Great idea from Drukhari codex

Ichar

The way Drukhari get extra CP for different detachments is a great idea. So GW does have good ideas for this type of thing. I wish they would share that creativeness with the elite armies. Anyone agree?

The Drukhari Codex is definitely the polar opposite to the GK codex in some regards. Where the GK Codex feels half-finished and like an afterthought the Drukhari Codex is just filled with creativity (and tbh with competetiveness as well).

I hope the Drukhari Codex sets up a trend for more Codexes like that. It won't help GK right now but gives hope in the long run. At least we now know that GW CAN write something good like that.

Stratagem denial is broken against the armies that relies on them, like Chaos Marines, Death Guard or Custodes. Considering DE will have 7-10 CP easily from 3 patrols and warlord trait, 3 CP for such a powerful stratagem is fair price. The worst about this is that Craftworld brothers can have cheap DE patrol to gain access to it. 

As for special ways of CP generation, I guess, it was made this way because of 3 separate factions in 1. To have bonuses for Kabal, Cult or Coven, these must be separate detachments, so GW made and easy way for DE to take them all. I doubt, anyone gets anything similar (except Ynnari, maybe).

I only hope that this isn't another way to make formations from 7th edition. GW already broke 40k with this kind of games. At the beginning formations didn't look like something OP or weird. than the armageddon happened. 

Another Phil Kelly army has great options and abilities?

Fellas, I really, really miss Matt Ward.

I strongly agree. I had this impression since 2016.

It never really bothered me that much, because none of the fluff was set in stone anyways, since it could all be propaganda and the like.

I always saw the lore as a framework to make my own stories.

I like the idea of Jedi/An'lashok/paladin marines going into situations where normal Astartes can't go-because it's too dangerous.

Doomslayer Driago is really, really awesome.

Archived