Heavy support loving Slaanesh?

There's a lot of images in the lore of Noise Marines standing on hills, dropping shots on everything beneath.

Anything loud and stimulating would be in-line with the fluff. That includes long-range support. Honestly, some Rapiers with a ton of guns would make a lot of sense for an EC army.

I'm in agreement with Machinepriester and techsoldaten. I could see a Slaaneshi warband that's all about big guns. Lots of Noise Marines (obviously), with Rapiers, Demolishers, Predators, Forgefiends, etc.

I can also imagine Slaaneshi warriors with non sonic weaponry, which are just enjoying the feeling of the shaking earth and the recoil of their 400 heavy bolters firing at once (And of course the sound of that). So it would not only have to be noise marines (But those are the most iconic ones though)

"Not all of us like whips and sabers like that fool Lucius. Me? I adore my heavy bolter. The feel of steel beneath my fingers, steel that has claimed ten thousand lives. The throaty roar of it firing is my prayer to the Dark Prince, the staccato crash of rapid fire is my chorus, so loud and constant that it rises up like a symphony of destruction. The scream of my weapon - and of its victims - will echo in my ears for eternity. Each life I take is an offering to my master, an offering I give gladly and without thought of reward; the thrum of recoil and pummeling thunder of the bolters report is all the joy I will ever need."

Artillery is LOUD. Like, really loud. From a simple sense-freak perspective, the chest-vibrating boom of even small pieces, let alone the macro-cannons and such you see in 40K, would be delightful to a Slaaneshi heretic- and that's before we get to what said guns would do to the foe.

Artillery is LOUD. Like, really loud. From a simple sense-freak perspective, the chest-vibrating boom of even small pieces, let alone the macro-cannons and such you see in 40K, would be delightful to a Slaaneshi heretic- and that's before we get to what said guns would do to the foe.

This too. Plus, certain artillery pieces make VERY distinct sounds, like the Katyusha Rocket Launcher (there's a reason why it was called "Stalin's Organ"), or the Nebelwerfer.

I imagine the leader of a warband like this being a sort of battlefield conductor. He'd order certain units to attack at very specific intervals with incredibly specialized weapons that would mix with the agonized screams, groans, and death rattles of their enemies to make the perfect music that only they can hear.

Blastmasters are the love-child of a howitzer and the sound of your fingernails dragging on slate. Not just because you like how it sounds, but because Slaanesh blessed you with the ability to feel that slate-board's incessant itching, and gave you the amazing feeling you get when you scratch it.

There is nothing more heavy metal than heavy support. Even the greatest warband needs percussion.

As for vehicles, well, we already live in a world where people expend great efforts to make their cars louder, noisier and shinier. Some people, for some baffling reason, put neon lights on the undercarriage.

Let freedom ring with a muffler-blast.

Thank you all for the replies, really helpful. Would it also fit the heavy support theme if they loved the machinery to the point of obsessiveness that they themselves started replacing limbs with bionics/machinery and maybe even mixed mutations with the bionics etc??

I think a Slaanesh army using lots of dakka instead of a drumkit could be fun. A Noise Marine army playing Decapitateds Spheres of Madness to Autocannon blastbeats is amusing me more than it should do.

I think that's edging a bit into IW territory, but it's your plastic. 

I don't see bionics and sensory experiences mixing all that well, personally.

Yeah, a Slannesh worshipper would be more likely to augment what's already there instead of replace it. I.e. distended jaws, enhanced hearing devices, targeters in place of eyes, doom siren stuck into vox grill, etc. Anything to increase the sensation.

I can also imagine Slaaneshi warriors with non sonic weaponry, which are just enjoying the feeling of the shaking earth and the recoil of their 400 heavy bolters firing at once (And of course the sound of that). So it would not only have to be noise marines (But those are the most iconic ones though)

Lots of Noise marines don't have sonic weapon, but they got special bolter ammunition with lots of fun side effects (beside death i mean..) like the Bolts of Ecstatic Vexation. 

I think that's edging a bit into IW territory, but it's your plastic. 

I don't see bionics and sensory experiences mixing all that well, personally.

Yeah, a Slannesh worshipper would be more likely to augment what's already there instead of replace it. I.e. distended jaws, enhanced hearing devices, targeters in place of eyes, doom siren stuck into vox grill, etc. Anything to increase the sensation.

True, but bionics can go with the whole "pursuit of perfection" aspect, and the IW follow that line while having been associated with Slaanesh in Rogue Trader, so IW and their bionics are not necessarily out if you're talking about "Slaanesh heavy support."

For what it's worth, Noise Marines were Heavy Support in at least one iteration of Chaos, so there's that.

Lots of Noise marines don't have sonic weapon, but they got special bolter ammunition with lots of fun side effects (beside death i mean..) like the Bolts of Ecstatic Vexation.

Absolutely...

"The latest fragrance from the Dark Prince:

'Urban Warfare' is a charming bouquet that cunningly blends essences of prometheum, shell propellant, hot metal, and fresh asphalt with just a hint of roasting pork. Perfect for all occasions!!"

Archived