ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

Edit: Hello Sons of Corax. :smile.:

I've recently decided to convert my Reivers into count as <Scouts>. That leaves me with two boxes of Sniper Scouts I will not be using ... and would like to offer one to each of the first two (2) who have sworn to the Raven Guard during ETL who complete 1k (1,000) points.

Hope everyone is enjoying ETL (High time I start laying down some paint)

Dracos

Edit: Well ... I've decided to steal a page from our Templar brothers and put the Warhawks icon on both shoulder pads and just reordered them from Shapeways. sooo ....

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LQTQ5KGJK/eagle-shoulder-pad-icons-x20-r-2?optionId=63419331&li=marketplace

bonus to the highest scoring <Raptor> ETL participant.

Okay I’ve never done this before but everyone seems excited about it I thought I’d see if this is a thing I can commit to. So I have questions for those who are veterans of ETL, and seek advice for being successful as possible ... understanding there are likely changes from one event to the other.

Most importantly for me given my work load and painting limitations ...

Are there pledges or just build as many points as possible in a time period?

How much prep work can be done score hand and still be valid for entry?

Are there generally categories that award bonuses? (So if I need to order special bits I can do that asap)

I really have limited free time but would like to give this a shot with the Primaris DIY I’ve been collecting and doing prep work on. (just saw all the mold lines on the backpacks on the spruce - Lord I forgot how much time is spent making mold lines go away)

This thread is a free for all for anyone’s ETL ideas related to Raven Guard :smile.:

Okay I’ve never done this before but everyone seems excited about it I thought I’d see if this is a thing I can commit to. So I have questions for those who are veterans of ETL, and seek advice for being successful as possible ... understanding there are likely changes from one event to the other.

Most importantly for me given my work load and painting limitations ...

1-Are there pledges or just build as many points as possible in a time period?

2-How much prep work can be done score hand and still be valid for entry?

3-Are there generally categories that award bonuses? (So if I need to order special bits I can do that asap)

I really have limited free time but would like to give this a shot with the Primaris DIY I’ve been collecting and doing prep work on. (just saw all the mold lines on the backpacks on the spruce - Lord I forgot how much time is spent making mold lines go away)

This thread is a free for all for anyone’s ETL ideas related to Raven Guard :smile.:

these are all from years past rules

1- We team up in groups ie Marines vs chaos vs etc. so everyone that vows for Adeptus Astartes sub group competes against against the other sub groups. You make a vow to paint a legal unit and have the time frame to build it. You are required to do weekly updates. once that vow is completed you can do another vow and continue doing so up to 5 vows. It is very similar to the building painting things we do here in the  Ravenspire

2- you are allowed to have models built but not primed or painted. 

3- painting, vows over 3000 pts, most points by a player irrc

Here's a linky to the last ETL, ETL V

There are pledges, historically, you're limited to 5 vows for the event, with a points limit on each vow (I don't recall the limit atm).

IIRC, models can be all the way up to Primed (maybe base coated).

There are no bonus' everything is only worth its Codex points cost.

Cheers,

Jono

Here's a linky to the last ETL, ETL V

There are pledges, historically, you're limited to 5 vows for the event, with a points limit on each vow (I don't recall the limit atm).

IIRC, models can be all the way up to Primed (maybe base coated).

There are no bonus' everything is only worth its Codex points cost.

Cheers,

Jono

I was just about to add the link thanks grotsmasha for doing this........Alas I probably wont be joining the Ravenspire for this build as my Deathwatch needs to get built. 

Where....what? I don't see any threads about a new ETL?

Here you go ...ETL  its just a teaser but enough for us to come out of the wood work for. .......Ninja'd by grotsmasha again

Wow thanks for the preview of possibilities. 5 units? Okay so that means making sure I have the Interceptors and Hellblasters prepped and ready. Need something special for the 5the unit. Hmmmm toughie for a guy who likes barebones infantry. Time to go check the Master of the Armory and see if the Chapter Masters is going to approve adding a Flyer :)

Edit: Is there a limit to how many of each unit that can be entered? I’m not into spamming but it makes the difference between entering a unit as unit of 5 or 10

I wasn't around last year... is this essentially a huge forum wide painting competition?

