Darmor's Dark Angels

Darmor

Just wanted to say hello again to everyone on the Rock! I am a long time lurker here on B&C. Played 5th and 6th editions earlier, then came 7th with invisibility and 7th ed DA dex (not a big fan of it, actually, 6th was, IMHO, better). Had a couple of games in 7th, even had some wins, but overall it was kinda dissapointment. At that moment I've already looked at my Dark Angels as a closed project, I had no interest in expanding my army. So they just stayed in the bookcase, some finished, some not. But now came 8th edition and new DA dex and, after reading it, I'm super excited! Already had one game versus CSM, and this game revitalized my interest in the First Legion. So I began to work my way throug unfinished model to make them justice and already field them on the tabletop.
And first comes Sammael on Sableclaw, as it was intended at first, when I got this model as a part of Ravenwing battleforce. Now thought I look at him mostly as a Talonmaster.

IMG 0072

IMG 0071

IMG 0070

IMG 0069

IMG 0068

• 4 weeks later...

He looks good.

Have you made a pledge for the ETL

Thanks.

Now I work mostly on my painting debts so to speak, they were already with the first layer of paint when I noticed the ETL announcement. But I have a pair of units in mind, which I'll gladly get and paint for ETL. Maybe ETL will speed up a bit my usually slow painting.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

A little bit of gaming in this paint blog.
Yesterday tried out our stand and shoot archetype in a 2x2 game. Devs with plasmacannons, Devs with lascannons and 5 Hellblasters in the backfield, accompanied with Company Master, Primaris Lieutenant and Apothecary.
People, how do you play with this stuff?
They were super effective, but God knows how boring. My Chaos ally collected all the enemy firepower into his big bad demons, while Angels obliterated with plasma and lasfire enemy dreads and infantry.
I don't have banner at the moment and my Azrael is in line for assembly, but now I'm seriously considering to postpone them. Even dying with Deathwing Assault Terminators was more fun.
Beta bolters are great though. Really makes the difference against Astra Militarum.
Well, it's time to go back to the painting.

• 1 month later...

This one has a bit of a story behind it. It was a waaay too long project for me. Last December I have found a receipt for this Land Raider, and it was dated 2009 year. For a very long time it stayed half-done in a box, but now I can say that it is finally done. Not to say I am totally pleased with the result, but it'll do for a tabletop quality for me. Now, time to crush some Chaos enemies under its tracks - Cultists and lesser Deamons are really making me mad sometimes.

LRC_right1

LRC_open1

LRC_left1

LRC_general1

LRC_front1

LRC_back

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I really need to get that model. Yours looks good though! :thumbsup:

Picture's a little hard to make out details on though....

When I'll be able to make some better pics, I'll upload them here. I usually make normal photos at my friend's house (he has a good lighting, which I lack here), but now it's not a really good time for visits, even friendly ones:wink: .

Edited by Darmor

I really ike your toned down ravenwing, I always found the bright white feathers (while great looking for detail and contrast etc) not exactly subtle or very raven-like. Unless there's a native species of albino Ravens on Caliban?

I really ike your toned down ravenwing, I always found the bright white feathers (while great looking for detail and contrast etc) not exactly subtle or very raven-like. Unless there's a native species of albino Ravens on Caliban?

After some experiments with feathers I've come to this recipe when I bought some Celestra Grey. It's not as bright as White Scar and makes a really neat effect in my opinion.

• 7 months later...

Nice! I like your leather color. What did you use?

Thanks!

Black undercoat, a layer of Steel Legion Drab, washed with Seraphim Sepia and an edge highlight with Snakebite Leather (old Citadelcolor, not the new Contrast).