Call to all Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes: ETL is Upon Us

Dracos

How you paint your minis is your own decision. What matters to the ETL is which Codex you choose and "price" them from. As long a the Codex is the same, you can paint them all pink with duck-egg-blue elephants on them! :biggrin.:

So just to confirm (sorry!), I am currently planning to work on 5 different "projects" during ETL. These are;

• Exorcists (I'll be using the Black Templars rules to cost and represent them)
  • Argent Praetorians (a Knightly-Order style Imperial Fists successor)
  • Cerulean Vipers (I'm adapting what started life as a small Heresy Alpha Legion force into a 40k Raven Guard successor chapter, with added Reivers)
  • "Victrix Guard" (A Primaris-focused Ultramarine successor to accompany Guilliman into battle, name is a placeholder)
  • House Dawnstar (An Imperial Knight household; only got 2 Armigers for now but would be nice to contribute them if I can)

Am I right in thinking that all of these can be pledged to the Codex forum, given that they will all use the Codex Space Marines rules (or in the case of the Knights, be allowed on any Imperial forum)?

You are correct! Blue elephants are indeed optional. :biggrin.:

(sorry, silly mood)

Now if I could only find Blue Elephant transfers. Found white, black, and red. Might have to either make a custom order or figure out how to print transfers myself. That latter part might be the best idea.

(sorry, silly mood)

Now if I could only find Blue Elephant transfers. Found white, black, and red. Might have to either make a custom order or figure out how to print transfers myself. That latter part might be the best idea.

If you do that, you'll get a special badge! :D

(sorry, silly mood)

If you do that, you'll get a special badge! :biggrin.:

Alright, I got the screenshot. It's saved for all eternity now. :D

(sorry, silly mood)

If you do that, you'll get a special badge! :biggrin.:

Alright, I got the screenshot. It's saved for all eternity now. :biggrin.:

Imma get a special badge! :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Brother Astartes, the ETL is upon us once again. And once again we are united as a codex. Yet now our foes have multiplied ten fold with the inclusion of the foul xenos. But we shall not waver, for there can be no meeting of minds with such beings that exist in the dark places of the galaxy. There is simply a choice, defeat them... or be defeated by them. And defeat them we will. 

FOR ARE WE NOT SPACE MARINES? ARE WE NOT THE CHOSEN OF THE EMPEROR, HIS LOYAL SERVANTS UNTIL DEATH?  

TO THE DARKNESS WE BRING FIRE, TO THE IGNORANT WE BRING FAITH. THE EMPEROR'S WILL IS YOUR TORCH, WITH IT, DESTROY THE SHADOWS!

THE TEMPLARS CALL YOU TO WAR, WILL YOU ANSWER?

I am working on "bigger sizing" my Tactical, Veteran, Centurion, and Vanguard/Sternguard squads. I can't stand how small they look compared to the Primaris Marines. 

I'm looking at vowing elements of the Marine Malevolents' 1st, 3rd, and 4th Companies (plus Primaris squads). Half new plastics and half refurbished Ultramarines. 

Nowhere near Company strength, but it should end up fairly respectable. 

When would be the best time for the initial WiP shot? After the build, before I dissect the old mini, after I primer coat the model for MM paint?

I am working on "bigger sizing" my Tactical, Veteran, Centurion, and Vanguard/Sternguard squads. I can't stand how small they look compared to the Primaris Marines. 

I'm looking at vowing elements of the Marine Malevolents' 1st, 3rd, and 4th Companies (plus Primaris squads). Half new plastics and half refurbished Ultramarines. 

Nowhere near Company strength, but it should end up fairly respectable. 

When would be the best time for the initial WiP shot? After the build, before I dissect the old mini, after I primer coat the model for MM paint?

All the options above are applicable. I guess the best would be once you finish your conversion work and before you start painting. But it's up to you. :)

GW's new sprays are undercoat and basecoat all-in-one, hence the question. In any case, I'll be spraying my models black and applying all subsequent coats with a brush so it should be fine. :tu:

Well, undercoat really. Effectively, if they are one colour all over, they’ll be fine.

I'm using two different colors of primers, one for the body and another on the sprue, but holding off on the sprue because those are easy peasy. I think these colored primers will really help speed up the process I used to use of white primer, base coat, wash, dry brush twice over the wash, hit details, then flock the bases. Combining the the first two and hoping to use a dipping/spin method for the wash to get the grunt work done quickly. Dry brushing and the details are still a chore but one I'm looking forward to.

I've promised myself a Knight Errant as extra incentive if I get through three Vows, first one being the bulk of a 2k Primaris army. No way I'm hitting the huge point numbers some are touting but I can't thank Cap enough for the event as an impetus to get my models painted :thumbsup:

Though one. I think I'd vote for Primaris Celestial Lions.

Two votes Lions ... I was "this close" to doing the Lions myself, because ... lions are cool. Making them Primaris, by rebuilding a Chapter they want dead, would be a really neat thumbing of RG's nose at the Inquisition too ... also a cool thing lol ;)

Lions, definitely Lions. 

Screw the Inquisi . . . 

{{This post has been redacted for heretical statements}}

-

The Inquisition

Archived