Some issues came up so b&c did not do it but yeah it’s to build and paint armies

Edit: Is there a limit to how many of each unit that can be entered? I’m not into spamming but it makes the difference between entering a unit as unit of 5 or 10

That I'm not sure of

I wasn't around last year... is this essentially a huge forum wide painting competition?

Huge is a bit of an understatement, 2016 saw the Forum paint 393 K points of models...

That I'm not sure of

No Rules against unit spam, I have painted 30 Terminators for one vow :thumbsup:

But you could you have painted five units of six for 5 vows?

Up to you. You could vow 1 unit per vow (like an Independent Character, or a squad of Terminators), or as many units per vow up to vow point limit (3,000pts per vow last time, 15,000pts MAX per Frater).

Depending on your motivation/available time/hobbying work rate, the vows are really scaleable. There are people like me who managed a single Land Speeder Storm, whilst others will produce an eye watering amount of painted miniatures. It’s all valid, but the more points you paint, the better for your chosen faction in the grand competition.

As far as I remember, you can only make vows within one faction. Soup is off the menu.

The key is to keep your vows manageable to you. You don’t want to fail your last vow and see all the preceding ones invalidated, and have to wear an Oathbreaker badge in your signature for a year!

I'm quite excited to give this a go. Accountability to others is very motivating to me, and the painting I've done so far hasn't been as arduous as I thought it might be. I'm hoping to get the tactical squad that I'm working on done within a week or so, and even if I carry on painting what I've got built I'll still have 20 Reivers and a box of Aggressors unbuilt.

All this ETL stuff just as I wrap up putting the final touches on my Deredeo Dreadnought  :-(

And here I am glad that I'm psyched about painting up some new units :-)

It's just that my natural cycle of painting time seems to be all out of whack with these events.

When Blood and Zeal was announced, I had just finished assembling several squads of dudes which i'm holding off painting until that painting vow goes live.  For this, I've been working furiously the last few months on various other projects which would have been great to pledge to Corax ETL.

My hope was to finish off BA's and RG's so I could start a new army (Tau or Drukhari).   Now it seems I have to paint more...for the Emperah!

Up to you. You could vow 1 unit per vow (like an Independent Character, or a squad of Terminators), or as many units per vow up to vow point limit (3,000pts per vow last time, 15,000pts MAX per Frater).

*Gulp* I don’t think I ever want to see a 3,000 point unit ... no, just no. ;)

Okay I get that big squad equals good for Faction, check. So start with my 10 Hellblasters and 5 Plas-ceptors. I couldnt seem to get PayPal to work when I tried ordering a Xiphon Interceptor but now might be a good time to try again. Maybe two?

Yeah this could get expensive ... but fun.

PS: I assume tournament 3 color standard would be minimum as far as the low bar of work quality. Easy to knock out the basic levels then go back to dry brush and highlight.

Well now, it looks like me waiting to build my Centurions will pay off: small model count + big points = quick vow completion :tu:.  Sure, I may never use them (sadly) but that's not the point in the ETL :lol:

Almost all my tanks are done so I kinda hurt myself in that department, which means I have A LOT of infantry to work on.  Better build up my immunity to the narcotic smell of glue again.

Now then, I gotta move on getting a Xiphon because ... I don't have one ...

Just one Xiphon......you need to up the game Race....Minimum 4 Fire Raptors for your ETL VOw 

Just one Xiphon......you need to up the game Race....Minimum 4 Fire Raptors for your ETL VOw

You buy and build? Great thx man :tu:

It's on like Donkey Kong now ^_^

*Gulp* I don’t think I ever want to see a 3,000 point unit ... no, just no. :wink:

Okay I get that big squad equals good for Faction, check. So start with my 10 Hellblasters and 5 Plas-ceptors. I couldnt seem to get PayPal to work when I tried ordering a Xiphon Interceptor but now might be a good time to try again. Maybe two?

Yeah this could get expensive ... but fun.

PS: I assume tournament 3 color standard would be minimum as far as the low bar of work quality. Easy to knock out the basic levels then go back to dry brush and highlight.

There is no "minimum" standard, it's more of an honesty system. You're expected to paint them to the standard that you would normally call "finished" outside of the ETL. Once you call them finished, they're finished :tu:

Archived