The forges of Provectus are rekindled!

The soul of the Machine God surrounds thee.

The power of the Machine God invests thee.

The hate of the Machine God drives thee.

The Machine God endows thee with life.

Live!

Hi Everybody!

So I've been pretty much in a hobby hibernation for a few years. When skitarii first came out, I thought it was enough to bring me back. i picked up some models and put brush to paint, but never got beyond settling on basic colours and ended up falling in to the same old trap.

"I'll wait until i have all the shiny toys to do all the finer painting."

I kept adding to the force when cult mechanicus came out, Adding some kataphrons because i thought they looked bad ass. Ended up playing with the dreaded War Convocation, because it seemed like the only way to be able to beat what i was seeing people play at the time. (superheavies on skyshields :sad.: )

As you all may know, the convocation was fun from a casual perspective, but dreadfully boring to play with. I literally 3 coloured + washed the army for a tournament. got a total of 4 games with it before i got bored. I did however keep the models as deep down, i have always loved the AdMech from the Lore perspective. I like the idea of the schism with the dark mechanicus.

This Plog will be following my latest efforts to paint a force up, To be a part of a joint venture with a very good friend, Duke. He has recently decided to add to his impressive Sisters of Battle 3000+ points all metal force with some reinforcements from the Inquistion in the form of a Massive Deathwartch force. After some modelling talk we have decided to play with the idea of a collective force, based in the Ghoul stars region.

Currently I am at the stage where the building for 90% plus of the force and it has come time to make some final decisions around the colour scheme. As the Kastellans are some of the biggest models in the force, i decided to start with one of them. Army will be played using Mars FW Dogma, however I wish to have my own unique "take" on the colours of the force, Keeping Khorne Red as the core colour, Before getting to highlighting the full model, I would like some C&C regarding what to do.

Faceplates I am still unsure of, I have seen some amazing takes on them on this forum and think they will be the last thing i do to give me more time to decide on them, same to a lesser degree for the foot plates.

Test model:

hmVAuDT.jpg

JfiShFM.jpg

This is where I am at the moment, but i would like to know what people prefer colour wise, so i have mocked up two gun arms with the proposed Tie In colour scheme.

GPLA3l3.jpg

The left is just ushabti bone as on the test model, the right is an attempt at urban camo, Ushabti, eshin grey and dawnstone over and over.

The test model would have this applied to the relevant chest plates, knees will stay bone for squad/ maniple markings.

Now once colours are sorted i can move on to the more fun models of the unit:

5jAggly.jpg

**May the Omnissiahs wisdom be with you!**

Well that was rather annoying. The image links worked perfectly when I made the post. But it seems that photobucket have decided to make it look like the service is the same before wanting a good whack of money for something they used to offer for free. I'm sorry to say but the best solution I have is click links now.

Any suggestions for sites that allow 3rd party hosting?

Well that was rather annoying. The image links worked perfectly when I made the post. But it seems that photobucket have decided to make it look like the service is the same before wanting a good whack of money for something they used to offer for free. I'm sorry to say but the best solution I have is click links now.

Any suggestions for sites that allow 3rd party hosting?

Upload to the bolter and chainsword gallery.

You can make your own gallery, and then link to photos in your gallery while writing your post.

Imgur. Best for me always.

I second imgur, less annoying for B&C if you want to share the pictures somewhere else as well. :)

Many thanks to you both! Just shows how long it's been since I put brush to model and wanted to share my progress! Haha.

The B&C gallery does guarantee 100% compatibility with the B&C for all time though ;) Good work on the robot, red and cream are good matches especially when painted nicely like this :tu:

Thank you very much for the compliment! The only issue I had With the B&C option was that the image sizes were too big for the upload :(

Oh, definitely. But imgur saves B&C bandwidth should he choose to post the pictures anywhere else, like on another forum. :)

It does help, I'm just happy they have an app as well. Everything I do is on my mobile so being able to quickly flit between browser for B&C and the app to sort images. Once again thanks for the recommendation! <3

Looks like the cream is a winner so far, which is awesome. However the many, many, many layers is not so awesome haha!

