The Blood Angels ETL VI Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

A new Blood Angel convert here, I'll be vowing the first units i'm starting the army with. I'll spend the next few preparatory weeks slicing my fingertips with X-acto blades and gluing my fingers together...

- Ran

My vows are probably all going to be a squad, or a squad plus character so I don’t bite off more than I can chew.

Go for a squad plus a character. That way you have a reward for painting up line troops (trust me, one time I knocked out 20 second edition Tactical Marines as a vow...)

Models must be at undercoated stage at most (any color)

If ia model is worked on more than that then it is eligible as an out of competition entry.

Haven't you got a Cypher t paint? :whistling::whistling:

As far as base coated is concerned, the last ETL I participated in counted my red primer spray as an acceptable base coat entery. Since then I have upgraded to an airbrush and my base coat consists of a 5 step layering process I borrowed from Luthermax. I will post a picture of a model I have just base coated when I return home, but off the top of your heads, will this be fine?

Semper has already answered but with regards to your specific query, if you're first coat of five is an undercoat (i.e if it's red straight of the bat) then that is the maximum stage you can go. So vow something at that point (or prior) and then airbrush the remaining steps.

Count me in! I'm hoping to win back to back feast of blades with a HQ I paint!

What have you got in mind for this endeavour (and subsequent)?

I`ve got a BaC Contemptor, Tycho, 3 Vets, Chapter Ancient, Sanguinary Noviate, two 5 man intercessor squads and an old 3rd edition predator :smile.: I`ve got a few bits to choose from :sweat:

3-5 weeks to plan it out. Group up what you're comfortable with and what you're motivated to paint :tu:

Thoughts on what you want to start with?

As far as base coated is concerned, the last ETL I participated in counted my red primer spray as an acceptable base coat entery. Since then I have upgraded to an airbrush and my base coat consists of a 5 step layering process I borrowed from Luthermax. I will post a picture of a model I have just base coated when I return home, but off the top of your heads, will this be fine?

Base coat is singular, a 5 step layering process is more than one coat of paint, and likely more paint that many will put on finished models, so I would assume it won't fly :smile.:

As long as the armour is one flat colour all over, it should be ok, but check with Semper. 

In other news, anything planned Xenith? ;)

I'm afraid my loyalties will lie with the Codex chapters once again this year, but I might well throw in a couple of "out-of-comp" vows just to join in the Sanguinary fun :smile.:

See, you're doing it wrong. Why not vow for us and throw some OOC love the Index way? :p

A new Blood Angel convert here, I'll be vowing the first units i'm starting the army with. I'll spend the next few preparatory weeks slicing my fingertips with X-acto blades and gluing my fingers together...

- Ran

Glad to have you on board Ranulf :happy.:  Remind me, have you shown off some of your early work in our sub-forum yet?

I do, I do...

Sorry mate, no one's going to let you forget that...

The Blood Revenants will be ready with Imperial Knight support. Looks like I'll have around 2k points.

Sounds great, we're certainly going to need some big hitters and the forum champion is up for grabs. Just keep it manageable and you'll be fine :)

- Ran

Glad to have you on board Ranulf :happy.:  Remind me, have you shown off some of your early work in our sub-forum yet? 

Happy to be here. :)

Nope, not as yet, though you might have seen my Primaris-scale Death Company mockups elsewhere on the board. I had planned to start a build thread in the BA forum and then the ETL announcement came about. I can think of worst places to debut a force in the making. :wink:

I'm a slow painter, so small vows and steady progress - Two or three characters and two or three squads.

- Ran

I'm afraid my loyalties will lie with the Codex chapters once again this year, but I might well throw in a couple of "out-of-comp" vows just to join in the Sanguinary fun :smile.:

See, you're doing it wrong. Why not vow for us and throw some OOC love the Index way? :p

Haha, mostly just down to what’s on the pile. Thanks to B&Z I have a lot of “Templars” that need doing, and I’m working up a few other successor chapters too. Most of my Sanguine Eagles are painted already!

I'll definitely join!

I have plenty of stuff waiting to be painted. Razorback, stormraven, furioso, assault terminator squad, 10x tacticals, 20x death company, 8x vanguard vets, 15x scouts, land speeder storm, about 10x characters and some primaris stuff. No way I can wov for all, so I have tho think what I will be using most on the field.

Is there a multipliers for different levels of paint jobs?

