Sister's of Battle Conversion Request for Help

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your interest in possibly helping me. 

First, I'm planning on building a Sororitas army. I am nearly positive that this will be happening over the next year regardless if the plastics are out. So I am going to start with vehicles. I plan on making this my main army and want to eventually field ~6,000 points of these girls. So, to start things out I plan on building the following over the course of the year but I need some help and suggestions on how to obtain or manually build the pieces I will need to complete the vehicles for this force.

I was looking into Repressors and I found out that Forge World does not seem to still sell these or kits for them. Every vehicle with a Rhino chassis will have this: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IT/Adepta-Sororitas-Rhino-Doors-and-Front-Plate . I am kind of stuck on how to build the top part of the Rhino for the repressor look as well as how to create that turret with two bolters on it. Then I also need a place to mount a second storm bolter that I can remove if necessary and a spot for the heavy flamer. 

Next I am going to be building Exorcists. However, I want to model them like the following: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7eqtBWQus

maxresdefault.jpg

The Rhinos are pretty easy as they are still sold and don't require too many additional options. Anyway, thank you again for any of the tips.

For your Exorcist, the boxes with the missiles are from the hunter seeker missiles in a box from the old guard vehicle sprue. Not sure if it still exists.

But for missiles you could find some in the Dark Eldar Razorwing kit if you want to go the GW route or look into some military plane kits or upgrade. The boxes could be built with plasticcard.

The main things for the Repressor are the raised troop compartment with the vision ports, the front turret, and a big 'Dozer blade. The troop compartment and the turret can be kitbashed from the Immolater tank (and, if you're sparing with the iconography, there's enough to bling a plain Rhino too). The 'Dozer blade can come from a Vindicaor, or one of the Imperial Guard tank accessory sprues (GW still sell one via their online store, but these and the Vindicator blades can be bits-bought separately online). You will need to be a bit creative, but when combined with a plain Rhino (or a Vindicator if you *really* want the 'Dozer blade), you can get two vehicles easily enough. Speaking of which, if you can ever buy a Rhino, buy a Razorback instead - for a tiny extra uplift in price, you get the whole extra Razorback sprue in the box which is very useful.

For the Exorcist, that conversion you showed used the original Imperial Tank Accessory sprue that was around during 2nd Edition 40k - the Hunter Killer missile tubes specifically. It was replaced in late 4th/early 5th Edition version, which changed the way the HK looked, and lost the launch tube, although it looks like the 4E/5E HK missiles themselves are used in the older 2E launch tubes. The launch tubes are actually easy enough to make yourself from plasticard, and you only need HK missiles for the tubes that are open - and really, you can just use anything suitable here from actual HK missiles, to pen lids, to sharpened plastic/wooden dowel.

If you don't mind spending the money to just buy something instead, you could have a look here for the Repressor, and here (or here) for the Exorcist. There are rather a lot of third-party bits made for SoB and for SM that could work, so it's well worth scouting around to see of there's anything that could save you a lot of work. :)

That is awesome! I love the Repressor and the Tornado Missile attachment. I don't really care about the cost I just want them to look good on the table. ^_^

Thank you so much!

Archived