Sisters Color Schemes Inquiry

Aothaine

Trying to decide how, if I do start sisters, I would want to paint them. If you look for pictures of sisters models they are usually black and red. I want my colors to be a bit brighter and nobler. Any suggestions? Comments?

sister.php?bpe=FFE49E&bpj=FFE49E&bp=FFE4

Silver armour, purple robes, black weapon casings are my go-to. Special characters are gold armour, purple robes.

On the basic girls, the weapon is nearly 1/3 of the figure, which makes it great for a your 3rd colour in the scheme.

Officially all Sisters orders use a combination of red white and black (with gold or silver hilights), and I stick to that.

However, you’ll notice that some white dwarf articles use other colors in example armies so it is up to you and your headcanon.

Black with red robes is the colors of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, but a lot of people seem to think that’s just “standard Sisters colors” which makes no more sense than calling ultramarine blue with gold trim “standard space marine colors”

Where are you getting this from? The bit about red, white and black for order colors, I mean?

The Order of the Argent Shroud uses silver power armor which is a lot more than just trim. The (canon) Order of the Blue Robe (IA2) uses white power armor with light blue vestments. And then there's thirteen minor orders we've not seen much of anything on outside of name and maybe a brief snippet on their operations.

Thank you everyone! I can see the benefit of preserving the gold armour for celestine. I'll have to give this some more thought before I paint up my test model that I've been saving for years.

Have a sister with flamer. 

Think I got it! Going to go with this then: 

sister.php?bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0000

Order of the Lucky Lady. I might paint the Fleurs gold though. I'm also thinking about making the outside of the cloth black with the inside being green and giving the cloth gold trim.

Officially all Sisters orders use a combination of red white and black (with gold or silver hilights), and I stick to that.

Where are you getting this from? :huh:

However, you’ll notice that some white dwarf articles use other colors in example armies so it is up to you and your headcanon.

Black with red robes is the colors of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, but a lot of people seem to think that’s just “standard Sisters colors” which makes no more sense than calling ultramarine blue with gold trim “standard space marine colors”

Sisters usually use whatever colours represent themselves and their Patron Saint, so that means practically anything. That said, I do like Aothaine's scheme a lot ^_^

I have a theme close to Argent Shroud. It works fine, the darker red with a brighter metal colour pops nicely and looks classy. I think a golden theme with dark-ish red robes is a fine way to go :)

Didn't catch the second scheme either, nice too :)

Thank you everyone! I can see the benefit of preserving the gold armour for celestine. I'll have to give this some more thought before I paint up my test model that I've been saving for years.

Have a sister with flamer. 

Think I got it! Going to go with this then: 

sister.php?bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0000

Order of the Lucky Lady. I might paint the Fleurs gold though. I'm also thinking about making the outside of the cloth black with the inside being green and giving the cloth gold trim.

Didn't see this post. Whilst I really like the first one, this one is nice too and gold trim on the cloth would be good. I've done that on the purple cloth of my Sisters:)

I instantly think of Sisters of the Fiery Lizard (salamander) :tongue.:

Ohhh nice! That could work well with my Primaris Salamander force I'm thinking about building.  ^_^

I'm with Aqui, I really like the first scheme. Also, it's your army; nothing says you must paint Celestine in gold power armor. If you want to paint your main troops gold and then paint Celestine in a bluish-purple I say do it. It would also look really good because that's the complimentary color to gold.

That being said, I initially thought your first one was painted with an off-white color until just now. :blush:

I must admit, when I first saw it, it looked like a bone colour. But I didn't have my glasses on my ocular upgrade activated :lol:

The painting guides GW put out for Sisters in the past did say that the orders stuck to black white and red (the argent shroud being the only pseudo-exception to this among the major orders). It’s not a point I myself am heavily invested in, I just wanted to put it out there for completeness sake.

I’ve always wondered what an army of brown themed sisters would look like . . .

Brown power armor or brown robes? Think I have a few of the latter from when I was trying to come up with a more camo-theme along the lines of a minor order that works in tandem with the Raptors Chapter. I'll see if I can mock something up, though.

And, yeah, @Aqui, I was thinking the original was bone as well and that was with my ocular upgrade :blush.:

Edit:

Very quick color scheme, all of which are shades of brown

Armor: Khaki

Habit: Kobicha (a Japanese traditional color that has been in use since 660 AD in the form of various dyes used in designing kimono.)

Shoulder symbols/fleur: Beige

Eyes/Inquisitorial symbol: Amber

Rebreather/neckpipes/belt: Raw Umber

sister.php?bpe=C3B091&bpj=C3B091&bp=C3B0

Pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Black, Green, White and Silver. Love green, Slytherin at heart, and I plan on building a primaris Salamanders force eventually so if I ever have the two units group up having the green to connect them will really look snazzy on the board. 

Thank you everyone!

Archived