Raptors new project

Johanhgg

Why aren't the Scouts' armor in the same camouflage pattern as the clothes they wear underneath? Did the Chapter have insufficient numbers of serfs/servitors aboard the strike cruiser transporting these Scouts, to repaint the latter's armor in a camouflage pattern effective for their next battlefield?

I have a modeling reason why not to do that. One camouflage model looks cool. 30 start to look like a big blob. A guy at our flgs has a sweet camo technique and they look great individually. As an army the do what camouflage does, it blends into the table. Which is a pretty cool edge during a game actually but even as killer as it is likely won’t ever when any best painted army awards.

PS: I think the white in the pants and hat gives it just the right amount of “pop” to be noticed but true to the theme. :)

Edited by Dracos

I have a modeling reason why not to do that. One camouflage model looks cool. 30 start to look like a big blob. A guy at our flgs has a sweet camo technique and they look great individually. As an army the do what camouflage does, it blends into the table. Which is a pretty cool edge during a game actually but even as killer as it is likely won’t ever when any best painted army awards.

PS: I think the white in the pants and hat gives it just the right amount of “pop” to be noticed but true to the theme. :)

Yes you are entirely correct. The better and more realistic camo the worse the visual appearence Will be. Doing a perfect camo-pattern in the colours of the base actually make a bad model (even if its cool) because the camo Will do What the camo does -blending the model in to the envirement.