Characters are our everything?

Corvus Fortis

I was thinking about a fun strategy for small point games. Yesterday I played against Necron SC with Lychguards and Cryptec. It was 750 point game and I decided to try something crazy:

GMNDK

Draigo

Brother-Captain

Apothecary

The strategy was simple - BroCap and Apothecary are in reserves, GMNDK gates first then Draigo. Suprisingly, it worked. GMNDK with 2++ soaked all the shooting and there were no viable targets besides him. In the end I did't lose a model (GMNDK left with 1 wound but this is because wrong understanding  of Entropic Strike stratagem) and wiped him on turn 4. 

I think about 1000 points list with same idea:

GMNDK

Draigo

Voldus (or BroCap)
Apothecary (or Ancient)

Inquisitor in TDA

5xAcolytes

Supreme Command and Vanguard. Most likely I'm going second, but this matters little because all my units are in DS and Acolytes are hidden. In case, there is a chance to kill acolytes t1, I leave Draigo with gate of infinity on table. The main weakness is that wipe out is the only way to win - I have nothing to secure objectives. Death Hex and Null Zone are more deadly then ever too, but there is enough CP to use Aegis to deny it (another overcosted stratagem). Tarpits are also bad, but GMNDK shooting and Purge soul can help a bit. 

The build is certainly not the most effective, but looks fun to me.

Archived