Starting a new Khorne Army!

Hello heretics! (JK, you guys are alright)

I am a LONG time Imperium player, but have been feeling the pull to the Warp for quite some time. Last year or so, I saved up enough to buy a Bloodthirster because I really liked the WHTV tutorial on 'How to Paint", and built the Wrath of Khorne BT. I also lightly modified the "Volcanic Bases" tutorial as a way to get a better effect for the base overall. All in all, I was very satisfied with the build.

After a long time of considering, I recently picked up a Start Collecting set of Khorne Daemons and have begun to assemble them as I type. Looking for advice on where to go from here. Any input would be beneficial. I do have the Codex, so I'm on top things there.

Bloodletters! Lots and lots of Bloodletters. Throw them into the Warp and give them a Banner of Blood and Instrument.

3D6+1" charge with a reroll (when near a Khorne Daemon Character) gives you an extremely high chance of a successful charge on the turn they arrive from reserves.

Everything you use outside of that is just gravy.

Yeah, the Start Collecting Khorne Daemons kit is awesome in its value.

I'd say get two of those, get the Finecast Herald and two squads of Bloodletters, and build both Skull Cannons from the Start Collectings, and you've got a decent force right there.

I was considering just that. I'm going to look at the posing when I get around to building the skull cannon to see if it will work as an independent model just as a Herald on foot. I'm in the middle of building the Bloodletters now, and already have the Bloodcrushers assembled. Does the pose work as an individual model without being on the Blood Throne?

I was considering just that. I'm going to look at the posing when I get around to building the skull cannon to see if it will work as an independent model just as a Herald on foot. I'm in the middle of building the Bloodletters now, and already have the Bloodcrushers assembled. Does the pose work as an individual model without being on the Blood Throne?

Yup. It works without being on the Blood Throne, as seen here by Promethean Painting:

26-herald-2.jpg?w=656

You may just need to do some posing on a rock, as its stance is elevated slightly. Nothing too bad or difficult to work with though.

No problem. And there's also the fact that you'd need to swap out something in the left hand (the one that normally holds the chains to attach it to the Blood Throne), but that's also an easy enough thing to convert.

Archived