Mithril's Necrons - Reawakened again for... 2022 !

MithrilForge

So, ETL progress...

the Cryptek is about finished

med_gallery_9146_583_1114172.jpgmed_gallery_9146_583_758252.jpg

And this Damn Ark is nearly together...this thing is Darn Fiddly :dry.: anyone else have slight problems with this thing??? (the next one is definitely going to be the DDA)

gotta glue the guns on and the top Driver panel... i think i want to put him on a larger base as the flying stand is sooo wobbly :wacko.: Might get a large oval and put the flying stem in the middle of that and base it the same as the other units...

med_gallery_9146_583_154233.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Yeah, Arks of both types are incredibly fiddly to put together.

If you have a three-d printer I believe there are alternate flying stands available that aren’t as wobbly as the one provided in the kit—perhaps you could look into one. I can’t link them here, but you should be able to find them.

ETL update...

just before i do a Leadbelcher spray undercoat of that damnable Ghost Ark :dry.: ... i thought i'd put my 2nd vow together so i can spray em all at once and not waste that precious spray paint :biggrin.: ... i may put more stuff together(depends on what i find :blush.: )

here's the really nice and well made NightScythe and the plastic lord (i kept the cloak off of him as it would be impossible to get paint under there if i didn't )

med_gallery_9146_583_530081.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

update- whilst waiting for good spray weather i have dug out the next part of Vow 2 - the Monolith!!

* thanks to NtaW for suggesting soapy water...it's doing the trick with a scourer used gently....

this was my previous crazy idea of a sand covered old monolith to look ancient :facepalm: ... anyways cleaning it up for a repaint...

Note this was completely covered in this a while ago :confused:

med_gallery_9146_583_124998.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_941771.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Question guys, - 

I found my other DDA yesterday (yay for me) so i'm putting it together this weekend :sweat: (not looking fwd to it really) but i want to make the DDA from it but was thinking to put the BFG on the top side...is this doable?, has anyone done this ...?

Cheers, Mithril

Yep, all of mine have the gun up top. You can't use the normal prow, you have to use the gem thing from the ghost ark instead. And there will be a small hole on the top of the gun where the flying base goes, easy enough to fill.

And yeah, building DDAs probably drove more Lords and Ladies mad than the Long Sleep!

Edited by Tyriks

Thanks for the heads up, i'll build it that way then(prowless i assumed as that would take the first shot...maybe it's in theme then :huh.: -random shots etc)

if it was an ork gun i'd put a crosshair on the fill in spot :tongue.:  perhaps not with a necron weapon :laugh.:

cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++  haha (not really) i just tripped down some stairs at work at lunchtime whilst running up and down for exercise :blush.:  go figure...

Twisted it badly so now i think i'm sitting on the couch tomorrow foot up!...perhaps putting a Doomsday Ark together :sweat:  trying to find a silver lining to this pain cloud :tongue.:

Edited by mithrilforge

• 9 months later...

So with the Newcrons on the way I dug these guys out as well as my T'au… I will be repainting/finishing all units in my Novokh theme (I only play with mates so colour schemes won't matter when it come's to choosing Dynasties)

starting with my Cryptek... just changing Mephrit colours to Novokh, not a great deal to change :sweat:

WiP...

med_gallery_9146_583_860558.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

and yay for new necrons!!

I did really like that green but a unified scheme will look splendid and your Novokh colours are crisp.

Did you tape those Scarabs to get the lines so nice? I know I've seen them before but those are some eye catching (and dissolving, I suppose) critters!

EDIT: and on the Cryptek's back! The coffee kicks in slower the longer I'm off work :lol:

Edited by NTaW

Thanks for the likes,...All the lines are Freehand :sweat:  it wasn't easy though...but you get used to it and clean it up with red :biggrin.:

@ NTaW - I liked the green too but my mates said uniform scheme all over was better too, now i'm looking fwd to a red and white tide :devil:

Not sure what to do on the ghost ark though ?!?...

Cannot wait for a new Monolith though!! :wub:

Cheers, Mithril

WiP this weekend, painting my NightScythe in the Novokh scheme....

med_gallery_9146_583_281024.jpg

Doing the white in the recesses of the red was a bit of a pain in the proverbial :laugh.: need to highlight the red(probably tonigh i'm hoping)

anyways that's my update so far...

cheers, Mithril

Ah yes, painting in the recesses. I know that pain well :laugh.: At least you can take solace in it looking great :thumbsup:

What red is that, Wazdakka?

For the Ghost Ark maybe you could pick panels to make red or white instead of splitting the scheme like you have here since the ribs don't offer much and have so many angles already. You could still go with the freehand lines on the main chassis since it's easier to set angles to (in my eyes anyway) with the bigger side areas or keep to the same blocked off colour.

Edited by NTaW

Thanks guys :biggrin.: ,

@ NTaW - the red is my fav red - Mephiston Red...just about three coats though over silver...

Regarding the Ghost ark, you may be right...probably paint the ribs in red ,maybe a white stripe down the back over the driver(pilots) head area nothing complicated,goodness knows the thing was a pain to build I don't need to add to the headache with a convoluted paint job :laugh.:

@Darkapostle7 - thanks, I did enjoy doing the gold, good old retribitor gold :thumbsup: and Agrax washes...

Finished highlighted one wing side-

med_gallery_9146_583_151940.jpg

* actually it's hard to tell it's even highlighted...my potato camera phone needs to take better shots...:pinch:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

The nightscythe looks great!

Are you going to make lych guard and if so, will they have sword and board or a more aggressive loadout with the warscythes?

@Plague_Lord -Thanks for looking, Not sure yet on Lych guard I don't own any so i'm not about to go out and buy any in case the "NewCrons" are better...as in th Skorpekh Destroyers :wub:

I'd rather save up for the new stuff first … After the Night-scythe i'm doing some warriors heads and perhaps that Damnable ..Ghost ark :censored: 

Cheers, Mithril  

ok, WiP update time, First base coats on the ghost ark and some Warriors repainted to Fit into my Whole army being in the Novokh Dynasty scheme...

med_gallery_9146_583_116155.jpg

The Ghost Ark is such a pain to paint once it's been put together :dry.: I don't Think I'll be getting another one unless it's a Captain obvious to include more in the new Ed...

such a lot of painting time for a Transport...:laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

sorry for potato pics, when the armies done i'll try and set up some kinda light box setup to get some decent shots...

Edited by mithrilforge