If you could have a hybrid army... what would you make?

Urriak Urruk

I guess that flipping the whole 'kids these days' things is kinda funny, but otherwise the Stormboyz are just another thinly-disguised ripoff of a real-life organisation.

Look at them. They might as well be sporting totenkopf.

EDIT - In fact, one of them is. The Kapitan, no doubt. Sorry, Kaptin.

Pretty much had that thought too, but didn't voice it as I'm not sure about the mods rules on talking about something 40k is often accused of.

I never understood how the SS could walk around thinking they were the good guys when they literally had skulls and crossbones on their hats.

AFAIK, discussing on-topic historical influences on the game is fine.

My Renegades are based heavily and openly on the Kronstadt Rebellion and the Red Army and nobody has said anything, though it's also possible that no-one reads my stuff.

Of course, the Imperial Guard are a ripoff of the Red Army, so we go full circle.

Necrons and Blood Angels, lead by our Spiritual Liege.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see a Tau auxilia army with a significant amount of different races involved. You can justify a lot of stuff. IG, some rogue space marines are quite easy, plus some other alien races to go with the ones currently in the codex. I could even see a very small amount of Eldar potentially joining in... There must be some who at this point might overcome their pride and think that the greater good is a better chance for survival than with the dwindling craftworlds.

I can’t see why they can’t add some additional Faction Keywords that would be mutually exclusive.

I.e IG could have Chaos Space Marines for Traitor Guards, or Genestealer Cult/ Tyranids to represent subjected Planetary Defense just before the Hiz mind Nom nommed them.

Simple leave out Commisars and other units that wouldn’t be turned.

Also why not mix and match CSM and Daemons? The fluffy has them working together side by side.

DM

Also why not mix and match CSM and Daemons? The fluffy has them working together side by side.

DM

Or they can just give CSM back our Daemons and their Emperor doesn't get hurt.

Yep, the 4th Ed generic Daemon units still hurts...

Human mercenaries working for Orks. Mainly because I'm making it anyway.

Do you mean... DIGGANOBZ?

Necrons and Blood Angels, lead by our Spiritual Liege.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see a Tau auxilia army with a significant amount of different races involved. You can justify a lot of stuff. IG, some rogue space marines are quite easy, plus some other alien races to go with the ones currently in the codex. I could even see a very small amount of Eldar potentially joining in... There must be some who at this point might overcome their pride and think that the greater good is a better chance for survival than with the dwindling craftworlds.

For some reason the idea of rogue Space Marines willingly defecting to say Eldar or Tau bothers me more than an Eldar and human copulating. It shouldn't, as I feel like it is something Thousand Sons might do in 30k, but it still does.

Dark mechanicum wwould be awesome. I was sad when I saw they didn't give admech a dark-mechanicum faction. :sad.:

Dark Mechanicum is actually an army I think will eventually get its own codex. It's already starting to become a distinct thing in the Horus Heresy with unique characters, so if they continue down that path I think it's just a matter of time before they explode into 40k too.

Galactic Scum is actually a great idea.

Multi faction Merc army from Lucky Space or something.

The Citadel Journal had a good Pirate themed list back in 2nd ed, was a bit limiting but now we have more races in the game I think a Merc/Pirate force would look pretty cool.

Dark Mechanicum for certain. It's about time they got made playable.

Beyond that, Chaos Orks would be awesome. I can see justifications for all four gods, too.

Khorne: "A big ol' skarry blud-boss wot likez it wen we killz da 'oomans? Sounds gud ta' me!" (See also: Stormboyz as mentioned earlier.)

Nurgle: "Hurr hurr hurr! Lookit da silly humies runnin'! Dey'z skared outta dere tiny brainz! An' I ain't feelin' nuffink from dere puny pea-shootas!"

Slaanesh: "Lookit all dis khrome I'z got on me wagon! An' jus' LOOK at dis weird fing wot appeared in me pantz! Whilez yer at it, would yer care for sum wurrweed?"

Tzeentch: "Wow...I can see everyfink! I just wurked out 'ow ta build da greatest shoota dere ever wuz! I IS A JEENIUS!"

Other things I'd like to see would be a proper Renegade Guard codex, some means of playing Traitor Sororitas, and maybe even Warp-corrupted Tyranids? The idea of a Hive Fleet trying to pass through the Cicatrix Maledictum and making it out the other side, albeit horrendously mutated and twisted, would be awesome IMO.

Dark Mechanicum.

Sorry, typo. I don't actually like the idea of Dark Mechanic. Chaos needs more stuff that isn't "Imperial thing but with more spikes." I meant to say Ork Mechanicum. 

An entire army of Cyborks, led by a Supreme Mek. Crazed robots programmed by by Orks. Mad grot scientists. 

Dark Mechanicum.

Sorry, typo. I don't actually like the idea of Dark Mechanic. Chaos needs more stuff that isn't "Imperial thing but with more spikes." I meant to say Ork Mechanicum. 

An entire army of Cyborks, led by a Supreme Mek. Crazed robots programmed by by Orks. Mad grot scientists. 

Technically we had that in the FW Kastorel-Novem Book with Mek Boss Buzzgob and his theme list, it was really cool. Hopefully they get around to updating it.

Dark Mechanicum.

A proper Dark Mechanicum would be more than just imperials with spikes. Just look at all the Daemon Engines and how they look completely different from the loyalist stuff.

DM

Or they can just give CSM back our Daemons and their Emperor doesn't get hurt.

Yep, the 4th Ed generic Daemon units still hurts...

I still have a load of converted generic daemons at home- they were converted from skeletons with guard bits and painted with an internal glow. Was actually annoying to me when they got rid of generic daemons XD

Archived