• 1 month later...

Inspired by the return of the ETL, I have decided that it is time to continue with the expansion of the Provectus forge.

For my first Vow i have set the bar high.

Belisaruius cawl 240 points
5 kastellan robots (Dakka mode) 550 points
Neutronager 155 points
10 rangers w/3 TA 145
3 Cybernetica Datasmiths 132 points
3 kataphron destroyers W/plasma/phosphor 189 points

for a total of 1266 points.

As such I shall be making sure to take plenty of WIPs when i make progress, Hopefully you all enjoy the journey. I'll also be posting about the basing and conversions as i progress. :)

Ave Omnissiah fellow purveyors of the noosphere, may you datapackets be pristine.

• 3 weeks later...

So... I heard you like Dakka?

Sorry for the lake of updates. Been modelling sporadically, but I am so close to completion of the unit of kastellans for my pledge. Just some highlights and finishing the bases. (Basing probably this sunday) Have some group shots.

Z5509EA.jpg

c99PKzq.jpg

And a cheeky group shot with the second Maniples Alpha. He was the test model earlier, and as such was not elligable for submission.

HslPqm4.jpg

however once painting side is complete work shall begin on the rest of the newly fired forges latest guns.

Thank you!

The whole army is going to be based in similar fashion, the kastelans are going to be the centre point of the army as the force moves closer to the latest piece of tech to fall prey to the provectus' wry gaze.

Definitely a unique idea for the visors!  Just curious though, where are their backpack weapons?

Thats a little secret, they have been installed today, Just awaiting some final touches with the assistance of my Imperial Battle Brother Duke. ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/user/78744-duke-danse-macabre/ )

Expect a completed picture and progress on the Vow.

Ave Omnissiah!

• 3 weeks later...

Ave Omnissiah fellow savants!

The Provectus are now in ascendancy! 

After a long stasis, Threat levels have been elevated above acceptable standards. 

++Begin Provectus Contingency++

++Castle protocol enabled++ 

++Standing forces remaining...

1 Ironstrider Ballistarii - Twin Cognis Lascannon, 1 Onager Dunecrawler- Neutron laser - 2 Cognis Heavy Stubbers, 1 Vangaurd Maniple - 10 strong, 3x Plasma Calivers.

++Deemed Inefficient++

++Requesting Reinforcement Authorisation++

++Activating Forges II - XXV++

++Reinforcements Authorised - Authority Sigil - Echo Tango Lemur Sixer [signal Source: Velheim Relay Detected, Logged] - Databanks Access Restored++

++Construct 103-X in progress++

++Templating Complete++

Welcome one and all! Progress has begun and the vow is being chipped away at!

Belisaruius cawl 240 points

Neutronager 155 points

2 Cybernetica Datasmiths 88 points

5 kastellan robots (Dakka mode) 550 points

10 rangers w/3 TA 145

1 Cybernetica Datasmith 44 points

3 kataphron destroyers W/plasma/phosphor 189 points

928/1411

I have just realized my point total is wrong on my vow. Im happy because it is more than i thought but its taken me this long to realise, i feel like an idiot haha!

but please see below some completed pics and "Cawl" Aka 103X as an official WIP!

Rangers - Completed

EzjSWQJ.jpg

OOC Second Maniple Alpha - Completed

j8y1qvt.jpg

Dakka Bots Of Doom! - Completed

FpWPYXa.jpg

Full Family: Including Datasmith and OOC - Completed

Q1Bbo52.jpg

Kataphron Destroyers -  Custom Plasma Culverins - Completed

08YlRke.jpg

Plasma Close up - Completed

bpqc2Hq.jpg

"Cawl" 103-X WIP

1NSnc3g.jpg

KEQBYug.jpg

And a cheeky group shot of the full new wing of the force, will upload pics of the non ETL Painted  

UHKhJUO.jpg

Archived