Blood and Pus

Wolf Lord Loki

So last week I had a 100 power level battle vs Blood Angels. One of the first game in a league I've just joined. I shall try to write up the games here

From memory sides were

Blood angels:

Mepheston

Lemartes

The Sanginor

A sanginary priest with angel wings (warlord)

Hell blasters 10

Agressors 3

Death company with jump packs 10

Sanginary guard 4

Laviathan dread grav/s torn cannons

Sicarian punisher

Death guard:

Lord of chaos

Necrosis

Fowl blightspawn

Plague marine 7 plasma3

Plague marines 7 blight launchers, flails rhino

Poxwalkers 20

Plague burst crawler

Helbrute scourge/ melta

Helbrute 2fists

Daemon Prince wings, warlord and supporating plate

Bloat drone

Great blight drone

Spawn

I had a battalion and outriders detachment making the magical 7 command points.

Deployment

My battalion deployed with the PBC central and everything else to the right

The outriders and rhino to the left

Mostly the blood angels stayed in reserve. Only drops were the Agressors, the hell blasters (both to my right) and the sicarian punisher and laviathan to the center left with the death company

He went first and I failed to seize the initiative.

Turn one

The death company used a strategems to move twice meaning they were right in my face turn one. Armed entirely with inferno pistols they were close enough to bring the pain to the greater blight drone that promptly blew up killing 2 death company and putting mortal wounds on everyone clustered around it.

Mepheston took flight and boosted over to engage one the Helbrute. The shooty plague marines take a barrage of fire and are all killed.

Mepheston injures the Dread and has a moment of panic as I nearly made the Crazed role which would have meant I beat the snot out of the miserable sod

Burning 2 command points I interrupt the combat to allow my Daemon Prince to go before the death company. They had 2 powerfists and a pair of thunderhammers and I didn't fancy my chances so I butchered as many as I could. It didn't make a difference in the end although there was a lot less marines left once my Daemon Prince fell than my opponent would have liked.

In my turn the close combat plague marines gun down the last of the death company and I put a few hits on the laviathan and the aggressors. The spawn and the bloat drone hose lemartes with filth and he dies

Turn two sees a combat drop by all the remaining blood angels into my deployment zone. The characters surprisingly all fail their charges and are left twiddling their thumbs. The sanginary guard lay into the cc plagues and make a mess

Mepheston dies in combat

My spawn and bloat drone each take a character. The sanginary priest disappears under a fountain of gunge

And possibly most surprisingly the Spawn crushes the Sanginor.

The aggressors gets what's coming to them and I start on the hell blasters. The laviathan finds itself conserved that Poxwalkers might ruin themselves on its paint work.

The rhino sees the danger posed by the sanginary guard and uses itself to shield the plague burst promptly running over one of the blood angels elite

Turn three is decided to be the last turn and so there is some manoeuvring to improve scores. The laviathan backs way from its smelly play mates and holds an objective. The punisher cannon removes the Poxwalkers from the play park. The spawn takes an objective the foul blightspawn fluffs his shot at the laviathan any just sprinkles toilet water at it (it think brother Prot has been hogging all the good sludge) and the rhino runs over another sanginary guard (I cannot contain my joy at this)

Final scores:9 vs 11

2 objectives and slay the warlord each. He also had line breaker and first blood

My second outing with this batch of plague marines. This time I was up against imperial fists. We were at a really awesome shop called Worcester Wargamers which had a massively distracting bits collection and I may have been slightly hungover which explains why I kept forgetting key points (like discustingly resistance...)

So the Panther Ventura (Imperial Fist successors) forces consisted of:

Captain with fist, dorns arrow

Chaplain in term armour

Lieutenant

Tech marine

Apothecary

Tactical terminators with assault cannon

Dreadnought with assault cannon

Tactical squad with multimelta

Tactical squad with rocket

Scouts with snipers

Predator autocannons/laz

Predator autocannons/bolters

Devistators 3rockets, laz

Vindicare assassin

The deployment was 24" apart and lengthways down the table. Mission was 4 objectives placed (2 no man's land and 1 each deployment)

I was underdog and finished set up first. Shooty plague set up in front of the Crawler on the left flank. Lord and blightspawn set up in a building ruin in the middle of the table Poxwalkers to the right of the building, rhino and outriders on the right flank

Left flank has terminators, predator with laz, tech marine, scouts and Vindicare. Right flank was supervised by the Lieutenant and had the tactical squad with rocket (combat squaded) and devistators occupying 3 floors of a ruin. Other predator was behind.

Centre ground had the melta tactical squad, terminators, dreadnought and most of the characters.

Turn one saw me trudge forward with the marines throwing plasma fire at the terminators and them largely laughing it off. The plague crawlers entropy cannons worried them a bit more though with a second one perishing.

The Poxwalkers advanced swiftly covering 8 inches and the outriggers swept forward on their flank dropping some fire on the predator from the greater blight drone (who missed with all but one shot)

The imperial attack was brutal. The shooty plague marines were gunned down by successive volleys of fire and the vindicare demonstrated why he is the Premier sniper by one-shotting the blightspawn

The greater blight drone takes a number of hits dropping it to the next wound characteristics by one wound

Turn two sees a general advance with everything again. The greater blight drone recovers a wound returning to its full profile.

Entropy cannons blast the left flank predator almost to death and I charge the predator on the right flank with the greater blight drone and bloat drone. My foe recalls I did this to him before and regrets having not brought the fly swatter attachment for the main gun!

He retaliates by raining fire on my approaching Helbrutes leaving one nearly dead, fixes a couple of wounds on his predator and takes a few wounds of the Crawler.

Turn three and the final turn as we realise that the shop will be shutting soon.

My drones disengage form the predator and rain fire and pus on the devastors not doing massive amounts of damage (damn their 2+ save). I play The Dead Walk Again and have my pox walkers and Daemon prince charge. The Poxwalkers engage the tactical squad in the centre of the table and and the Daemon Prince ploughs through the building into the tactical combat squad on the other side. The combat squad are added to the pox walkers to make up for losses getting to combat

The surviving Helbrute moves to intercept the terminators but fails its charge

In return the imperial scum kill the second Dread and consolidated toward the central objective. The predator on the right floors it to get to the second central objective (and possibly to avoid the Daemon prince's attention). As it is the last turn all other moving and shooting is focused on what may or may not gain victory points. The Poxwalkers don't do a lot but continue to worry the marine captain engaged in the brawl in the middle of the table.

At the end of turn three I was losing 3 objectives to Nil. Final score 6vp to 1vp

If the game had gone on longer we both agreed that the right flank was about to collapse and that could have swayed the result by turn 5

Archived