ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

Well gang, I hit a snag in my ETL plans ... I'm selling/buying a home.

This means I need to prep the home for Open Houses that could happen daily. That means I gotta put away A BUNCH of my stuff, which is to say my hobby. Having said that, I can certainly make a thing to (un)pack stuff quickly, but the convenience is out and that burns time. That's the selling part.

The buying part clearly means stuff has to get packed, the move, and the unpacking which is more time.

All in all, yay for the family! But my desires for the ETL are getting washed. I may be able to get my first vow done, but everything else is looking grim.

Grats on the big step!

RL > 40K

I moved last year for my job and completely understand where you're coming from, Race. You have to make the house look good to sell and spend a lot of time looking. I think we looked close to 50 homes before we found the one we bought. Good luck with your endeavor and may you get a dedicated hobby space out of it!

Congrats on the house hunting Race. You're not off the hook though. You got to keep encouraging the rest of us, to pick up the slack ;)

ETL reserves in the form of the Warhawks <Raven Guard> will be posting pics mid week. :D

(Wish me luck on a job interview Monday)

Thanks gang ^_^  I think we got lucky on a realtor and the numbers are looking favorable :tu:  IF I'm not painting then at least I can still check on you guys and gals through the power of the internetz.

Big hopes Dracos, nothing like a new job to help the soul (from a certain point of view) :lol:

Arrgh...I promised myself no more silly painting deadlines, after the T'au Titan is finished for the Golden Trolls at the beginning of June!

But the lure of ETL and my Raven Guard is to strong!

I'll lose a month but, Vow 1 will go in 'Storm Eagle', after that it may have to be four separate 'characters' to make it to 5 vows.

You think you're out then you get sucked back in!

Cheers,

Valaas

Arrgh...I promised myself ... and my Raven Guard ...

... a 'Storm Eagle' and after that ... four separate 'characters' to make it to 5 vows.

Cheers,

Valaas

Fixed for you ;)

Darkwing pattern right? Although the Nighthawk would be nice too :)

Arrgh...I promised myself ... and my Raven Guard ...

... a 'Storm Eagle' and after that ... four separate 'characters' to make it to 5 vows.

Cheers,

Valaas

Fixed for you :wink:

Darkwing pattern right? Although the Nighthawk would be nice too :smile.:

Hmmmmmm......we shall see :wink:

As its 40K think it will have to be the ROC Pattern, as it's more expensive points wise :whistling:

Edit: Hello Sons of Corax. :smile.:

I've recently decided to convert my Reivers into count as <Scouts>. That leaves me with two boxes of Sniper Scouts I will not be using ... and would like to offer one to each of the first two (2) who have sworn to the Raven Guard during ETL who complete 1k (1,000) points.

Hope everyone is enjoying ETL (High time I start laying down some paint)

Dracos

Oh man, I have been dragging my feet on making my pledge, but never underestimate the power of free stuff to motivate me beyond reason!

Yeah, I need to get my post up, but I've been so busy lately that I get home from work, eat, put the kids to bed, and then put myself to bed.

I need to just make my small HQ pledge and do that so I can help out. 3 months for a couple HQs is doable for me.

Well gang, I hit a snag in my ETL plans ... I'm selling/buying a home.

I've just this morning fallen into the same boat, Race. But together we can get a vow done! Granted, I actually have to make mine, first.

We can dooo eeet!

I am about 5 hours from finishing ...

WHEN I BREAK THOSE CABLES OFF AND BURN THEM IN A PYRE OF RIGHTEOUS JOY ...

later today.

What no pics? ... Didn't happen. :teehee:

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_201886.jpg

Proof I mean business. In the right side of the moltn pile is a coil from one cable assembly ... the rest is in the mass.

^_^

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong ... Later today.

"Ohhhh. Mamma Mia!"

.... are you sure there isn’t a bit of Salamander in your gene-seed Race ;)

All right Brothers , let’s get those 1st Vows in before end of the month. It’s not the size of the Vow Astartes, it’s getting the job you’ve sworn on the Chapters honor to finish. Surely we need more Techmarines for those Repulsors I saw finished last month. :)

OOOOOOPS...just posted this in the appropriate place!

I Valaas rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Codex: Space Marines and vow to complete a ROK Pattern Storm Eagle of total value 407 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me and the Raven Guard 4th Company, eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

sml_gallery_94784_12801_213161.jpg

I promised myself no more deadlines! Breaking strength of a KitKat....Doh!
Cheers,
Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

ETL Update (no pics though).

The Ancient and Champion dudes are coming along.  The holiday weekend and the whole house buy/sell thing really chewed into my projections for completion.  Yet, by my reckoning, I'd wager a solid three hours to get them done.  I might ... miiiiiight see them finished this week.

And then after that, the paints need to get boxed for about a week or two.

How are y'all coming along?

Uugghh ... first unit of 5 Intercessors and 15 Hellblasters have first layer of paint on them albeit some parts were painted while still on the sprue.

As soon as we get back from a week in DC of family vacation I’ll be finishing assembly and dipping them for shading. So yeah slowly. :( Arlington, the Mall, and Smithsonian come first though. 17/15 won’t get many chances to do this kind of thing again.

Looking forward to finishing the Infantry. Excited to get the Xiphon started. :)

Uugghh ... first unit of 5 Intercessors and 15 Hellblasters have first layer of paint on them albeit some parts were painted while still on the sprue.

As soon as we get back from a week in DC of family vacation I’ll be finishing assembly and dipping them for shading. So yeah slowly. :sad.: Arlington, the Mall, and Smithsonian come first though. 17/15 won’t get many chances to do this kind of thing again.

Looking forward to finishing the Infantry. Excited to get the Xiphon started. :smile.:

Not sure if you're still there and have it planned or not: I highly recommend the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum (a division of the Smithsonian) in Chantilly, VA. Its a 35 min drive from downtown DC. 

Archived