Showcase: Imperial Knights and Chaos Knights

Grotsmasha

Here's a Cerastus Knight Atrapos we've done. The ghostly parts were requested and as far as I know they were supposed to represent some kind of possession of the Knight.

20190717-2K0A7201a.jpg

20190717-2K0A7200.jpg

20190717-2K0A7207.jpg

20190717-2K0A7205.jpg

I didn't want to bore you with all the photos, so the remaining pictures can be seen here.

Edited by mahon

Excellent work. Does the Knight remind anyone else of Ecto-1, from the Ghostbusters movies?

Never thought about it this way but it sounds really interesting.

Somebody else suggested an Iron Warriors knight with souls of the crew fused to the machine. Cool idea and pretty much in line with the way the model looks and also pretty compliant with the lore, as far as I know.

• 5 months later...

This is an amazing amount of photos that you have uploaded, it's overwhelming to take everything in. I really like your colour scheme for "The Cindered" faction. Adding the slight hint of blue to the off-black really gives their appearance more depth. I was wondering if that would work on an Avatar of Khaine and your army have proved to me it will be worth trying out when the Eldar revamp gets here. You have some great conversions here, it will take a little while to go through them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

That's a quality diorama. I hope that Knight's got a good pistol, it looks like he's going to need it...

I say he needs a friend to "scratch his back," i.e., fire a heavy stubber at his warsuit, to kill or drive off the Tyranids clinging to it. (American tank crews had to do something similar during the Korean War.)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've taken some photos of my Imperial Knights today and I thought I'd post them here. I've started a blog in the Imperial Knights section for anyone that is more curious.

1658426274841.jpg

1658426274856.jpg

1658426274870.jpg

1658426274893.jpg

1658426274913.jpg

1658426274939.jpg

1658426274982.jpg

Edited by Magos Takatus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some awesome work and awe inspiring work here.

Finished a chaos knight (except for the basing - I usually base in groups) - its  a kit bash of the chaos and imperial kits.

As a Ravager

G6nMMZu.jpg

He looks pretty good as a Despoiler too.

YNj9o6L.jpg

Close up on the bloodletter skull on this tilt plate and the knife holding it in place.  This follows my demon skulls theme on my tilt plate (my other knight, a pic of which is below, has a demonette skull on its tilt plate) and with the colouring of the model lets me field it as either Slannesh or Khorne alligned.  It also shows the eye lenses, name scroll ("Fidelis") and its crotch shield.

gVx0pIz.jpg

Here's the top hatch.  Don't know why Kazinky came to mind - its "sky" instead of "ski" as it fits the space better.  I imagine this/was is the name of the pilot.

mpkTmXn.jpg

Its left shoulder with trophies.  Might add some more symbols as there is a bit too much white space.

QJw0Heu.jpg

Its other shoulder, with my army symbol.

iGbL4OT.jpg

Its back

nhVE3pv.jpg

Close up on his claw

hfhO0lj.jpg

And his sword:

nSFi4To.jpg

And finally, my 2 completed knights together - I'm happy how they look different with the different pinks, but still like they belong together.

Y9PNAUH.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Knight House Romlas, for the moment

lVrgdqE.jpeg

Very happy to finally get the group done. Doing the deliberately streaky washes to represent the oil-rains of their home planet was tough- I really wanted to make it look "better" and not streaky/pooling. 

• 2 months later...

Those are really nice Lork_Ikka, Jolemai and Dedrite.

Converted and painted a Tyrant and pretty happy with it.  Despite being an imperial kit, I feel that I did a pretty good job turning it into a chaos model without having to do extensive conversions and sculpting (the only sculpting is the vulture's feet).

TchHDVu.jpg

9B0R758.jpg

LRxwsYC.jpg

iYzcMms.jpg

EU23xkr.jpg

nWpPfHJ.jpg

And finally, from infantry eye view:

Y4RxG6Z.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No new Knights to report but I edited a short slideshow with musical backing. I've got a scenic background to work with too so they are a bit more interesting than my original slightly artificial looking photos in a lightbox.

https://youtu.be/BUG8RrMMwyA

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd posted this before but maybe in another thread.

Anyways my little diorama,

IMG_20220116_211433_705.jpg

IMG_20220116_213038_928.jpg

Edit: seems I did already post it here on this very page. Apologies. Weird it didn't have a star next to it to show I'd posted in this thread already. 

Edited by Ganders
Double post

• 1 month later...

Your little knights look great!

Just finished my own knight army - just painting up some of the alternate weapon options, and other than that and a few small details they are done.

KSdqeNP.jpg

I think I have individual pictures of most of these earlier in the thread.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui