Kevlarsharks Renegades

Kevlarshark

Cheers Pearson. I have been playing around with a trick Dave Taylor talks about in his blog, mixing florescent paints into normal colours or varnishes to make things pop. It's quite effective if everything else on the model is more muted colour wise. Generally speaking I am quite pleased with how this Army is turning out, I have enough stuff to do a few battle reports soon

• 2 months later...

Kruger didnt like them much...the latest recuits had been liberated from "Inferno" a Penal world... most were skum before they had been locked up without enough food and oxygen. What remained after years or decades in the dark hell of the cell pits was the very worst humanity had to offer. Cannabalism was considered routine. Many of the ex-convicts were so insane that they had to be kept muzzled to prevent them from mauling each other. "If only I could win a war by shanking an Astartes from behind in the dark" mused Kruger.

He was interupted by angry shouts and the sound of blades being drawn nearby. Kruger sighed, cocked his shotgun and (for the third time that day) went to break up a stabbing in progress. "This lot are first off the dropship next time, maybe one or two of them can stop a bolt round and save me the effort!".

-So I finished off my cultists-

med_gallery_17264_9987_958461.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_650558.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_196932.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_63606.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_234812.jpg

med_gallery_17264_9987_233525.jpg

I really don't like painting the Dark Vengeance cultists...they are really difficult to batch paint with little consistency between models (and have lots of tiny eye lenses)...

Nice job, they certainly look like the madmen you describe, with all the masks. The chaos tattoos are well done too.

I agree with the cultists, every time I start painting them, the scheme I choose only works for one or two of the sculpts, but looks terrible on the others. I had considered using more of the FW renegades, as I already had ten that look nice and consistent, but then we all know what happened then...

Slick looking murder-cultists, Kevlarshark!

I had considered using more of the FW renegades, as I already had ten that look nice and consistent, but then we all know what happened then...

FW indirectly outsourced their production to China? :P

Slick looking murder-cultists, Kevlarshark!

I had considered using more of the FW renegades, as I already had ten that look nice and consistent, but then we all know what happened then...

FW indirectly outsourced their production to China? :tongue.:

No comment. :wink:

Can't say that option hasn't ocurred to me...

Archived