Mithril's Necrons - Reawakened again for... 2022 !

MithrilForge

++EDIT++ Update 20/05/2022

So again, "The Royal Awakening" Painting Comp has surfaced and I have not touched my Crons for 2 years of slumbering.

"Awaken My Metal Automatons of Death and march forth to my paint station once more..." 

Some of the Models from Indomitus box will be painted. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With the new Necron Codex coming in the near future... my first ever army has come out of it's deep slumber ! 

so,new codex...new paint scheme

Enjoy the ride from dusty old models to revamped killing machines :devil:  

++EDIT++ Update as of 28/05/2020

Working on painting up models in new Dynasty... Novokh 

it's a ....New Edition, New Age, New Models...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Every faction sort of suits a lumbering shooty army, sort of because Necrons as a whole are lumbering and shooty. The Codex often emphasises that Necrons fight wars from the triggers of their guns at range through the overwhelming application of superior technology (or some such verbiage), I wouldn't worry too much about Dynastic identities in that regard.

I don’t personally think the Nihilakh dynasty trait suits lumbering if you plan on moving. Their trait is a reroll of ones to hit when shooting if you didn’t move in the proceeding movement phase. As our infantry have a limited 24” range, they’re usually pushing up the board, so you don’t get the bonus. At least that’s how I play them.

Also destroyers already get this bonus, so they’d probably benefit from a different dynasty trait.

O.k. dug out the army,had to fight off some real tomb spiders that were in the Battle Foam :ermm: Egad's!

anyways i like everyone else at the time when necrons first hit the scene went and got multiple colours of plastruct rod to have a "unique" necron army...I'm a bit over all that now :happy.:

i wanted to revamp my army with a little bit of paint and a slight change... here is WiP showing before and after -

med_gallery_9146_583_732617.jpg

i still need to do some small highlights and washes on him but that's the basic idea, now from what i can see in my Battlefoam Army Bag i have another 44 to change :sweat:

Cheers, Mithril

WiP - cut the rods off of the first 15 warriors and now in the process of repainting them in a batch, Mr green rod is just there as an example of old to new...His whole squad is next on the chopping block :wink:.

med_gallery_9146_583_1551887.jpg

hopefully these will be finished this weekend...(also sorry for poor pics,A Sony-Xperia Phone camera on my model desk with one lamp does not make for world class photo's)

i must stick to my guns and redo all of em before i crank open the forgebane stuff i just got ...:wub:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Haha Found my old Monolith and managed to get a new plastic ball(roll on deodorant ball) as the crystal replacement...

i think at one point i had a crazy idea to flock the entire model with sand and make it look like thousands of years had covered it over with sand and debris ....:facepalm:

this is going to need some work :sweat: , at least the ball is the right size :laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_583_638257.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Well, that does look like quite the job to do—but if you strip and repaint, save the repaint for ETL, yeah? ;)

EDIT: how many times does it take to find the right emoticon text? Argh.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

That is an awesome idea, Unfortunately I have pledged for T'AU this year as all my necron painting is merely over coating and small conversions, none of it is legal ETL fodder :-( ... Sorry to let down the Dynasties!

Mithril

Hey, at least you don't have to make new guns for your Monolith! :lol: Good luck dealing with the sand. Maybe try a sparing amount of soapy water and a toothbrush if you used pva glue to flock?

Hey, at least you don't have to make new guns for your Monolith! :laugh.: Good luck dealing with the sand. Maybe try a sparing amount of soapy water and a toothbrush if you used pva glue to flock?

@ NTaW - yeah, seeing your Monolith rebuild inspired me to go dig mine out :biggrin.:  i'm going to try the soapy water toothbrush method tonight :sweat:  otherwise its scrape off and sand the hull to smooth it back for a Leadbelcher spray...i'll be masking off a bit but i'm sure it will be easier and faster in the long run!... 

Cheers, Mithril 

Edited by mithrilforge

First "Reanimated" unit is done :sweat:

med_gallery_9146_583_449861.jpg

Now to start on the next 15...

I'M thinking as a reward after the next unit that i paint a new necron unit to keep me motivated :rolleyes: ... i have the CCB put together...i should have a "new" lord for my "newcrons" :laugh.:

Cheers,Mithril

Looks nice! I’d advise a little bit of converting on the CCB lord, if you can swing it. It’s a nice model, but lacking in variety (plus the warscythe is kinda fragile, so I’d get something more sturdy for it). Be a nice way to stretch the creative muscles.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished off the repaint scarabs,also added an extra base in.

here they all are in their new Novokh scheme(all Scarabs,Wraith's,Spyders and new Destroyer lord will be painted as Novokh)

med_gallery_9146_583_663702.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ spelling :blush.:

Edited by mithrilforge

Thanks for the like NTaW, 

I cut off his right leg and arm and stuck him in the sand...to simulate being overrun :devil:  also i re-painted him up in my mates guard colours in honour of our big game just this past weekend...

(i had to team up with Genestealer Cult against Guard/scions and Blood angels..it was a 100 power each..it was a long game!...we won though via objective points :thumbsup: ) 

Rethinking on painting up my destroyers in Novokh :unsure.: ...I might do them Nihilakh as i tend to hang them back and focus fire on advancing units..?.. thoughts?...

Cheers, Mithril

Love that paint choice, though your mate likely has a differing opinion :lol:

Nihilakh doesn't really give your Destroyers anything, they already re-roll 1s to hit because of hardwired hatred without staying still. Novokh I like because it benefits all Necron units and makes them a touch better in a phase they're not great in. Differently, I'm going to start playing my Destroyers in a Mephrit detachment because I want to use the Voltaic Staff and Merciless Tyrant on my DL.

shoulda read your post last night before painting :blush.: ...:laugh.:

anyways Nihilakh it is, i'll probably only paint Pure CC units as Novokh (mainly for identifying them on the tabletop readily) like scarabs,wraiths,flayed ones,lychguard...maybe? and Destroyer lords.

so here's some 'New and Revised" WiP from my destroyers -

med_gallery_9146_583_83320.jpg

Cheers ,Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

:laugh.: rules schmules, they look great. Really strong colours.

True :biggrin.:  my mates will let me play whatever Dynasty i want really, i guess its just painted for fluff purposes and cool Factor:cool.:

it's the old Hawk turquoise paint..i'm glad i saved a few bottles for this :thumbsup: 

more updates tomorrow hopefully...(gotta start on my T'AU vows too :ohmy.: )

Cheers Mithril 

• 2 weeks later...