a bit singular in what you can do with them - details are already sculpted on, there's not much variety in the paint scheme or in the available kits. Which is why I prefer AdMech over any Astartes right now - as long as you don't run out of datasheets to convert for, you can build whatever you can cobble together. It's not like one forge world's stuff is the same as the other's, even if recent official fluff makes it look like that.

Knights are more of a canvas. Lots of 3rd party bitz, a lot of flat surfaces to decorate yourself, and large bases to build a scenery on. Yes, I haven't always used all of these options to the fullest, but the variety you can find online is impressive.

• InKaras likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,499 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Beautiful work on the Warhound.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users