Gathering Ork Codex Suggestions for GW

Aothaine

Alright, so there are a few Ork players that have posted their concern with GW and that they might not address some of the issues or desires that the player base has. So, I have created this post. I will read through it once a week and update this first post with suggestions and requests that I will then send to GW to look at. Please keep all discussions out of this thread. If you want to debate a topic create a different thread for it. This topic is just top post ideas that the community has agreed upon. Please use the following template.

Requested Change/Suggestion: 

Link to discussion with community:

You can link opposing views. That is fine. Just keep it short and to the point. Make sure that you are backing up your request/suggestion with as much supportive discussion that you can, in a different post, and link that discussion to the post you make here. 

If you have any questions or a better idea on how to go about this then please pm me and I'll update this post so we are not creating multiple posts for the same cause.

Well, with the codex coming out in June supposedly, it might be a bit late to send in suggestions.  With three months left, our Codex is likely already completed or very close.  You have to figure the amount of time it takes to print the required copies, new miniatures (hopefully), plus putting together the PR campaign via social media for the release adds up.  Usually, these things are started months in advance.  Buuuuuuuut, all that being said...

1. Shooting :P  I feel like pretty much every Ork player here can agree that our shooting suffered tremendously with the loss of templates.  Now, half of the Ork playerbase seems to be on the side of just increasing Ork BS to 4+.  I am not part of that camp.  I don't think Orks should be an accurate shooting army.  They never have been, and before someone brings up the fact we had BS 2 in 2 ed, that did not make us a shooty army.  Orks have always been close combat oriented.  I'm as nostalgic as the next player, but like it or not, Orks have evolved since then, as has the game.  Myself, I'm in the camp of "unrelenting volume."  Orks aren't that good at shooting, but they do have lots of dakka to compensate.  So for me, I like the rule that has been kicked around that states "Orks always hit in shooting on a roll of 6+ regardless of modifiers."  Nothing Klan specific, just blanket for Orks period.  Its fluffy, it makes sense, and it allows us to still put out shooting when facing pesky Eldar, Alpha Legion, etc. 

2.  Fix our burnas.  We have the worst flamers in the game right now.  Every other race has d6 auto hits, ours are only D3.  The exception to that would be Wraithguard, but their flamers are ridiculously strong to compensate for the low amount of shots.  We need auto hit weapons that are worth taking, and rolling one D3 for an entire unit to calculate hits isn't worth it in my opinion.  You can't make an entire army BS 5+, take away templates, and then on top of that give us the worst auto hit weapons in the game. Bump our burnas up to D6 hits, remove the one roll to calculate all hits, and increase the points to 9 points per burna just like every other army gets.

3.  KFFs as a purchasable upgrade that doesn't replace a weapon option.  Its back mounted.  Doesn't make sense that my Mek has to lose a weapon when he carries it on his back. 

4.  Bring back looted vehicles!  That was one of the coolest things about Orks, and they were just straight up removed.

5.  We need some sort of sniper unit.  Grots would fit the bill here.  You could pretty much copy/paste the ratling snipers into our codex and it would still make sense. 

Well, with the codex coming out in June supposedly, it might be a bit late to send in suggestions.  With three months left, our Codex is likely already completed or very close.  You have to figure the amount of time it takes to print the required copies, new miniatures (hopefully), plus putting together the PR campaign via social media for the release adds up.  Usually, these things are started months in advance.  Buuuuuuuut, all that being said...

If it is stated to release in June it is too late. The books are printed almost 6 months in advance to give shipping the time to get the product into warehouses then out to the vendors. Perhaps this post should have been made months ago. Lol! ahh well. I suppose this thread can get closed then.

Why do Orks need a sniper unit? Why should they be the same as everyone else?

It's that same logic that made Necrons into metal humans.

Grot snipers have been mentioned in more than one novel over the years. Which is the same logic as players asking for Prime-Orks. 

Archived