Start Collecting Nurgle for Death Guard?

Prot

Aside from Khorne , I’ve never been much of a Daemon player. And I definitely prefer Death Guard Marines. That being said my DG collection is nearing an end and I am considering the start collecting box.

However if it’s fairly ineffective I’d rather just start buying a few select Nurgle pieces. What do you guys think?

Pox bringer is a very good HQ, Plague bearer are tough and can dish out damage, nurgling is an ITC format champion and drones.. are very good looking?

The pricing is very good too. 

Definitely a good buy, I got 2 for my daemon support to my Deathguard list. 

I had a lot of fun painting the daemon, going from armor to flesh was definitely refreshing!

I 110% support this... Nurgle Daemons are viable themselves, let alone as an ally to Death Guard. Remember, most of our vehicles (all of the new ones) have the Daemon keyword which means they not only benefit fro Nurgle Daemon (non-Stratagem) effects, but also assist with things like Epidemius' Tally. Plaguebearers have the potential to be a powerhouse (when used in conjunction with Psyker powers, HQs and Stratagems), Plague Drones are quite nasty and Nurglings are great for denying Alpha Strike and causing trouble for the enemy Turn One. Daemons in general have lost a bit of their bite with the exclusion of Deep Strike (other than as a Strategy) but otherwise can hold their own and make for a great ally. 

That's good to hear. I of course want the Daemons to support my DG, not the other way around so I hope that works.

Also I'm hoping those drones are a valid unit in game vs my Foetid Bloatdrones (because something will have to be pulled out of my lists!)

Bloat Drones are definitely better, but Plague Drones can hold their own and are quite fast. The best part is you can take them in groups and not just one model.

Daemons do work great as support. I'd say get Epidemius (or a counts-as since his model is ridiculously expensive), a Poxbringer if you have Mortarion (he can heal him and gives him +1 Strength), and a mix of Plaguebearers and Nurglings.

Archived