HH Era Models and 40K DG

Leonite

Salutations fellow plague followers. I come to you as a brother of the Death Guard of days long past... asking for advice so I might better follow the plague god.

I have a force of Death Guard for the Horus Heresy system I've been putting off forever. A couple of painted Apothecaries, a painted Deaathshroud turned Praetor, and some basecoated Deathshroud, an assembled Dreadero, a couple of sizable squads of Legionaire Astartes with Bolters and a Spartan.

My issue is twofold. Firstly, would it be fair to use these models - with a suitably dirty colour scheme of course - as 40K Deathguard? I've used the Praetor once as a Lord of Contagion.

And secondly, slightly related... should I consider abandoning their use in the Heresy, make them more obviously plague ridden and mutated? Possibly even head swap the Praetor for a more... Lord of Contagion style helmet? I have got a few spare Chaos Warrior Heads left...

Pictured Below, the Praetor of Contagion. As a Praetor he's a flexible sort with Power Scythe, Power Fist OR Relic blade and Combi Flamer, but post 30K I just have him focus on the Scythe. Although in theory he could also be a Terminator lord or a Typhus Proxy. Apologies for the quality, zoomed in phone picture.

20180404_135507.jpg

Grubby them up, use them for both systems and for HH, they ar late heresy when Papa nurgle started to get his clutches on them, 

Your Praetor looks pretty good :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t have a problem with either range being subbed into the other system. As long as everyone’s clear on what’s what, then I say go for it.

It’s exactly what I plan to do when I start my Death Guard.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought some Deathshroud and Mortarion back when my group was going to take the Heresy plunge. 8th edition has since killed that idea. I have a plan to make Mortarion into a DP, but am struggling with how to fit the 30K Deathshroud into my 40k army.

I bought some Deathshroud and Mortarion back when my group was going to take the Heresy plunge. 8th edition has since killed that idea. I have a plan to make Mortarion into a DP, but am struggling with how to fit the 30K Deathshroud into my 40k.

There are rules for Deathshroud in 40k though, why not use them for what they are? 

Massive scale difference is off putting to some

That's kind of a 'meh' reason for me. What if you wanted a 40k Death Guard Army that depicted what the legion looked like before the fall, purely as an aesthetic. Nothing says you have to use the current models in order to play by those rules.

• 3 weeks later...
People that would deny playing against a well-made 30k DG army because their silhouettes are smaller aren’t people worth playing against anyway.

Archived