Mithril's Necrons - Reawakened again for... 2022 !

MithrilForge

Your models look good, though their colors are brighter than I expect for so literally grim an army.

:tongue.:  Yeah some thousands of years of weathering is required...A base wash of Reikland fleshshade for that me thinks,over some chips and scratches...

thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Mithril

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting my Armiger Helverin this Friday night yay :woot: as some of you are aware Daimyo<snip> lenoch ran the idea in this forum to build a counts as Triarch Stalker from an Armiger kit...which i thought was a super awesome smashing idea :thumbsup: 

So my idea is this... 

i was only going to go as a low level conversion,probably scraping off all the rivets and the arrow symbol on the middle of the shoulder pads(i can tell that's the part that will test my resolve to go slow and steady:unsure.:) I will try to green-stuff the helm to look Necron warrior like and fill in/remove any parts of the model that look human required i.e vents grab handles,cockpit windows  etc 

i will be using the Tesla cannon from the command barge kit and jazz it up to look more heat ray like ...? is the heat ray the best "General purpose weapon to use on the Stalker..?

i will try to make a plasticard tri-bladed left hand that looks like the necron wraith claws/stalkers legs etc to count as the "bladed limbs" attack...

Will also be putting the spider from the Forgebane cryptek on its back, if it's not too big (right where the mechanicus skull symbol is) and have tendrils coming out of it into the armiger's back as though it's being infected from a living metal virus or some such excuse...

thoughts and idea's are welcome, is there a captain obvious idea or model part that has slipped under my radar that would be Perfect for this idea?... let me know if you can think of anything fellow Frater :smile.: 

Hope to post something by Monday...

Cheers, Mithril

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. I really like the idea of commandeered tech from other races, why wouldn't Crypteks have the ability to override the technologically inferior race's machines anyway. Real curious to see how this develops.

Because it’s inferior and barbaric? Why would I sully our glorious history with the toys of the simpler minded?!?

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. I really like the idea of commandeered tech from other races, why wouldn't Crypteks have the ability to override the technologically inferior race's machines anyway. Real curious to see how this develops.

Because it’s inferior and barbaric? Why would I sully our glorious history with the toys of the simpler minded?!?

You must be right, there's no precedent anywhere that would imply this is a thing Necrons can do.

*hard stare at Anrakyr's Mind in the Machine ability :lol:

I’m not sure what lore justification Mithril is using, but mine will have Triarch Praetorians riding them up top that are in command of the knights.

Millennia ago the Praetorians assigned to the Naculan Dynasty located a small tomb world that had become a Knight World. The lords of the Knights were willing to become subservient to the Necron Cause in exchange for immortality and better weapons. The Triarch accepted and the Knight World of Henel entered the Triarch, with provisional authority provided to the Naculan royalty.

Sorry for the hijack, Mithril. Looking forward to seeing end results!

You must be right, there's no precedent anywhere that would imply this is a thing Necrons can do.

*hard stare at Anrakyr's Mind in the Machine ability :lol:

Hahahaha, truth! For reals though, I look forward to seeing both your conversions.

• 11 months later...

ETL prep/progress work adding in here so i don't have to start a new topic...

pulled the proverbial finger out and put the second part of my ETL vow together

First new model built - Cryptek did him in 2 parts cause i can see problems later painting certain parts...better to be safe than sorry :sweat:

med_gallery_9146_583_144130.jpg

cheers, Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

ETL work -

started painting the wraiths, using Contrast just for fun and to see how it goes...

test wraith 1 -

med_gallery_9146_583_38269.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_829086.jpg

Over a Wraithbone Undercoat - basilicum grey on body, Facial area is (over leadbelcher) snakebite leather (one heavy coat) the eye is Aethermatic blue over the undercoat

the red is standard paint Mephiston red and the white is still wraithbone..yet to be done.

I'm not sold yet, it was quick to get the grey on but i still could've done that with leadbelcher and a nuln wash...:unsure.: so i don't know...

the face came up looking bronze (not clear in the pic..i may highlight it with some brass or something tonight to make it pop out a bit...next time i may do a 50/50 snakebite and medium wash...

Cheers, Mithril

White with a brown recess wash (My wraiths are a Novokh detachment) 

i may probably  drybrush some gold onto the face or even put a top coat of gold on it (as i said i should have diluted the snakebite).

the grey looks ok and was really fast...i might do some highlights here and there tonight...

cheers, Mithril 

I’m sorry...I look at the striping and the twistiness of the wraith and all i can see is a candy cane wraith...

It’s six months from Christmas for pete’s sake, I don’t know why I’ve done this.

On the bright side the red and white are *really* clean and vibrant.

:laugh.: ... hopefully when it's finished with weathering and such  it wont be so Candy cane...although :tongue.: it could be a stealth/lure effect of necron tech....

"Trooper! what are you doing running through the ruins?,the Enemy is in this sector for feth's sake!"...

"Sorry Sarge, but we can see some candy! real candy! Haha .. oh blessed emperor it's still so many cycles to Hallowed Emperors day and i can taste it now...ooh sweet sweet candy...luscious red and creamy vanilla...it's just up ahead sarge...come on! you can have some too....it looks like there's enough for everyone ...

Argh!!! ....Gods no! it's wrapped around my arm... what is this!?!...Argh....

"What the?...Oh feth! Trooper Carstein get that flamer up here NOW!,You two stop gawking and shoot...that ...Candy Thing... Aieeeeeeeee ....

{the sounds of sporadic gunfire are intermingled with the barely audible whisper of sliding steel and the sounds of meat tearing and bones snapping....

++ Sector clear of Human element...proceeding to next waypoint++ inform the Cryptek the Cloak lure works as expected...++

++ V-78TK421 confirming transmision and test results++ Next Waypoint Verified++ OUT.

Cheers, Mithril

This guys just about done, for tabletop i think this is very acceptable and i cranked him out pretty fast (for me :blush.:)

med_gallery_9146_583_244575.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_345886.jpg

The white is Ulthuan grey and then i mixed Agrax with the contrast medium and washed it all over both areas...then when it dried i just did some edge highlights...

The orbs and eye lense have been redone with Ork flesh contrast...the Aethermatic was ...too weak looking (probably really good for plasma glow over a stark white base)

i did some bits with leadbelcher - blades, pipes under arm joints and orb surrounds where it was green etc

med_gallery_9146_583_585496.jpgmed_gallery_9146_583_565373.jpg

it's far from super good but i think ill have the squad done and based before the end of the weekend ...and that's a win for me :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril

Extra like for that Cryptek. I'm really digging the contrast effect, and it blends very well with standard paints on the Wraiths.

Looks great! :tu:

Thanks man,

The Cryptek is going to get some real metal work on him as well.. and i'm going to add some orange to the back orb...and see if i can get some orange power running through those little lines on his back...he is Mephrit Dynasty after all :sweat:

Once these are done i gotta finish putting the damn Ghost Ark together... all those wee guns on the side :dry.:

Cheers, Mithril