Heliomanii Cult - Army blog

Heliomanes

Greetings, fellow adepts. It's been a while since last time. Currently I've been converting up some Dark Mechanicum adepts to function as allies to my Thousand Sons. We have to get our supplies somewhere, right? Hope you enjoy them. They are two Myrmidon-based Lords Discordant lead by a third, more elaborate conversion. Painting is not finished, but close enough to show them off a bit.

C2ZriKl.jpgsmdbukQ.jpglXHvOLV.jpgYECpqxm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, no twitter account that I am aware of. Wouldn't mind if anyone used my ideas though. Happy to share. I got some of my best ideas for color schemes by experimenting with what other people have been doing, after all.

Got a few quick pics of my power armor sorcerers of various kinds. Still WIP, but like the rubrics they are starting to look like something.

j4S48s6.jpg04HLw2L.jpgxw0QevW.jpg90DArWY.jpg5yxfrUe.jpglScMhMa.jpgZBhFvxD.jpg

You have a real talent for making those vibrant colours work so well. I bet that army looks amazing on the table. I do like my traditional blues on the army but the way you’ve pulled the reds together over the whole army really shows off the original scheme of the legion. 

im also glad to hear you are serious about the tournament.  Have you finalized your list yet?

KxJLecs.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah, I ended up settling for the list variant with the time travelling terminators and the teleporting leviathan, though I know I can make a more competitive list using more rubrics and casters instead, and adding in the cult of mutation for the spell... But... You know. Time travelling terminators and teleporting leviathan is just fun.

Had another practice game versus Blood Angels today, and took a quick army shot. Mistakes were made on both sides, and we had to stop it a bit early, but I was in a good position to win. Again, the rubrics excelled. Highlight - death company blob charged from out of cover, due to stacked buffs they only killed 4 rubrics. Dust bunnies punched back and killed 10 death company - he lost the rest to morale. Hilarious. To me, at least.

That is hilarious... to me as well as I find new Blood Angels quite a handful. Perhaps blood angels are just doomed to humiliating moments against thousand sons?

I mean my last victory against them was because I canceled the “fly” spell that their Libby dreadnaught has and Ahriman got off a Doombolt on their sanguinary HQ  

i think you’ll have fun with your list and there’s still some strong combos in there. I haven’t been able to drop Time Termies since the rule came out and it really is fun and practical.  

m6j3WEQ.jpgUKNL4TX.jpg

Some more details done on the sorcerers / aspiring sorcerers. Gems and helmet stripes really ties them together. Tournament is this weekend, so pardon the frantic progress reports until then. I'll probably go into a pretty long hobby hiatus afterwards, so the spam is a temporary phenomenon.

Lol, love your BA story, Prot. I honestly think we're in a good spot against the angels now that we have an effective screening unit for once. If we take the Cult of Mutation spell we can even slow them down outside of LOS and potentially even outside of denial range.

I'll add some pics someone less scatterbrained had the good sense to take from the recent tourney I attended. Note the Leviathan is absent, since I entered into the "best big model" painting category. Ended up winning "best 40k army," which was fun and unexpected, since there were a lot of really good painters there with very diverse painting styles. From my undisciplined miasma of colors to more sober people from historical modelling backgrounds, focusing on realistic weathering and basing. Tourney was a blast, as always.

lStGVuD.jpgRU8zr8c.jpgFosSVLl.jpghrEd4RK.jpgWknvXwq.jpg

Edited by Heliomanes