Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alpharius

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts

Alpharius is the same size as Primaris Marines.  Plot thickens.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,341 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

For all you people wondering about the size, remember that at least the first batch of Alpha Legionnaires were a head taller than other astartes, so it was easier for alphy to "fit in". :P

• Petitioner's City likes this

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 979 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
A large portion of Primarch size is either variable, as Magnus shows, or just straight up "presence", rather than actual physical size.

Russ for example, was described nearly simultaneously as room filling and then later as being not much bigger than an Astartes.

This despite the fact that Russ wasn't an active psyker, I'd wager they all were latent to some degree or another.
Only explanation for all their weird powers, and how they instantly command "lesser" beings and inspire near to outright worship.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

karden00

karden00

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 657 posts

For all you people wondering about the size, remember that at least the first batch of Alpha Legionnaires were a head taller than other astartes, so it was easier for alphy to "fit in". :P

I’m learning all these fun new alphy facts! What’s this one from?

'Lorgar has his own battles to fight, Erebus,' replied Horus sharply. 'Should he fail at Calth, all this will be for nothing if Guilliman's Legion is allowed to intervene.
You can always ally the Dark Angels to your current ultramarine force.
Never.
My Ultramarines aren't taking the field with traitors.
That's what Dark Vengeance is. A box of traitors.

"Now I have a plasma cannon. LOGISTICS LOGISTICS LOGISTICS."

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,101 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Yes, but (again) Alpharius/Omegon is not mentioned using it in any source, except for the mission requirements in Serpent Beneath.

BTW falsehood is super advanced cameleoline,not the same as holographic field projector (or whatever it's called).

Eisenhorn uses one in one of the Magos book stories, as well.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpg

Ficinus: Yeah, those engineering errors will really ruin the verisimilitude

of a nun shooting a crossbow at a power armoured post-human magic man.

Necromunda conversion thread: Ogryn mercenary!

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,341 posts

I’m learning all these fun new alphy facts! What’s this one from?
From the old Index Astartes article I think. Can't remember anymore, there is too much material now, back then we had WD and codexes and that's it. :D
  • Triszin likes this

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

Astalon

Astalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
Was there any reasoning behind the taller Alpha legionaries?

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,341 posts
As far as I remember there were only several rumours...

Edited by Excessus, 15 April 2018 - 12:33 PM.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,453 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Was there any reasoning behind the taller Alpha legionaries?

There was never any specifics given, it just said that they were "exceptionally tall and strong." My reasoning has always been thst since they were the last ones created, the Emperor and his scientists had time to perfect the process of creation...though some speculative fluff from HH3 kind of undermines that theory.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,778 posts

The Alpha Legion geneseed is pretty much perfect and without any particular flaws.  Their corruption stemmed from whichever of the twins was modified by the Slaugh.

The HH3 book hints that the Alpha Legion has been operating in some capacity since the time of the Unification, so it's uncertain if they were the last created, or merely the last to take to the stars.

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

The Alpha Legion geneseed is pretty much perfect and without any particular flaws.  Their corruption stemmed from whichever of the twins was modified by the Slaugh.

Never heard of it, interesting. What's the source?

When a Great Beast marauds, the warriors of the keep do not seek terms with it, they do not ride out and ask for it to accommodate their feelings. They set forth with shocklance and power sword, and all the courage and determination they can muster. They find the beast and they lay their blades upon it until it is dead, or they are.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,176 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Did it, by any chance, conclude with "this story is a lie"?

Mortal scrivener for the Brotherhood of the Lost project:
gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Tales of the Brotherhood

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,790 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Flawed geneseed has nothing to do with corruption. Seveeral loyal legions geneseed is flawed and they didn't turn. Also Cawl told Guilliman that he couldn't find any sign of chaos corruption within the geneseed of the traitor legions.
  • Xenith, Petitioner's City and Magpie Knight like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,388 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

I find that to be a beautiful model! 

Alphy was small, he could pass for a normal marine when he wanted, but this model is a fair bit bigger than the wolfy. 

I suppose FW are not following BL's lead on that one. Oh well! 

That is one description of Alpharius, yes. But "facts" and the Alpha Legion don't go together well. Both BL and Forge World have said that while Alpharius and Omegon can pass for normal Astartes, there are times when they take to the field arrayed just as impressively as any primarch. Presumably that includes height. This model depicts one such time where the situation called for Alpharius to make a full appearance. 

That, and there's also the vague hints that there's a reason why the Hydra has three heads. They do directly state, however, that several appearances of "Alpharius" have him as the same size as other Primarchs, and in others he's Astartes-size, or anywhere in between.

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

++ ÆDIFICATOR BARBATOS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,308 posts

Come on guys, you've already had two warnings from an Admin:

This is a topic about Alpharius only, please stay on topic or your posts will be removed. Thanks.

This topic is about the model - there are other places to discuss the lore and books. Thanks.

What more do you need? rolleyesclean.gif

My Dark Angels 5th Company Painting Log (NB: images are now all fixed!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users