Raptors new project

Johanhgg

Looking good. I keep toying with the idea of adding bikes but have never done it. I do have one attack bike that I may finish up to see if I like how it plays.

Thank you! But now i have an issue of my usual anxiety again.....what if my bikes destiny is another chapter tactic? Bikes want to be inside rapid fire-range, RG chapter tactic useless in those situations. What if my bikes should be ultra marines tactics or white scars tactics?

Or paint the fast elements as Raven Guard to at least be able to take advantage of shrike regarding my jump packers?

My life must be perfect since these dilemmas and problems is reflected on during most of my time awake.

Or paint every damn thing as an unknown chapter and play however I feel...

I've toyed with that. Make a homegrown chapter and run them with whatever tactic I want with chapter specific units at the time.

Or a raven guard-painted whatever chapter. “This army is white scars, but painted as Raven guard”

Actually, I think white scars CT is more fitting to raven guard in some ways.

Just interested; what was your chapter called and what paintscheme?

I never actually made a homebrew chapter. Got to overwhelmed with feeling the need to have it all sorted on day 1 so I never followed through. I think I'm going to explore making my own chapter with Kill Team and possibly expanding from there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im returning to my Raptors. A part of that is because this particular part of the forum is extremely nice, that means you guys, part of it because ive got some land raiders to paint and part of it because ive gone full circle in my compulsive quest for chapters to paint, and in my mind i always return to Raptors - its the emperors will.

Update with pictures later tonight!

Hobby ones have a different scale and its been a while since I've bought mine

Any standard hobby pin vice should have a few different sizes they come with

I think army builder / painter has a set which is probably more reasonable than the GW set

I also keep a 2mm & 3mm bit handy for magnetising :)