Call to all Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes: ETL is Upon Us

Dracos

Reports from the Watch Stations report the enemies of the Imperium are soon to gather their forces in great number. This is a call from the Lords of Terra (manipulated by the Inquisition of course) to all Astartes Chapters.

Have the Techmarines open your armories, and prepare (paint) your forces to stand against the foul Xenos and traitorous Heretics.

Prepare your Vows for ETL :D

Dear Mods; get this pinned!!!

Despite having a massive pool of chapters who can contribute to our effort, last time in the ETL the Codex subforum finished in fourth place behind the Space Wolves, Heresy and Chaos. While this was an improvement on the previous year's 5th place, I know we can do better! 

• Had a Land Speeder sitting unassembled in a box for 7 years? Now is the time to build it, ready for painting in the ETL!
  • About to start painting a squad of Terminators? WAIT! In just a few works your efforts will help carry us to glory!

I'll once again be vowing for the Codex Astartes and have a nice backlog of successor chapters and Primaris units to get cracking with once the curtain raises. My personal aim will be to better my points total from the last edition of the ETL.

So everybody, get building, hold off on the painting for a little longer and get ready to chase down the big guys; Chaos and Heresy!

I just started painting again. Although it is a knight I could practice a bit for the big event. I also prepared a priming station in our basement - good timing!!!

Courage and Honour!

I've just started painting again for the first time since 2005 and I'm quite enjoying it. Accountability is a good motivator for me so I'm hoping that ETL will spur me on.

I need to get priming, and I need to repair the vehicles that have been sitting unloved and uncared for in a box for 15ish years. Then I'll be ready to bring glory to the Ravenspire.

My first ETL. Should I get nervous now or wait for later?

Later :P

Plan now though and be realistic with ability and time. After that, paint for fun to get it done :tu:

So it turns out I'd left my vehicles in their box for a long time for a reason.

I'm missing half a Predator turret, which is annoying.

The landspeeder was only half built, and rebuilding it was not only a colossal ball-ache but also revealed that I'm missing the pilot side cargo hatch cover.

The dreadnought, however, was easily repaired and cleaned up.

All this means I've got at least one vehicle potentially ready for ETL, possibly more if I can source some replacement parts for the other two.

To be clear, anything vowed for Adeptus Astartes counts - regardless of the chapter? 
Theoretically I could build Black Templars, Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands,

Raven Guard, Salamanders, Ultramarines, White Scars, or even DIYs for my vows, right?

Thanks in advance. :wink:

The rule of thumb is, if it’s in the Space Marines Codex, it’s a legitimate entry for the Space Marines Forum.

Thank you, Captain!

sml_gallery_104866_14172_55784.jpg

Not that I've picked a definite chapter yet but I wanted to make sure of my options.

I must get to planning and building now.

Great! Keep in mind that the options for the factions are not limited in the Codices but extend to other official publications... the exact lists will be provided once the rules become available but the idea is that Space Marines will generally have access to everything space mariney.. ;)

Now that Iron Father Ferrum is having a breather and doing his Chaos vow for ETL VI I am thinking of taking Slave to Darkness up and making him get his tattoo.

I'm thinking of doing 15K of Orks:whistling:

Which machine God would that represent? Gork, or Mork?

I've been planning a few more model purchases for the ETL VI and came up with a question.

Say I needed 14 lascannons (1 for each of my six TAC squads & 4 for each of my two DEV squads), 

would it be "ungentlemanly" to vow four DEV squads to cover the 14 lascannons? 

I would be building four squads rather than eight squads in order to get the heavy weapons I need built. 

Well, yes...

You should be vowing the units you actually want to paint. Some optimising is to be expected but the spirit of the game is not to overdo it. I cannot police this per se, if you say you want to paint four DEV squads, I cannot contest that, but you should paint what you really need. And remember, any optimisation will not win the ETL by itself. With the cap on points per vow, the real strength is to have as high participation as possible. To paraphrase W.O. Bentley, there is no replacement for participation. :D

Well, yes...

You should be vowing the units you actually want to paint. Some optimising is to be expected but the spirit of the game is not to overdo it. I cannot police this per se, if you say you want to paint four DEV squads, I cannot contest that, but you should paint what you really need. And remember, any optimisation will not win the ETL by itself. With the cap on points per vow, the real strength is to have as high participation as possible. To paraphrase W.O. Bentley, there is no replacement for participation. :biggrin.:

I understand completely.

Not trying to win this on my own, I was actually thinking of models I want to have for my army. This is my first ETL and while waiting with baited breath for the "official start" post as I read my codex, I can't resist having a few momentary delusions of grandeur. Besides, I don't know how many I could actually complete. 

Hmm, did you know 120 Legion of the Damned space marines equal 3000 points? (JUST KIDDING!!!) :teehee: 

I will be sensible, I promise. 

Archived