It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Alrigth, gonna get the DA upgrade sprue and try out the sword from that, otherwise i have a wide selection of Ravenwing and Deathwing swords to choose from already among my bitz.

Thanks for clarifying, Captain.

So now I have to decide on whether to Vow a pretty safe 875pts of the Daemons I have left to do, with no possibility of a second Vow, or whether to risk a 871pt R&H Brigade, with a slim chance of a second Vow mostly composed of Leman Russ Battle Tanks and Basilisks.

Three miniatures vs. 87 miniatures, only fifteen of which I currently possess.

FWIW, I decided against the flounce, partly because I'm 35 and partly 'cause of the ETL. So I guess thanks.

Come to the Age of Darkness and do both!

I don't really know what this means. 30K?

I can Vow combined Daemons and humans there?

Yep, Age of Darkness is the subforum for 30K.

We're waiting for rules from Captain Semper, but if it's similar to previous ETLs, all armies of the subforum will be considered the same faction, and thus you could pledge both daemons and renegades (the latter as part of the militia army list).

It'll be overwhelmingly Nurgle this time around, especially because I'm taking part. I figure I'll win this single handedly. You're welcome, Chaos.

You hear that, guys? Dusk says he's got this!

I will rest my brushes ^_^

Looking forward to those vows now ;)

Thanks for clarifying, Captain.

So now I have to decide on whether to Vow a pretty safe 875pts of the Daemons I have left to do, with no possibility of a second Vow, or whether to risk a 871pt R&H Brigade, with a slim chance of a second Vow mostly composed of Leman Russ Battle Tanks and Basilisks.

Three miniatures vs. 87 miniatures, only fifteen of which I currently possess.

FWIW, I decided against the flounce, partly because I'm 35 and partly 'cause of the ETL. So I guess thanks.

Come to the Age of Darkness and do both!

Does Zarakynel exist in 30K?

She is, fittingly, 66.6% of the (40K) points value of the units I already possess.

The issue with daemons is that right now, they have to use the old 7th edition daemons codex. Don't know if there is any available unit entry for Zarakynel, but I guess you could "count-as" it as a Keeeper of Secrets.

If you mean from a fluff point of view, unless its origin is linked to a defined event after the 31st millenium, i think it is safe to assume it existed during the Heresy.

Does Zarakynel exist in 30K?

She is, fittingly, 66.6% of the (40K) points value of the units I already possess.

The issue with daemons is that right now, they have to use the old 7th edition daemons codex. Don't know if there is any available unit entry for Zarakynel, but I guess you could "count-as" it as a Keeeper of Secrets.

If you mean from a fluff point of view, unless its origin is linked to a defined event after the 31st millenium, i think it is safe to assume it existed during the Heresy.

In theory Zarakynel could come to the Heresy party, if you can find her 7th edition rules. I thought Daemons were allies-only (which would mean no LoW), but apparently they can be a primary detachment now in AoD, so I guess it would be fine. Unless that was superseded in the latest rulebook?

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Teaser.jpg

MAY 1st - AUGUST 1st

-------------------------------------------------

A few things about the new rules:

1. The point limit per vow is lifted completelty but the total cap on all vows a participant makes is set at 20,000pts. That means that a participant may split those 20,000 pts among his/her 5 vows as he/she sees fit! And before I get the obvious question, yes, you may do a single 20k vow if that’s what you want. In effect you have up to 20,000pts to manage via 5 vows. You can of course do fewer vows or fewer points. You can never exceed though the 5 vow limit or the 20k points limit. You can however reach the limit of 20k pts with less than 5 vows (or you can do 5 vows at less than 20k pts in total).

2. Five Factions:
  • Adeptus Astartes
  • Imperial Forces (IFOR)
  • Realm of Chaos
  • Xenos
  • Age of Darkness (AoD)
3. There are three levels of collective performance:
  • Primus Inter Pares: the Forum with the highest score WITHIN its Faction
  • Dominus Exercitus: the Forum with the highest score AMONG ALL Factions (similar but not 100% like the Primus Inter Pares of old)
  • ETL VI Magister: the Faction with the highest score among all Factions
4. The Astartes Faction will consist of SMs, BAs, DAs and SWs
5. The IFOR Faction will include the GKs and the Deathwatch
6. IFOR Forums will have access (but not unlimited) to units form other IFOR Forums
7. Chaos is three Forums - not interchangeable
8. Aeldari is a single Forum (just to clarify)
9. AoD is split in two teams the Loyalists and the Traitors. Both have access to all HH units except those explicitly labeled "Traitor" for the Loyalists and those labeled "Loyalist" for the Traitors

Remember, these are just some highlights - there is a ton of details still but feel free to ask any questions. :smile.:

Chaos is divided according to their Forums. That means that:

- Chaos Space Marines Forum includes the three Codices: Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard and Thousand Sons;

- Chaos Daemons forum includes the Chaos Daemons Codex

- The Lost and the Damned is based on the Renegades and Heretics list

Obviously all three Forums have access to appropriate FW stuff... 

That's what I figured, thanks for the clarification. I also assume I'm reading it right and you couldn't vow some Chaos Marines and a Renegade Baneblade because they're from two separate Forums?

If yes, what about the Daemon stuff that's in the Death Guard and Thousand Sons codexes? Vowable for the Chaos Marine forum or not?

Dragonlover

P.S - Thanks for taking the time to put this up early, much appreciated!

Yeah, I thought it would be helpful. :happy.:

Whatever is in the Codex is appropriate. Codices are not split internally. So if there are Daemons in the Chaos Space Marines Codex, then those entries are available to those vowing for the Chaos Space Marines forum. 

And yes, a Renegade Baneblade is for the Lost and the Damned. Chaos Space Marines Forum has a lot going for it but it does not get everything! :wink:

That's cool, I just wanna make sure if I'm answering questions I'm getting it right.

Also, for anyone chronologically challenged or unable to access a calendar, May 1st is in a week and two days, so the Chaos victory parade is in about 14 weeks. See you there!

Dragonlover

That's cool, I just wanna make sure if I'm answering questions I'm getting it right.

Also, for anyone chronologically challenged or unable to access a calendar, May 1st is in a week and two days, so the Chaos victory parade is in about 14 weeks. See you there!

Dragonlover

Primes Flamer. Ill be sure to toast your victory, if you do win ;)

Yeah, I thought it would be helpful. :happy.:

Whatever is in the Codex is appropriate. Codices are not split internally. So if there are Daemons in the Chaos Space Marines Codex, then those entries are available to those vowing for the Chaos Space Marines forum. 

And yes, a Renegade Baneblade is for the Lost and the Damned. Chaos Space Marines Forum has a lot going for it but it does not get everything! :wink:

Well the Daemons in the CSM Codex are only in there for reference since they don't share any faction keyword with the rest of the Codex apart from the god specific one and chaos but I won't complain. :D

Dragonlover

Can't believe you've already booked the open-topped bus tour of the internet :facepalm:

So now you ally with the rest of the Forums in your Faction in order for your Faction to come on top, but, at the same time, you also play against the Forums of your Faction in order for your Forum to become the best one within your Faction. And of course you play against all the other Forums in order to be the strongest individual Forum in the ETL! :woot:

Is the percent complete rule still in effect? Has anything about it changed?

Also, Dragonlover, I feel like you’re being overconfident. After all, xenos haven’t been around for ETL before. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

Also, Dragonlover, I feel like you’re being overconfident. After all, xenos haven’t been around for ETL before. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

The advantage of living in the Warp is that all the eggs hatch three chickens!

Dragonlover

Archived