ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

I didn’t suck after the first twelve years, but a year long bout with chemo and 8 yrs away from the game gonna make for an interesting learning curve. ETL couldn’t have come at a better time for me as a motivator. :D

ETL is coming in about a month. A firm date will be announced soon.

Thought I’d post that for anyone not haunting other parts of the forum :smile.:

Doh. I need to be finished for Mayhem before then. :(

This time, I'm out. Currently finishing up my remaining Raptors, then I'll need a break from olive green and casted bitz.  Instead, I'm getting my 7th edition AdMech back up and running. Quite literally, because knights just keep randomly popping up on my Tower of Shame.

My buddy has a small AdMech force and Forgebane that he's probably going to sell since he can turn it for a profit. I floated the idea that he just give all of it to me since I'm assembling ALL of the Kingdom Death kickstarter for him... he balked initially but I think after a day or two of that bouncing around in his head he might oblige me. Then I'll have my end game Raven Guard, Ad Mech, Knight armies that I want because it fits their lore perfectly.

That being said I plan on participating but on a very small scale since I am unable to turn out high numbers of painted units due to family/work/hobby balance requirements.

Great to see the sons of Corax mobilise! And thank you to all veterans for trying to enlighten the new blood! :D

Let me just make a brief recap on the subject of vows:

• Participants are allowed up to 5 vows in total.
  • Each vow may contain as many 40k-legal units as the participant wants
  • Each vow is capped to 3,000pts i.e. the combined value of all the units cannot be more than 3,000pts. If it is, only 3,000pts will count.
  • All vows are sequential, i.e. you may never have two vows outstanding. You must finish the first before moving on to the second

Of course the full rules will become available soon - these are just some highlights. :)

I should wait for the rules but iirc, fail to finish a vow by the end of the event and all vows don't count. If true, then you have to be strategic with this event.

• All vows are sequential, i.e. you may never have two vows outstanding. You must finish the first before moving on to the second

Based on this last bullet point it sounds like I can vow-as-I-go, is that correct?

So if I happen to finish a vow sooner than expected and can squeeze in another one that is allowed?

Yes.  Vow-as-you-finish more like it.  So, it's a game between the quantity within the vow against the time to finish. 

This is also a photo thing; it's not enough to just say you have this done - the proof is in the photo ;)

Yes.  Vow-as-you-finish more like it.  So, it's a game between the quantity within the vow against the time to finish. 

This is also a photo thing; it's not enough to just say you have this done - the proof is in the photo :wink:

Oh yes, I believe pics would be a required part of this. It makes me feel better about not having to commit to everything up front. Some weeks I have more time than others. I am hoping to get a coupe units done for this. I won't smash any records but it will add too my army and help it look that much better on the table!

So... are points calculated as base unit cost or points as equipped?

If it'll be like ETL5, then 1 month to officially vow (with pics), then 2 months of work.

RG and successors will be for the C:SM faction, so the more points we can vow and get completed, then better for the faction. The number of vows is a personal status thing, while also being a control.

Race Bannon, also known as Race the Wise! :)

There is no time commitment for each vow. You make your first vow and you have three months to finish it. If you finish earlier you can vow again and you have all the remaining time of the event to finish it and so on until you complete a maximum of 5 vows. Of course you may finish your first vow in a week and call it there. That’s fine too. Or you may finish your first vow and make the second one after a month (if the event is still on of course). You just may never have two vows overlapping. You must complete your vow before making another one...

Archived