@Jolemai I`m probably going to go with the contemptor first me thinks, given the fact it`ll be my first proper attempt at completely painting a Warhammer 40k mini. I have also have three knights hidden somewhere in my room but I doubt I`ll attempt them :)

- Ran

Glad to have you on board Ranulf :happy.: Remind me, have you shown off some of your early work in our sub-forum yet?

Happy to be here. :)

Nope, not as yet, though you might have seen my Primaris-scale Death Company mockups elsewhere on the board. I had planned to start a build thread in the BA forum and then the ETL announcement came about. I can think of worst places to debut a force in the making. :wink:

I'm a slow painter, so small vows and steady progress - Two or three characters and two or three squads.

- Ran

Perfect, you definitely need to show off your skills here :tu:

Haha, mostly just down to what’s on the pile. Thanks to B&Z I have a lot of “Templars” that need doing, and I’m working up a few other successor chapters too. Most of my Sanguine Eagles are painted already!

:(

I'll definitely join!

I have plenty of stuff waiting to be painted. Razorback, stormraven, furioso, assault terminator squad, 10x tacticals, 20x death company, 8x vanguard vets, 15x scouts, land speeder storm, about 10x characters and some primaris stuff. No way I can wov for all, so I have tho think what I will be using most on the field.

Is there a multipliers for different levels of paint jobs?

One paint job to rule them all, one paint in to find them, one paint job to bring them all...well you get the idea.

The completion point is entirely up to you; it is to be done to your normal standard and what you're happy with. Personally, mine will likely get to just beyond the battle ready stage (three colours and based*) rather than a full completion, but that's the stage most of my stuff is at so it's fine.

* Basing a model is entirely optional but if you base stuff normally you are expected to. Basically it's all about painting to what you'd normally do.

@Jolemai I`m probably going to go with the contemptor first me thinks, given the fact it`ll be my first proper attempt at completely painting a Warhammer 40k mini. I have also have three knights hidden somewhere in my room but I doubt I`ll attempt them :)

Aye, Knights are quite the commitment. They will ramp up our score but you need to be ready for them.

Aye, Knights are quite the commitment. They will ramp up our score but you need to be ready for them.

I'd actually forgotten about Knights; do we know for sure that you can vow them to any Imperial Faction like we could last time?

I'd actually forgotten about Knights; do we know for sure that you can vow them to any Imperial Faction like we could last time?

You can only vow them for the Blood Angels...

I have been interested in picking up Knights since they are cool and the codex and new models are coming out soon. I may have to get a Knight in my vows as well. We'll see how things pan out.

You'll have three months tops to get it done, so plan out how you want it and you'll be good to go. :tu:

Meanwhile, it looks like I was right about the Dark Angels:

Absolutely!

And there is another thing: we need to beat the Blood Angels! They used to be the champions back during the LPC days and we thoroughly beaten them to become champions for two consecutive years before the LPC perished. Then on to the ETL we came second the first year and champions in the second but from then on we started to slip... By ETL V we scored below the Blood Angels in absolute terms and, with a lower completion rate, we also scored lower on a modified basis... This cannot stand!

Let’s take some oaths of moment to bring the First back to the top where they belong and certainly above the space vampires!

Seems like they are gunning for us. Surely we're not going to let this insult stand?

You can only vow them for the Blood Angels...

All Imperial forums will have access to Knights like in previous years... I think Jolemai went overly “patriotic” there! :lol:

Ok...someone please explain this whole ETL thing to me like I'm a 5 year old....

Well, here's an overview:

E TENEBRAE LUX ETL) is an open-for-all event that aims to motivate the frater to build-up their armies in solid blocks while cultivating member interaction within individual forums as well as on a cross-forum level. ETL is designed to play down the inherent disadvantage of low traffic of some forums, levelling out as much as possible the chance of victory for all.

The challenge is to paint legal units for your preferred army over a three-month period to the best of your ability.

The reward is twofold: a personal and a collective one. On a personal level everyone who completes his/her vows will receive the “Custos Fidei”, the ETL badge of honour – a glorious distinction as veterans of previous ETLs will testify. On a collective level, the faction that cumulatively has the most points painted (as per relevant Codices and army lists) wins and becomes “Primus Inter Pares” i.e. the ETL Champion! In the first ETL the Black Templars emerged victorious totalling 45k pts, in the second ETL, the Dark Angels took their revenge totalling 58k pts while last two years it was Chaos who managed an overwhelming victory totalling an astounding 98k pts and 84k pts (66k adjusted for completion rate) respectively! So who will take the title this year? Remember: even a last minute hero may tip the balance!

And here's the link to the previous ETL (ETL V) for a more in-depth exploration.

Archived