Kevlarsharks Renegades

Kevlarshark

med_gallery_17264_9987_267407.jpg
++Error++
Stasis interrupt.
Intruders on asteroid surface.
Perimeter of Five Mile Forge breached.
+++

A siren was wailing...For the first time in millennia Magos Caldris Epsilon creaked into motion. Disgusted by the ice and dust that had formed on his prized equipment, despite the protection of the stasis field. He moved his hunched body from the stasis throne to a baroque array of screens and administered the ritual blow that brought them blinking into life.

“Show me the data” A steel tendril snaked from his finger and linked his mind to the cogitator systems of the Five Mile Forge. He shuddered and ticked as the raw code flooded into his cortex. “Overview” The hollow asteroid was hanging in space, forge and clone banks powered down and in run silent mode. He did not recognise any of the star systems on navigation. Errors from damage were reading on nearly every system. “Are we under attack?”

+++
Negative
Landers on surface.
No weapons fire.
+++

“Turn off that damn siren then… and get a servo drone on our visitors, I want to see them”. His steel and brass fingers clicked with irritation as the huge cogitator array whirred.

+++
Drone deployed.
22 seconds to target.
+++

“Ready Battle Servitors and Clone troops to repel”. Best to be cautious, thought Caldris and began the subroutines that would activate his personal weaponry too.

++Error++
Stasis fields have been operating on low power for last 53 years.
All clone resources have aged beyond operational capacity.
Estimate 40 days to complete cloning of new resources.
Servitors are operational at 40% capacity.
+++

How was this possible, something was very wrong “How long have I been in stasis?”

+++
4568 Years and 3 Terran months
+++

A sensation approximating shock radiated through Caldris’ circuit enhanced brain. His red robes shedding ice crystals the Magos turned and began to pace his throne room “Unacceptable, I must gather new genetic resources, my work is too important…I must rebuild!”

A blurt of data interrupted, the servo drone indicated it had the intruders in sight and activated its optics. Magos Caldris Epsilon surveyed the rag-tag humans on the surface of his asteroid. Several bulk haulers and troop transports had gracelessly landed in the vast landing zones. There were signals of many more in orbit. The first were surprised by the full gravity and thin (but breathable) atmosphere. He zoomed the optics in -The variation alone was impressive- ragged renegades bearing the 8 pointed star, rogue PDF soldiers clutching Astra Militarum issue lasguns, battered Leman Russ tanks and hardened enforcers. Hundreds (if not thousands) of resources for his projects. “Perfect, activate any servitors still operational. I think I see a way to restock our reserves”.

Hopefully this will be a WIP thread to keep me motivated to finish my R&H army that has been lurking on my painting tray for years now.

The concept is a rag tag group of troops who have been armed/experimented on by a Dark Mechanicus tech priest so there will be lots of bionics and tanks.

More stuff to follow.

IMG 20180405 161702

++A Covenant was struck.  The Magos offered them supplies, vehicles, equipment and a safe base to operate from.  In return he wanted…bodies, starting with the injured, prisoners and those that can no longer fight++

Kruger blinked in the harsh light, he was restrained on a surgical table. The pain was incredible and Kruger had already screamed until blood had frothed from his tortured throat.

Spider-like with his servo limbs the Magos hovered over him. There was a faint buzz like static before it spoke “Your arm is repaired”.  Kruger sighed with relief…. he remembered the shrapnel that had crippled his right arm almost fondly compared to the horror of having the new bionic implanted. 

The Magos’ eyes whirred as they refocused “Now we just need to modify your brain a bit”.  From somewhere Kruger found the energy to scream again.

​Pic is Kruger following his "surgery".  I am going to use him as a commander or possibly an enforcer ...Paint to follow.

Thanks for all the comments so far. Tallarn Commander-The head is from one of the new Necromunda Goliath.

