Betrayers Druhkari

betrayer41

Long time Lerker. Drukhari have always been an army that I’ve been very interested in but never took the plunge. However with the new codex I figure now is time to test out a few schemes. Here my first tough WIP all criticism are more than welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/LesRnBs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VZaeL7u.jpg

Berayers? Pff we are the true kin, the ones who embrace what we are and have never accepted the decline of the eldar. 

I think that scheme is excellent, bone which is a great color for dark eldar, and you've got a nice balance by switching up a little bit of the armor with that red, which also happens to fit well with the white armor. 

Thanks for all the great feedback. Reall enjoying my frisrt Xenos Aarmy so far!

@Panzer: NO idea at all. Suggestions are more than welcome though

@Captain Coolpants: Awesome name btw, The colors are primed with Rhinox. Airbruch Vallejo bone all over, leave some rhinox in the shadows.  The Red is Galvorbak red highlighted with Mephiston. Gloss varnish, wash with Agrax then wip away excess.

They are going to have severl different combos of red plating. I want to people able to tell they are the same force but Drukhari never stuck me as being identical in shceme. This was a very rough scheme i just wanted to make sure i like the colors over all. I should have a few more up tnight!

As of now i Only have warriors. I didnt want to jump in if i didn't enjoy painting and building the models. Ill be picking up the new start collecting next week.  

I think the next challenge, then, will be finding a skin tone that doesn't "blend in" with the pale armour colour.  Though I'm sure you can make it work!

As of now i Only have warriors. I didnt want to jump in if i didn't enjoy painting and building the models. Ill be picking up the new start collecting next week.  

I think the next challenge, then, will be finding a skin tone that doesn't "blend in" with the pale armour colour.  Though I'm sure you can make it work!

Oh man lemme tell you how much research ive already done. And to make it worse ive started a second scheme jsut to compare.  

I know I will be using purple to wash the skin which should help some...

Thanks everyone, ive decided to go with this mostrecent scheme.  Threw this one together last night. Will hopefully has some more polished models done by weeks end.

The Red is Galvorbak (per usual) with a quick highlight of Mephiston. Two coats of gloss varnish, wash with nuln and use qtip to remove excess wash.....which i clearly didn't do a good job of on the left leg. I knocked this one out right before the gym and was in a rush!

Sounds good to me, looking forward to seeing the first squad done :thumbsup: Regarding reducing the wash have you considered mixing it with some medium? It's what I do on my DE for a wash that focuses more on the recesses and I imagine that would save you a far bit of effort in the long run :smile.:

Honestly the wash was just me being lazy haha. I just forgot to clean it up in a few places. I tried medium, but with the gloss varnish the medium dilutes it a bit too much. Im happy with the recesses on this one i Just forgot to clean the panneling

I honestly couldn't tell there were any flaws in the shading :P  The model has a very clean transition from the white to the dark red and the contrast really distracts from any mistakes, at least for me :)

Archived