Why no Dreadnaught in Death Guard codex?

birdbath

The chaos terminology is now Helbrute. I suppose it helps distinguish loyalist from traitors for the sake of strategems and the like

The options in the death guard codex more or less cover the traditional chaos dread weapons load out. I don't think anything is missing

• 2 weeks later...

Last I checked death guard dreadnoughts do not move ten inches. Though they are "faster" or at least can be played more mobile thanks to our legion trait

Regular Dreadnoughts move 6". ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm seeing dreadnoughts moving 6 and help brutes moving 8. The contemptor moves 9 but decreases with damage. Which I'm surprised that normal dreadnoughts and hellbrutes dont decrease with damage like other vehicle's.

I personally fail to see the tactical merit in DG taking dreads. There’s so many cool choices for DG which benefit in different ways... FnP or Daemon saves.

I have on DG buddy that takes two per game and being brutally honest I don’t see the reason.

I always take multiple dreads in my list and they always seem to do pretty well though they are the FW dreads which I tend to find  alot more reliable than the most of the daemon engines especially bligh haulers which I just find useless since I never take them as a unit of 3. I am planning on taking a couple helbrutes with twin las and Misile launcher to add some decent long ranged high S weapons with decent AP plus I can keep them moving forward with my plague marines and Contemptors  with their much better BS actually having a better chance of causing decent damage to stuff

I'll be fielding 2-3 stock standard Helbrutes with Melta/Fist in most of my lists. They were originally intended as a stop-gap unit while I paint up Bloat Drones but now that I can only take 3 of them (the datasheet cap is pretty prevalent here outside narrative games) I've made them a more permanent part of the army. I haven't had a whole lot of experience with them yet, but being able to move and shoot the melta without the -1 penalty isn't terrible on paper. I'd still prefer to run my 6 drones, but the brutes fulfill a similar role for me.

I should point out I'm not a super competitive player and my lists are usually average at best, but when I have used the brutes in the past they've been pretty handy for me.

I have on DG buddy that takes two per game and being brutally honest I don’t see the reason.

The reasoning boils down to big stompy robots from hell :tongue.:

I'm seeing dreadnoughts moving 6 and help brutes moving 8. The contemptor moves 9 but decreases with damage. Which I'm surprised that normal dreadnoughts and hellbrutes dont decrease with damage like other vehicle's.

Only things with 10 or more wounds decrease wit damage.

DG Leviathan is genuinely very good because it has no BS penalty when moving and firing it's substantially powerful weapons.

Did they give the leviathan the "HELBRUTE" keyword?

if not, DG legion traits dont work on them

DG Leviathan is genuinely very good because it has no BS penalty when moving and firing it's substantially powerful weapons.

Did they give the leviathan the "HELBRUTE" keyword?

if not, DG legion traits dont work on them

They have indeed!

Cool (where?)

Why, IN THE ERRATA OF COURSE! (I don't care if they call it an FAQ, it is Nurgle-damned errata, because it sure as heck wasn't in there before).

Seriously, the game has been changed so much over the course of a year I don't know why anyone even buys books.

• 2 weeks later...

My lists always have at least two helbrutes and generally one Levi dread. Being able to move and ignore the heavy penalty is such a great thing for them. For the person above who doesn't understand why his buddies uses helbrutes in a DG list...they are still great units that excel in anti vehicle. I personally always give mine one melee and one ranged weapon. People who want to DS or assault them always have to take that into consideration.

My lists always have at least two helbrutes and generally one Levi dread. Being able to move and ignore the heavy penalty is such a great thing for them. For the person above who doesn't understand why his buddies uses helbrutes in a DG list...they are still great units that excel in anti vehicle. I personally always give mine one melee and one ranged weapon. People who want to DS or assault them always have to take that into consideration.

What ranged weapon do you give your ones???

What ranged weapon do you give your ones???

Lascannon or reaper for helbrute. Grav bombard or butcher for the Levi.

I had a game tonight with the list I posted on the DG army list against Space Wolves. I was on the way to completely tabling them when the handshake was offered at the end of my shooting in the top of turn three. The Helbrutes and Levi in that list along with the PBC and the bloat drones to harass enemy vehicles is very hard for the opponent to deal with.

Archived