ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

3 months, that's something I can work with. Work-related travels will take quite some time, painting won't be quick at that time.

oof, didn't even think about that. Depending on when it starts I have some upcoming travel that might limit my time. Oh well, such is life.

If I may Semper :P

Knights were acceptable for any faction back in ETL5, but things have changed for them (i.e. new edition) since then, so the rules will tell more.

For example, Deathwatch were considered part of the Forces of the Imperium faction, but Grey Knights (due to their own Codex) were considered a separate faction.  NOW, the Deathwatch have their own Codex.  It would be my bet that the DW are their own faction, which leads me to speculate that Knights would be their own as well.

Again, The Man will reveal all.

I’m a noob to the painting culture, but I’m guessing it’s complicated because the Captain, with all the changes since the 5th ETL, is attempting to create as fair and balanced set of “Factions” as possible so as to promote a fun and healthy competition as possible?

With all the buzz though I suspect everyone will be excited just to be able to participate in the painting shenanigans :) Speaking of ... I think I might send a few Shadow Walkers into the other Factions (Astartes and otherwise ;)) to see if they are mobilizing themselves

Ok Shadow Captains, I'm making a list and checking it twice.  Time to start prepping some models.  With about 5 hours paint time per week, I won't be able to bust out the bazillion points I did in '16.  BUT, I'll expand my army with units I have been putting off until ... now?

Not really.  Unsure if the ETL would return, the Raven Guard painting challenges have helped organize my junk stuff toys models.  This event though is another level.  I'll be bringing my "a" game this round.

:tu:

Wanna share vow ideas or keep 'em all secret secrety ... as Raven Guard does :ph34r.:

I have lots to paint but like Claws and Effect I will probably lend my brush to the Deathwatch to deal with the Xenos threat plaguing my group

I am prepping for a Mordheim campaign but I'm hoping to have my warband done before this kicks off. I'll probably only be able to add ~500 pts in vows. I couple units of infantry and that'll most likely be what I'm able to do. IF my airbrush comes in and IF I get a compressor and IF I take to it like a fish to water I may give my Land Raider and/or Contemptor a shot for this but I'm not planning on that. The big thing that hurts me in these comps is my bases take a long time to do. It's not a simple 'glue some gravel, wash, dry brush' process.

Yeah, bought a 3d printer and have been printing terrain for it like crazy. We're going to hopefully get our campaign kicked off in the summer. By then I should be able to cover a board and slowly paint over time. I have some great looking 40kish files that I will print as well for those games.

Setting realistic goals given I’ve just been shifted to overnight management ... but let’s check the armory ...

Potential Vows

Xiphon Interceptor: ordered from Forge World. Likely would be the last Vow.

Raven Guard Contemptor (Morris Lascannons): ordered from Forge World. Second to last. (magnets?)

5 Plasma-ceptors: need mold lines removed and partial built (6th is for Kestrel <Shrike> conversion).

10 Hellblaster Squad: need partial built

Likely to go with 10 Intercessors for the first Vow. They are partial built and ready to base coat using a color primer. Just wish they were worth more points but they will be first thing I’ve painted in 7/8 years and hope to use them to build momentum. The Vows should get easier after that. Kind of wish I had ordered a second Xiphon but I’m an Infantry whore at heart, and the RG Contemptor (yeah, sue me, I count Dreadnoughts as Infantry - lol) He just looked way sweet :D

Pretty sure there is no question when it comes to magnets, you just do it :) (I have a problem)

I'm leaning towards making my force infantry heavy/only as well. Everything gets the CT including dreads at that point, and I love my contemptor.

Can we have stuff primed or does it have to get vowed pre-prime?

Pretty sure there is no question when it comes to magnets, you just do it :smile.: (I have a problem)

I'm leaning towards making my force infantry heavy/only as well. Everything gets the CT including dreads at that point, and I love my contemptor.

Can we have stuff primed or does it have to get vowed pre-prime?

Up to one colour base colour is as far as you can go :tu:

Just seen this come up, and I think it might be a good way of getting my butt into gear and getting some painting done. I'll have to keep an eye out for when this starts.

At least I'll save up some big stuff, that I don't need to play my current armies. The next sets of armigers, a porphyrion, another cerastus...time-consuming to build, but quick to paint. I can finish one armiger per evening with the blending technique.

Depending on the armiger points in the next codex, but somewhere between 1,5k and 2k. Armigers are currently at 240p, but might go down a notch, as all Forgebane points are pre-ChapterApproved. Cerastus around 500p, porphyrion 850p.

So ... I was just out shadow walking the other Astartes forums ETL threads and I believe I might need to step up my prep work on my days off (4 on / 3 off third shift ugh) I'm getting much done during days "on". I have a query however ... 

It seems a "Vow" can include more than one unit? for instance a Vow could include my Plasma-ceptors and Chapter Master Kestrel <Shrike>? If this is true then I have at least three HQ models I need to be prepping also.

Thanks for any conformation if this has been a thing in the past, it will up my Vow point counts another 400/500ish.

Archived