It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Earlier in the week I went and had a look at my previous ETL completions and found the kids had been playing with my wolves. Struggling to find many models that are not scratched nevermind the odd breakage. :(

I'd have to paint like a speed daemon just to get the stuff I'd already painted back to a sort of ok level. Think it'll be quicker to spray them and start from scratch than try and patch them up.

Edit: Also why do backpacks disappear. They're glued on just as well as any other part. Arms broken off I understand as they stick out. But I found almost all the arms that had popped off.

Looks like I'll need to hit up the bits stores for a load of them.

Hey Captain,

When you announce the start date are you gonna give us a taster of the new rules? There's a fair amount of speculation about what the exact splits in factions are gonna be, and it kinda stuffs some folks planning.

Dragonlover

Let's get this party started, I have a pile of assembled Nurgle Daemons and I'm holding off on them for this.

Has said pile been glued together and had it's mold lines removed? :whistling:

Give me three weeks ... my FW stuff should be here in two and I need at least week to prep them :)

Yessir... has been for like a month now. Two Start Collecting boxes worth of Nurgle nastiness!

Sisters of Silence can also be done for 40k as can some tanks and Dreads via experimental (but ETL acceptable) rules. Plus, plastic bikes? Just saying...

Seems like the only thing I can't do at all is the Flier if I go 40k... Plastic Jetbikes seal it I think!

With the new FAQ, how are null-maidens handled with ETL? Technically they are part of any Imperium force. So are null-maidens up for grabs by any Imperium force? Would love some null-maidens for my wolves, maybe have a party on that new planet near prospero...

Index: Imperium 2 Pages 110 and 111 – Prosecutors, Vigilators, Witchseekers and Null-Maiden Rhino, Abilities Add the following ability: ‘Null Maidens: So long as your Warlord is from the Imperium, you can include this unit in a Vanguard Detachment even if that Detachment contains no HQ units. However, if you do so, that Detachment’s Command Benefits are changed to ‘None’.’

ohhhhh.....almost finished with my heresy fists... getting excited (and remembering frustrations from previous events with getting images to load.)

I need a recommendation for an image uploader that can take images off my phone and cut down on the number of steps involved in getting pics on the BnC. 

Also, Ive had a heck of a time in the past getting pics to be 'small' enough to load.

Anyways, Im looking at the nib FW and the stuff that needs a repaint and excited about getting it done

I have that issue. I have to load them on my laptop shrink them a bit then upload them onto the forum galley.

Looking forward to my days off this week. Will finish prepping last of the Hellblasters and start the Interceptors ... hopefully before the Xiphon and Mortis Contemptor arrive :D

I tend to send them as a FB message then download them to my phone from there, does the trick in 99.9% of cases. Every now and then I have to crop one down a bit.

Not usually a hardship as I'll be taking the pics to show my mates anyway.

Dragonlover

FWIW, I'd really, really, really like to go spend the wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm going to need you to go ahead and tell me whether I should be spending it on Renegades, Heretics, Daemons or a mix of all three. So if you could go ahead and tell me whether I should be spending it on Renegades, Heretics, Daemons or a mix of all three, that'd be great.

Otherwise I might waste it on something silly.

If you want to do the purchases in relation to the ETL, I’d say wait for the rules to come out - then decide. There will be some changes vs. ETL V... If you want to buy stuff based on tabletop efficiency, there are others, way more capable than me, to answer - probably in another thread...

If you have specific questions I might be able to give you answers provided I will not be revealing too much. ;)

I get that you want to do a big reveal, but my point is (and was) that the not knowing is a real impediment to real-life preparations and planning. 

It's great if you're one of the lucky ones who plays a mono-Faction army, or who already knows that no changes are forthcoming, for the rest of us we'll be at a significant disadvantage if we don't even know what we can Vow until Day One.

That said, I'm kind of on the verge of a major flounce, so you might want to ignore me. All the rest of the staff do.

Flounce... had to google that! :D

But you have a point. I will try to get some info out on Sunday. But generally think that the Forum defines the units that can be vowed. You must pick a forum and then see what units are available to you.

Archived