I knew the necromunda sets would be awesome for R&H! :)

On Surface Landing Pad 06 - Kruger took a breath and wondered again how the Magos kept even the thin atmosphere wrapped around the asteroid. They should all be floating dead and frozen in the void. The pad was a hive of activity, the assault craft were all fuelled up and Kruger surveyed the boarding troops- Counting off the squads with a practised eye.
He spotted the priest Raziel howling his praise to the Gods and reflexively revved the motor in his chain blade. The Priest was insane by any definition of the term, but his presence seemed to make the men fight harder. Kruger tolerated the lunatic- they would need any edge they could get.
Casting his gaze further he made out the outline of the Reaver Severus, surrounded by his terror masked mercenaries. The man was not easy to miss, he was nearly as huge as an Astartes and every inch was bedecked with weapons. His Squads of pirates were almost as dangerous to their allies as the enemy (even if well payed), but their fighting prowess could not be ignored and Kruger was glad to have them.
Severus dragged the Witch Hermes with him- Looks like they found enough of the drug ‘spook’ to wake the psyker out of his catatonia.
The Magos approached him and Kruger was startled again at how silent a thing made entirely of brass and alloy could be. “Why do your men call themselves ‘The Red Debt’?” the creature asked. “A Joke.” Replied Kruger “They view our arrangement as a debt paid in blood”. There was a bust of static from Caldris’s vox grill, “I see very….amusing. Hold to your end of this little excursion, test my devices, bring back the materials and I wont send in the ‘bailiffs’ just yet.” It made the noise again, you might have interpreted the sound as a chuckle if you were feeling chartable. Kruger hadn’t felt less charitable in years.

med_gallery_17264_9987_190293.jpg

​Raziel the Priest

IMG 20180407 140214

The Witch Hermes

IMG 20180407 140042

Severus

Mining base Zeta 48

++Intersect in 30 seconds and counting++

Kruger hurdled the razorwire and ducked as a bolt round took out a nearby post. Not letting up his pace he checked the auspex – Caldris’s prize was within 15 meters. With little warning an Astartes stepped into his path. Kruger skidded to a halt and took in the scale of his new foe – He had known there would be a small force of Marines on this rock, but nothing prepares a mere mortal for actually facing one in combat. It was one of the big ones, a primaris. Nearly 8 feet tall and clad in interlocking plates of blue power armour – The Ultramarines. Kurger was momentarily frozen in horror as the marine mag locked the bolter to its thigh and drew a chainsword.

++Intersect in 20 and counting++

“Damn it hurry up! I don’t have 20 seconds!” Kruger pointed his shotgun, flicked the shot selector to ‘storm’ and emptied the entire 40 round drum magazine into the advancing Ultramarine. There was no way he could miss, but even at point blank a shotgun versus power armour is a poor match; Kruger was lucky to not be shredded by his own ricocheting shot and fragments of power armour. The air was filled with arid smoke and shrapnel.

++15++

Kruger slashed through the cordite smoke and was greeted with a backhand punch that would have decapitated a ‘normal’ man - instead of sprawling him on his back. Kruger rolled gracelessly back to his feet and felt a moment of satisfaction as the Space Marine was forced to wrench off a his own ruined helm. "At least I've done some damage". Blood was flowing freely from a long gash above the Astartes' eye and from the waist up the Marine’s armour looked like the blackened surface of a moon.

++9+++

“Heretic!” roared the Astartes and slashed at Kruger with a combination of blindingly fast attacks. Kruger parried wildly, but the Marine was huge and horrifyingly powerful. An armoured knee crashed through his guard and Kruger was sent sprawling on his back. Desperately Kruger snatched a Krak grenade from his belt and threw it at his foe. The blue armoured giant’s eyes widened in horror and he hunched into a defensive position against the blast. With all the speed he could muster Kruger drove his augmetic blade forward. It bit deep into the giant's armoured side, barely above the waist. No explosion came, “It’s not fused genius! Thought you marines would be smarter than that!”. It wasn’t enough, his blade was wedged in the armour. A giant gauntlet darted out a wrapped around his throat. Kruger felt the crackle of cartilage as his neck started to give way.

+++Intersect imminent+++

The Ultramarine drew Kruger up, lifting him clear of the ground “No more tricks little Heretic? How did you expect to kill me?”. Kruger managed a strained grin “Not… trying…to kill you. Just buying some…time”. He had a brief moment to savour the confusion on the loyalists face. It was interrupted by the whine of servos as a robotic leg crashed down, neatly pinning the Astartes to the floor and casting Kruger prone again. “Intersect achieved Commander” came the tinny voice from the sentinels vox. “Hold him” ordered Kruger as he dragged himself upright.

