ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

Arlington yesterday. Four more days of museums and nature trails. Headed to the Mall as I post. :). Thanks for heads up, family loves stuff like that. As a Navy vet it was nice to see the memorial museum.

Decided I’m doubling down on my Xiphon and RG Contemptor Dreadnought after the wallet recovers from vacation. Anything good is worth having two of. Wives not withstanding ;)

Progress is being made on my vow, but slowly.  I keep meaning to set up a WIP thread, but that's wasted painting time.

Small children and sleep deprivation only give me an hour a night if I'm lucky.

My chosen paint scheme does not help matters either!

It's a challenge to balance the hobby and everything else.  But it's worth it if even 15 minutes is spared for the Chapter :tu:

TIME FOR THE PLASTIC GOD!

In an amazing twist of fate, after posting that above, I sat down to handle some work, then jump onto the painting table to bust out the dudes when the agent calls to set-up a viewing.  This burned up all the time I slotted.

Man, I'm >.< this close to finishing.  Seriously, one hour and I'm done :tu:

I’m so glad I didn’t pledge too much, new job and not sleeping baby/neophyte are really cutting into my time in the armoury.

Still, 10 man assault squad nearly done, 5 vanguard about halfway and the land speeder is.... built..... mostly.

I have three tactical squads, an apothecary, honour guard, a drop pod, first company chaplain and a tech marine to potentially pledge plus I’m thinking about building a new chapter master figure. But I think I’ll just vow a character or two next, keep it achievable!

Keep up the good work everyone, it’s great getting inspired to pick up the brush by swinging by the Ravenspire

Oh yeah man, neophytes take a lot of time, but that is time VERY well spent.  I dare not clock the time I spend looking at plastic and wishing it to be painted perfectly, much less the time spent across a table pushing around toy soldiers and tanks for some sense of personal accomplishment and "victory" over another person resulting in handshakes. 

Meanwhile Taylor Swift can essentially live the rest of her life without having to do anything existentially meaningful.

What have I done with my life ...

/mid-life crisis ON

Ha yes, fortunately my eldest son is starting to play so that at least means I can justify a little bit of game time and painting. He’s not quite seven so I’ve stripped back the rules a bit for him but it’s still hella cool.

A few more years and my master plan of actually growing humans to game with will be complete

Many would say that as I haven't even primed my vow yet, I've been doing nothing. But they'd be wrong.

The Tartaros Terminators are now assembled and mostly based. The Sgt needs an oily pool at his feet, and they all need basing texture:

19Sqd_1_Assembly.jpg?raw=1

In the days of Primaris I now have to embigger (ironic that my spellchecker keeps correcting that to "embitter") all my Marines. These guys get ribbing in the waist and this one needed a leg repose:

19Sqd_2_Assembly.jpg?raw=1

And whilst the Emperor's Champion is possibly my favourite GW miniature, I couldn't help messing with him. A Company Champion needs his combat shield, so I've rotated the wrist, cast one up and added a Chapter icon, though I think it all needs a bit of tidying up:

CompanyChampion_1_Assembly.jpg?raw=1

That EC model has held up well over the years. That designer had a great vision. It works for every Chapter I’ve seen it painted in. Love the shield. Has a been there done that look to it. :)

@Duz I'm getting there, yeah? Jeez. I'm also trying to finish my cursed Stormtalon before really getting into these.

@ Itvyper, making them taller is just a case of putting a ball of milliput/green stuff between the leg and torso joint before pushing them together, then tidying and scoring the ribbing in with the back of a hobby knife. It helps to get a sense of how much you need with blu tac first, and drill a pin into the leg section so it doesn't snap off easily once it's all set.

• 1 month later...

A little help please ... 

I need to know who has scored over a 1000 or at least the most in the Corax familt during ETL. I know Spaz and Race have completed Vows but not sure who else and at what point level.

Thanks

Dracos

Greetings fellow RG/ successors.

So good to have the first vow finished, but now I need to replicate the paint scheme of the whirlwind Steel Rain on it's squadron partner Rock Storm, which I vowed yesterday.

Now Steel Rain took me a month to paint, but I've got a week to do Rock Storm... The one thing in my favour is that Rock Storm has no pintle mounted stormbolter.

Steel Rain

v95WWai.jpg

ZbQkYJW.jpg

It does thanks.

It looks like Cordova and golfdeltafoxtrot are giving Race a run at the "title". I think Spa is winning the shoulder pads by default and the Sniper Scouts are still up for grabs from the looks of it. 

I want to make sure I/we don't miss anyone. :smile.: Such as Longjohnsilver  .... Dude that is sweeeeeet. :thumbsup: 

As an aside. Next time we run a RG event I'd like to volunteer another incentive.

Thanks. Seeing as you like it I'll post the other angles too.

I want to make sure I/we don't miss anyone. :smile.: Such as Longjohnsilver  .... Dude that is sweeeeeet. :thumbsup: 

Oh, thanks for the offer but I have to keep disciplined and paint 7k of Crows, starting with the Battle Company and the free transports, as per the 7th edition Battle company formation. After that I have lots of Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus.

More shots of the artillery:

iZ8krga.jpg

ue8egHA.jpg

1S2zHxn.jpg

Say hello to my little friends :wink:

daFdlUg.jpg

Archived