20 pathfinders

10 small drones

4-6 bigger drones

One huge drone

One pod

One tank

A smaller tank

3 Crisis suits

I have no idea which weapons to add. I’d appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

heya, welcome to the Greater good :happy.: i'm kinda in the same boat,

i'm guessing you have the codex?..:sweat: (you really do need it either way) if so have a read through and see what you/your kids would like to use ...

others will come eventually and offer some more professional insight,just be patient as we are not a high turnover forum :biggrin.:

what i can offer for now(from my small knowledge base) is this -

Warriors -always give your firewarriors rifles...don't use carbines...

Pathfinders- break your 20 into 4 x5 man teams with at least 1 rail rifle in each team and add a drone or two of your choice...

one pod- what the ?...you need to expand on that one :laugh.:   

a smaller tank?- i'm guessing you mean the piranha ? is it a 2 man vehicle with Thrusters on the sides and 2x drones on the front...

Also one of your crisis suits needs to be made as a commander suit...every army must have a commander :cool.:

sorry i couldn't be too much help...more help will be along soon 

cheers, Mithril

also  - 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/13/tau-empire-tactica-part-1gw-homepage-post-4/

For the Start Collecting box, best build the Firewarriors as Strike Team with Pulse Rifles. They are strictly better than Strike Teams with Carbines. Breacher are strong as well but harder to use successfully due their low range and usually require a Devilfish to deliver them.

The Crisis Suits ... well ... magnetize them. If there ever was a unit to be magnetized then it's Crisis. They just have too many loadout options. The one weapon I could recommend as overall the best and most versatile is unfortunately not included in the box (Cyclic Ion Blaster).

Pathfinder. I love my Rail Rifles, especially as Sa'cea, however I have to admit that Ion Rifles are more cost efficient. If you want to go the safe route just give them all their Carbines with Markerlights.

The smaller Drones just build as any combination of Shield and Gun Drones. Can't go wrong with that and you should be able to figure out for yourself what you want more of. ^^

I guess the smaller tank is the Piranha? It's really more of a light skimmer though. Giving it the Burst Cannon is a safe bet, but as Sa'cea the Fusion Blaster is nice as well.

What Mithril is saying is that every army SHOULD have a Commander. It's simply the best HQ choice. With the Crisis box you can make either a XV8 Commander or a XV8 Commander in Iridium suit (recommended). The iridium one is the one with all the extra armor plates.
However turning one of the Crisis into a Commander leaves the problem of only having 2 Crisis left which isn't enough for a min size Crisis Team so I'd recommend against it right now.

EDIT: fixed a LOT of typos. Seeing as I made the post at 6:39am my time I must've still been half asleep. :sweat:

Archived