The Ultramarine was thrashing wildly under the sentinel’s foot, but with the walker’s full weight on him he was going nowhere. Kruger pulled an adamantium tipped syringe from his belt holster. He knelt beside the Astartes and with one overhand thrust drove it into the marines forehead. He depressed the plunger and cast the used syringe aside. “In about 10 seconds that will trigger your sus-an membrane, our ally requires you alive”. The Marine managed to fight the drug for a full 12 seconds before slipping into suspended animation. “Sit on him for another minute and then load him in the cells with the others…and plug-up his wounds, you know how the Magos values his ‘prizes’”. Only then did Kruger allow himself the luxury of actually wondering what the Dark Mechanicus really wanted with live Primaris?

med_gallery_17264_9987_971499.jpg

The Sentinel squad, I use them as scouts mostly and the still bear a lot of their imperial markings (recently captured I guess). I have magnetised the Hunter killer missiles and the main weapons - I will probably swap out the autocannon and lascannon for flamers at some stage.

Kruger was drinking amasec directly from the bottle…It wasn’t doing him any good, whatever Caldris had altered in his brain made it nearly impossible to get drunk. He threw the empty into the air and neatly blasted it with his shotgun as it fell. A tiny spider drone of some kind emerged from a duct and collected the glass… Kruger reached for another bottle from the crate and began to repeat the process.

His eye was drawn across the gargantuan hanger that had become the “Red Debt’s” indoor training yard. He spotted Severus’ mercenaries and took a moment to study them more closely. They were carrying out an unpleasant post battle ritual where they carved intricate shapes into their own flesh with heated blades. They stoically bore the pain and Kruger suppressed a brief shiver. He was again glad they were on his side (providing the pay was good enough).

med_gallery_17264_9987_558546.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_443284.jpg
med_gallery_17264_9987_804075.jpg

I still need to do their bases (and the odd detail), but they are otherwise done.

Cheers Cheex, they are a labour of love. Glad I am inspiring people to return to one of the best 40k armies for conversions. They are lots of fun to paint too. More stuff will be appearing soon, but I seem to be able to build and convert models faster than I can paint.

Thanks Akrim - They are a wide mix of bits.  The heads are from Puppets War.  Torsos are Catachan command squad, Mad Robot minis and Victoria Miniatures.  The Arms are a mix of Catachan command squads and Victoria Miniatures.  Legs are mainly Catachan and Cadian.  There are loads of imperial guard, chaos cultist and forge world renegades bits sprinkled in with a dash of scout bits.

Good stuff, Kevlarshark... I like your ragged red and grey aesthetic. The fluff also gives Kruger and his boys a sense of identity; keep it coming!

• 2 weeks later...

The gigantic elevator hummed as it descended. His only company was a spider servitor, the things set Kruger’s nerves on edge. Kruger flexed the stump of his right arm, no weapons were permitted within the forge and he had to dis-engage the augmetic before entering the conveyer. They had been descending for five minutes already. He had never been this deep into Five Mile Forge before. He had always assumed the name was taken from the size of the asteroid the facility was carved into, but by his best estimate he was now more than twice that far down.
Just before the boredom became crippling the elevator hissed to a halt. The tiny servitor beeped to lead Kruger forward. He picked his way past cables and hissing steam vents eventually emerging into a cavernous chamber.
The lighting was harsh and Kruger blinked as he took in the details. The cavern was lined with gigantic armour-glass tubes stretching back so far it looked like a fractal pattern.
Each tube seemed to contain something gigantic and muscular floating in a greenish-blue liquid.

Magos Caldris Epsilon approached “Ah! Kruger, welcome to the Crucible. I have some Prototypes for you to test for me”.
Kruger stepped as close as he dared to one of the tanks and peered at the thing floating within. It was a hulking hybrid of pulsing flesh and augmetic weapons systems. Kruger found the creature’s face hardest to look at, even in suspended animation its expression was a horrifying blend of anguish and rage. He was about to turn away when he spotted the service stud imbedded in the thing's forehead. Well, that answers the question as to what the Magos was doing with those Astartes.
Finally breaking his stare he turned to face the Magos “Exactly how do you want these tested?”. He was guessing it involved substancial bloodshed and that suited Kruger just fine.

med_gallery_17264_9987_544772.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_990492.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_58179.jpg

Still WIP but, I am planning on using these abominations as either Bullgryn (when using AM) or Berserker Ogryn (with the renegades and heretics list),they might even make decent spawn.

Cheers Akrim, it's interesting how neatly those 2 kits fit together, barely any filling required. I was thinking of using them as spawn too, I like being able to slot them into either role...However, I have another conversion in the planning stages that might work better for Ogryn.

Archived