chaos daemon side project +NSFW+

I'm more or less restarting my formerly abandoned chaos daemon project. I've always been a bit disappointed with the chaos minis in that they are kind of limited for something that should represent infinite diversity. When chaos attacks an Imperium world, the reaction should be "oh dear God what the eff is that?!", not "chaos attacking sir, we report a bloodthirster, 30 daemonettes, and a pack of blue horrors". Anyway, I don't know that this will pan out into a full army, but for now its mostly Creature Caster models and a few other things.

Lady of Strife wip

lady_of_strife_wip_01_by_kasumidoll-dc1z

Lady of Depravity wip

lady_of_depravity_wip_01_by_kasumidoll-d

Lady of Corruption wip

lady_of_corruption_wip_01_by_kasumidoll-

Ishtar wip

ishtar__wings_of_sorrow_wip_01_by_kasumi

avatar_of_shaah_wip_01_by_kasumidoll-dc8

Edited by Grotsmasha
=] Added NSFW into title [=

Que the jaded Imperial Guardsmen in a firing line calling out different monstrosities charging them. "Blue one with the green sword?" "Pass." "Red one with the bat wings?" "Eh. I'd hit that if she was my size." 

Edited by 40K Destiny

Edit: Just actually read the first post so now I know where the models are from...don`t mind me :wacko.: I`m considering a slaanesh daemon army myself so I`d definitely keep an eye on this project :happy.:

Edited by Soulhunter1995

Oooooh. Those are superb paintjobs on those minis- I personally don't think they fit in too well with 40K models (in terms of sculpting style at least- the actual asethetic choices are extremely fluffy, ESPECIALLY on the Lady of Depravity) but they're undeniably well made models and you did a superb job on them!

Oooooh. Those are superb paintjobs on those minis- I personally don't think they fit in too well with 40K models (in terms of sculpting style at least- the actual asethetic choices are extremely fluffy, ESPECIALLY on the Lady of Depravity) but they're undeniably well made models and you did a superb job on them!

Thanks!

I really quite like the painjobs on these. Any idea of what the Avatar of Shaah will be in terms of colour palette?

I'm thinking it'd look really nice in black chitin/pale grey skin. In my opinion anyway

I really quite like the painjobs on these. Any idea of what the Avatar of Shaah will be in terms of colour palette?

I'm thinking it'd look really nice in black chitin/pale grey skin. In my opinion anyway

Well if I go with the obvious and make her Slaaneshi, my daemonette scheme is pale (almost albino) skin with icy blue carapace bits. I'm not 100% sure her palette yet.

daemonette_02_by_kasumidoll-d5nxjnc.jpg

Or I could paint her like my mandrakes

dark_eldar_mandrakes_01_by_kasumidoll-db

Well if I go with the obvious and make her Slaaneshi, my daemonette scheme is pale (almost albino) skin with icy blue carapace bits. I'm not 100% sure her palette yet.

Oooh, I REALLY like the Daemonette scheme. How'd you do that skin colour?

And the Mandrakes look awesome.

Hmm that is a quandry. The Avatar of Shaah would look good in either of those schemes :lol:

Also, by the way, I checked Raging Heroes, and the Avatar of Shaah is nowhere on their site. Was it a special model you could only get for a short time or something?

Oooh, I REALLY like the Daemonette scheme. How'd you do that skin colour?

And the Mandrakes look awesome.

Hmm that is a quandry. The Avatar of Shaah would look good in either of those schemes :laugh.:

Also, by the way, I checked Raging Heroes, and the Avatar of Shaah is nowhere on their site. Was it a special model you could only get for a short time or something?

I bought pretty much their entire "sisters" and "dark eldar" ranges on kickstarter. Avatar of Shaah will be on their main site eventually.

The pale skin is base of VGC pale flesh, then highlighted with increasing amounts of white added until the final highlight of pure white.

I bought pretty much their entire "sisters" and "dark eldar" ranges on kickstarter. Avatar of Shaah will be on their main site eventually.

The pale skin is base of VGC pale flesh, then highlighted with increasing amounts of white added until the final highlight of pure white.

Ahh, okay. 'cause I saw the Avatar of Shaah and was like "I need this" :lol:

And thank you. No shading at all? Interesting.

What about the Mandrake's skin? It looks fairly similar to the GW method of doing Salamanders skin.

Ahh, okay. 'cause I saw the Avatar of Shaah and was like "I need this" :laugh.:

And thank you. No shading at all? Interesting.

What about the Mandrake's skin? It looks fairly similar to the GW method of doing Salamanders skin.

The mandrakes I used Vallejo model air colors. Basecoat in black, 3:1 black & grey, 2:1 black & grey, 1:1 black & grey, grey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Herald and the Daemonettes look awesome. Very nice :tu:

Great job! Are the Herald and Daemonettes all Games Workshop and Forge World models, or did you use third party manufacturers to give these units the look you wanted?

I think those are the old 1st/2nd Edition metal models.

Herald and the Daemonettes look awesome. Very nice :thumbsup:

Great job! Are the Herald and Daemonettes all Games Workshop and Forge World models, or did you use third party manufacturers to give these units the look you wanted?

I think those are the old 1st/2nd Edition metal models.

Those are the Juan Diaz minis, and they are 100% legitimate.