Raptors new project

Johanhgg

Thumbs up on the newest pattern. Definitely different than “standard” camo.

Thank you! I will go with this urban-pattern on my scout clothing and recon marine-camocloaks. Just to add; pattern was painted with Vallejo; standard grey, green gray, German grey and white.

I’m thinking about making the scouts camocloaks in some woodland Camo to break up the grey-black-white dominant colors. What do you think?

I'm more gamer than hobbyist in that regard. It comes down to what pleases you the most. I like my army to have a consistent color scheme. I might change the pattern up say Scouts and Intercessors. They'll have different patterns but the colors used will be the same. I'm thinking of trying a different pattern for a squad of Intercessors that will be a big enough change my opponent knows they are special (thinking DW Kill Team). but keeping them uniform enough they still blend with rest of the army.

That's just my preference though. I think you could go the other way also. I had one DIY army I took to Games Day and each squad was a different established Chapter. No one had an issue with it and most thought it was neat way to represent a Crusade.

Let your army tell your story :)

I'm more gamer than hobbyist in that regard. It comes down to what pleases you the most. I like my army to have a consistent color scheme. I might change the pattern up say Scouts and Intercessors. They'll have different patterns but the colors used will be the same. I'm thinking of trying a different pattern for a squad of Intercessors that will be a big enough change my opponent knows they are special (thinking DW Kill Team). but keeping them uniform enough they still blend with rest of the army.

That's just my preference though. I think you could go the other way also. I had one DIY army I took to Games Day and each squad was a different established Chapter. No one had an issue with it and most thought it was neat way to represent a Crusade.

Let your army tell your story :)

Wise words! I’m ok game wise with almost everything just there’s some kind of fluffy explanation to why something is what it is. I’m gonna try different pattern cloaks and see what happens :)

Ok time to get thumb out of ass and get miniatures finished. No more fiddling around with possible camo-patterns.

First out 2 scouts, still things to fix up but got promoted to tabletop-ready. A battle coming up soon :)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/johanhgg/4D5DB378-F848-477B-9CF3-97F8D713F079_zpsphvayckp.jpeg

Good job on the Scouts.

Thanks man!

Very impressive, indeed! Loving the camo pattern - I might just rip it off borrow it for my RG scouts. :whistling:

Do it! I Command you to! If you want colour-palette and how-to just ask :)

I don’t know anybody who does better camo patterns :)

Thanks alot man! I really Appreciate your words!

RAR that is Raptortastic!

So, what's next ... a Land Raider?

Thanks alot! :) its something about you and raiders i think :D i do have 3 raiders primed, but havent decided which of my armies who will be blessed with them, im leaning towards my Dark Angels.........

I just think that with your excellent skills for this amazing Chapter that something more ... sizable deserves your attention.  I mean, it could really be anything from a Dreadnought to a Warlord Titan.  I'm simply suggesting a Land Raider as a humble compromise ^_^

I just think that with your excellent skills for this amazing Chapter that something more ... sizable deserves your attention. I mean, it could really be anything from a Dreadnought to a Warlord Titan. I'm simply suggesting a Land Raider as a humble compromise ^_^

I humbly thank you for your words! I have a leviathan dread and a deredo dread dedicated to Raptors chapter :D they WILL get painted soon

Good job on that camo cloak!

Thanks alot brother!

That scheme works great!

I feel like you should make a mini diorama for them on a rocky outcrop for Armies on Parade! ;) :tu:

Thanks man! Good advice! Ill try to do that!:)