Spawning Tervigon and Camouflaged Lictor Conversions

Pandoras Bitz Box

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this whole throwing myself out there to be taken apart by the general public but I guess the only way I get better is if I get some honest opinion right?  I write on a blog that is still very much in its infancy but still has a decent amount of content and is still expanding.

www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com

I'd really appreciate it if some fellow Tyranid players could check it out and give me some honest feedback on my work, what i did wrong, what I did right... have you done something similar, how did you do it? Or even if seeing my work inspires you to do something similar? (which would be super awesome)

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you all soon.

Ha ha ha, yeah... back when I painted my first models in a starter kit that was... Battle for Macragge (plus a carnifex) I went a bit wild on the carnifex not really knowing what I wanted, slowly the more I painted, colours found their little areas and tidied up a bit. If you think this is intense you should have seen that first carnifex, I also put like every optional extra on him, that was 5th ed I think? when the bio morphs improved stats I think. It was like if all the gadgets in james bond's car suddenly went off at once... and it was a 80's, neon, destruction insect the size of a house... ok, so not like james bonds car, but I stand by my analogy!

I like to think of the colour scheme like those really poisonous things like tree frogs or some like... birds of paradise? Tyranids don't need to hide, so their colour isn't relevant to function... apart from from the lictor, who can just change colour! I really like them even if I did have doubts.  I have had a couple of comments at warhammer world from strangers.  One guy examine all my models carefully for a couple of minutes and just said... "interesting".  I was a amused by it and I love interesting stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you want to hear people saying! My favourite was when this couple walked past and the girl started having a fit, pointing at my models and shouting at her boyfriend "Why don't MINE look like that!". That was cool :biggrin.:

I think your the first person in forum to say you like the colours so thanks Redtoof

Heyyy, yeah! I love them. We must have be from the same tendril. Got a name for yuour hive fleet? I havent painted up my cult stuff yet but ill organise a pic of my army too if you want to see. I hope you keep an eye out on the blog, i do have some more Tyranids to go up. We are also on Twitter now too. So we can be found at...

Www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com

Or

@krakendoomcool

On Twitter.

Wicked army man, i feel inspired! (And glad that at least one other person doesnt find my army colour scheme insane)

My tendril is known as Hive Fleet Goliath. They pop up all over the place, rapidly evolving and their tactics to confound the defences of the prey races. (I.E. no set adaptation.)

I'd love an army pic, will have to keep an eye on that blog.

Cheers Xenith, yeah we were discussing that today actually! even though we feel like its doing quite well and people are interested its all really new to us so we dont really know what we are doing in terms of "how to blog", although we are getting some advice off some really great veterans like Facing the grey tide (http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.co.uk/) and Eternal Hunt (https://eternalhunt.wordpress.com/).  One of the guys was talking about Templates? which i guess are standard layouts for a blog.  We are categorising and tagging all of our posts so that when we do organise it, it will work.  Thanks for showing an interest, its super cool.  Really motivating us to write more articles about cool stuff (or stuff we think is cool at least).  Do you have a blog? honestly, we really appreciate this constructive criticism and any advice you have to offer is greatly appreciated.

Oh and Redtoof, I think your army is awesome... I will post a photo of my army here if you like? I feel under pressure to provide now! I'll see what I can do.  I call mine Hive Fleet Pandora... because once you find out whats inside, nothing good will happen.  Or that would be true if I was any good at the game!

Archived