Mithril's Necrons - Reawakened again for... 2022 !

MithrilForge

Thanks guys for the encouragement :happy.:

it is a pain to paint the Ghosty… from now on i'll paint anything new in a few parts.

I saw the new Overlord from the box (very cool) now I'm in two minds as to whether I paint my current overlord with scythe...or wait for the new guy

(I'm going halves with a mate for the new box... to get the "Necron" half..of course )  

I also have a DDA (in parts :wink: ) ready to undercoat...again do I wait for the uber war of the worlds walkers or paint that up ?!? decisions decisions...:rolleyes:

Really cannot wait for the new scarabs, they look awesome and will be really cool in red and white!

Cheers, mithril

• 1 year later...

WHOOSH!!! ......... That's the sound of me blowing the dust off of this Plog .... (wow nearly two years has passed since my last post, It would seem that my Army really was in Deep Stasis :huh.:).

Now that the  "Royal Awakening" is about to kick off, I decided to get in on the action and paint up some of those "new" Necron Models from the Indomitus Box that i haven't even looked at :sweat:

Will start Building this weekend and prep a vow for the "Royal Awakening"...I don't like our chances though as we are Competing with the Tyranids "Bug's Life" Comp (the fact they have a shiny new Codex AND New Models, we may most likely get swamped by nids...which is kinda appropriate anyway :laugh.:.

Pics of grey things up in a couple days...just in time for the Painting comp... 

Cheers, Mithril  

P.S. So i'll paint them in funky new Bronze/Gold that everyone seems to be jumping on !?...:happy.: but perhaps more gold than Bronze... 

Edited by mithrilforge

I am so hoping more members post their models for Royal Awakening. :thumbsup:

Dunno about your models or colours, but as long as they look they look they belong together more or less, it'll be fine.

Those warriors have a different look already (more "ancient" even if they look nothing like my full metal bodied warriors). 

Is that Photobucketsite still working? :huh.:

• 1 month later...

WiP update, (it's winter here) had a nice weather day so I managed to get most of the plastic undercoated (except for the warriors) so I'm doing some scarabs a murder bucket, plasmacyte and the Royal warden as my test models to get my gold scheme sorted before i go all production line on them this weekend.

it's not showing but the gold is not bad and i'll be happy with it on all my other stuff. still need to do all the black and green and the tesseract glow on orbs etc but the basic gold colour is sorted :thumbsup:, I'm toying with an Electric metallic Blue as a spot colour on all the H.Q. Models ... it's not highlighted yet either.

large.GoldNecronScheme1.jpg.0690c715862c

large.GoldNecronScheme2.jpg.489f8b1e5250

Sorry about the large pics (if anyone can tell me how to make the images Medium sized like we used to do before the update, much appreciated :sweat:)

*musters up my best Mike Myers impression 

I love...gold! :yes: 

I think blue on your HQs will look sharp but I may be biased towards that colour choice.

For what it's worth on mobile I appreciate the big pics, which look totally normal size on my end. If anything I get to see more clearly.

Edited by NTaW

That is a fantasic gold, really good work.

Keeping the "mechanical" bits in the dull rgey metallic really helps add definition to the model, it'd probably look OTT if you'd done those bits in gold too.
That Blue is looking really good as well, maybe some spot highlights in a super-light blue could work well on those?

(Also, the pic sizing looks fine on my end!)

Edited by Anticontrarian

Ok so i chose to do Blue as the energy Glow instead of tesseract glow (gee I change my mind a lot, probably why I never finish armies quickly :blush:)

I do like this look though and it works well with the gold and the other spot colour of Metallic Blue, I'm going to do eyes in red though as I'd like to differentiate between eye lenses and  Gauss/internal machine energy glow... 

the centre scarabs are painted temple guard blue / Baharroth blue then white in a descending surface coverage  , then washed all over with Aethermatic Blue.

the right one was simply Aethermatic blue washed over white... 

I prefer the middle one even though the right one is a little bit faster... 

large.Necron-energyGlow1.jpg.edab90a7808 

Cheers, Mithril

Middle one for sure, but I'll admit to not liking OSL in almost every scenario. 

If you want a liiiiittle bit more zazz to your glow you can always go back with some white dots on the Scarab lenses after the final blue layer, but it's all about how much time you want to sink into it. Looks great as-is.

Also what's this about people "finishing" armies "quickly"? Not sure I quite grasp those word's meaning in this context.