It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Knights I'm guessing are just for any Imperial or Chaos faction?

Probably not Astartes :( which is how you can tell Chaos and the Xenos cheat (Laigh son, it’s called a joke :D)

Yes that’s the green color of envy on my Power Armor ... Envy not decay lunker ;)

The gauntlet has been thrown. Time to mount up Marines and ride to battle (painting stations) for the Emperor!!!

Can you do different vows for sub-Factions within a main? For example: I’m working on a T’au, so vow stuff for it. Once I complete all that, can I then do a vow for Necrons? Ones each counts for its own forum internally, but collectively for Xenos?

I assume that if I vow my backlog of Black Templars for Adeptus Astartes faction (BT subforum), subsequent vows of, say my Blood Angels backlog, will count for AA faction but will get included as BT subforum instead of BA?

Warlord Titans are currently 6,000 points.

Totally missed that... :censored: I need to rethink that one... 

Thanks for pointing it out man.  

I assume that if I vow my backlog of Black Templars for Adeptus Astartes faction (BT subforum), subsequent vows of, say my Blood Angels backlog, will count for AA faction but will get included as BT subforum instead of BA?

You may only vow for one Forum. You have to choose if it's going to be Space Marines or Blood Angels. Whatever you choose, you may do them as you like cosmetically BUT the load-out and equipment must be according to that Codex. Also please avoid abusing the "count-as" rule. 

Warlord Titans are currently 6,000 points.

Totally missed that... :censored: I need to rethink that one... 

Thanks for pointing it out man.

Why not just have a Titan like that count as two vows, or be allowed to be split over two vows. Say one vow for the body and one for the weapons.

While it would eat into the allowable vows for that Frater completing a Titan like that is a huge achievement by itself.

Edit: Spelling and auto-correct. *sigh*

Hey Cap'n, I noticed there was nothing about this rules preview in the news/rumors/announcements forum. I suspect that those who haven't been following this thread won't randomly stumble on this info, given the thread title.

What are the chances that you could post a link pointing to the page (15?) where you give the preview of the rules. It might give more folks a heads up and increase ETL participation. And you could lock the thread and have them reply here to prevent duplicate questions. Just a thought.

Even though I have plenty of unpainted marine units, seeing as they're split between chapters and my other Imperial armies are kinda small in model numbers for ETL purposes... I guess I'll just do the Orks for this one, as heretical as that may be. I really want my orks into a playable painted state, after more than 5,5 years it's damn well time and naturally no orks will be getting done if I'm vowing for a different army! Already doing some orks right now, but have a lot more to vow. I guess my unofficial goal could be to paint all the orks - that's well over 100 models - before the end of the ETL. Unless my back surgery foils that, given I don't know the exact date for that yet, just that it's supposed to be in the summer.

Hey Cap'n, I noticed there was nothing about this rules preview in the news/rumors/announcements forum. I suspect that those who haven't been following this thread won't randomly stumble on this info, given the thread title.

What are the chances that you could post a link pointing to the page (15?) where you give the preview of the rules. It might give more folks a heads up and increase ETL participation. And you could lock the thread and have them reply here to prevent duplicate questions. Just a thought.

I will add the link in the fist page of this thread for quick reference. Moving it to the news after it's been in Amicus for so long won't fly. Last thing i want is to spam the forums with ETL threads. Don't forget when the ETL arrives there will be 20+ ETL threads running. :)

What about a sticky, locked thread with the rules preview in the news&announcements?

It could be updated with the full rules once the ETL starts, and have links to all ETL threads from the different forums as a reference. Just an idea, Cap'n.

I noticed you mentioned that  "IFOR Forums will have access (but not unlimited) to units form other IFOR Forums"

Does this mean I'll be able to continue to paint my sisters, but dabble into an Inquisitor or two and some acolytes and a tech priest?
Will it be a limit per vow? Or a limit overall? Or a fraction of points must be spent on base forum faction?

I had an idea for ETL that I don't think we have ever done before.  Let me know what y'all think!

So, ETL is all about bragging rights.  Nothing better than knowing you put the rest of the forums to shame by completing your vows.  But, after ETL is over, it seems like within the week all the buzz and hubbub pretty much dies down.  Nobody says three months later, "yeah, well we won ETL... so nya nya :P " 

BUT, what if there were a way to remind all those filthy loyalists... *ahem* I mean frater that your faction won all year beyond a signature banner that everyone can scroll past, or just choose not to view through their user settings?  I feel like we should be saying nya nya until the next one rolls around!

I propose that the winners of each category have a small icon put up in the board header.  Just a little box with an Ork skull, the Mark of the Pantheon, the Aquila, Ultramarines chapter emblem, Inquisitorial mark, etc.  Or somewhere else where users will see it until the next ETL rolls around.  Its a way to solidify that faction's honor and prowess until the next ETL and make sure nobody forgets the achievement :biggrin.:  After all, shouldn't an achievement like winning ETL be burned into everyone's retinas until the next one comes around? :tongue.:  Lets take bragging rights to the next level! :biggrin.:

Just a thought :happy.:

Cheers,

-Kal

Or having painted a large amount of models is bragging rights enough? I'll be honest, I don't care about factions. I just like the motivation events like this give me to get large amounts of my armies finished.

I think quite a few members have lost sight of what ETL is for. Motivation, the chance to push yourself to paint better, to share ideas and, to have fun. How members achieve the last part varies naturally, but if it involves rubbing it in the noses of others who "didn't win", then I'm afraid those members have misunderstood the objective ETL entirely.

I noticed you mentioned that  "IFOR Forums will have access (but not unlimited) to units form other IFOR Forums"

Does this mean I'll be able to continue to paint my sisters, but dabble into an Inquisitor or two and some acolytes and a tech priest?

Will it be a limit per vow? Or a limit overall? Or a fraction of points must be spent on base forum faction?

Well, that’s how it’ll work: you must choose an IFOR forum to be your forum of preference - say it’s Sisters. In that case you may not vow more other IFOR units than you do units from your forum of preference. So in the example above, for every Sisters units you vow you’re allowed one unit from other IFOR forums. That way your vows will be skewed towards your forum of preference but you can also enjoy painting other Imperial units in no small quantities... :)

Archived