Deathwatch Company Under Inquisitor Aleth Varox

Figured I go ahead and start my WIP thread now I done got back into the groove of things (14 years out the game) and decided to go Deathwatch due to the fact, I wanted to kitbash everything I possibly could. Coming along nicely, only sucky part is waiting on the international shipping to come through. :sad.:

So I decided to go with Deathwatch, cause of all the flavors I can throw all into the pot. Essentially, my Deathwatch company serves under Inquisitor Aleth Varox who requested dedicated soldiers to following his cause. They could never go back to their homeland, they will have no chapter and their lives should be dedicated to the investigations of xeno races intelligence, and the potential chances of Chaos seeping into the alien race through the warp.

So a little lore to help you get the gist of what im going for. 

Watch Sergeant 

20180326 004601

Kill Team 1

As you can see, I didnt want to do the boring black and silver (also i havent perfected the black armor shading and highlight) So I decided to go with a charcoal grey, Gold deathwatch arms, the sergeant has a gold helm and im debating if i wanna do gold helms for the whole unit, but we will see. No chapter, because they are all black shields. So im sticking mostly with Sternguard shoulder pads or any unique shoulder pads, because hey they are still decorated soldiers, just gave up their chapter to serve this inquisitors purpose for the Imperium. Most of the parts are either from GK, DA, Sternguard and whatever i can find on ebay.

SN: the marine in the back with the silver arm was the first model i painted in over 10 years. he was the test subject when i realized i didnt want to do traditional black and silver. And i still have to work on the watch sergeant xeno blade again, didnt come out the way I wanted so Im going about it a different way.

Librarian

Pure kitbash, was inspired on pinterest, this guy was fun to do. Wish i had more dynamic legs, but im still waiting on a package from canada to come through. but looking for bits on ebay took about 4 hrs to do. But was fun looking. cost me close to 30 bucks, but you get so much more for other soldiers. His blade came from a necron, thrown on top of a gk force weapon. his hand came from a thousand sons sergeant i believe. GK body till i get this bit bag in. Death company legs. sternguard shoulder pads and random arms cut from bolter wielding and a command squad pointy finger. his cape came from a death guard set. Which was hard to put on because i dont / not good with green stuff. so alot of shaving, cutting, and blue tac has it together now. but it came out well. I need to find some rocks to elevate him possibly but we will see.

Watch Sergeant For Kill Team 2
he was cool to do, just a GK leg and sterguard torso with deathwatch boltgun and xeno blade. DA head and some extra knick knack on his backpack

But that is as far as got on Sunday. Still waiting on my space wolves bit bag. and waiting on my package from overseas to work on my watch master and inquisitor. bought a box of imperial guard for my ally detachment and we will see where that will go. Hope you enjoyed.

Adding IG as allies to buff out my army, but they serve under an xenos inquisitor. So i wanted to throw a classic in the mix and go with the Gue'vesa concept

Threw a scout head on top, doesnt fit well, but drilled a hole, shaved off the neck from the scout head and pinned it. threw a scope on top, filed down the barrel and kept it simple. Might throw a loin cloth on them with some purity seals, but who knows, might be doing too much. Also have to throw some green stuff in the mix, missed the mark on the cuts.

Archived