The Blood Angels ETL VI Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

How is everyone's preparations going?

Not much to do since most of the stuff I would like to paint is already primed, thanks to Blood and Zeal. :)

By the way, as the competition is only about painting the miniatures, can I paint the bases up front?

No.

The stance we have on bases is the following:

The bases are an integral part of the model and as such they should be painted during the painting of the model. However, in order to also include those who do not possess the skill to do bases (although now with the textured paint it borders to ridiculous) completing the bases is not a prerequisite for the model to be consider complete. If however a participant will not consider his/her mini complete without proper basing, then it is expected that he/she will do the extra work required.

Hope the above helps.

Right, here goes:

Uploading pictures from your PC to the B&C Gallery

Step 1: go to Gallery. The link to the Gallery can be found in the top menu of B&C home screen.

Step 2: Once in the Gallery click on the red “upload” button that can be found on the top side

Step 3: Youget the option the either create a new album or select an existing album or select category. Assuming you’re a first time user of this feature click on “Create a New Album”

Step 4: Name your Album (e.g. ETL VI) and if you want you may add a description (e.g. miniatures painted for the 2018 ETL event). You may then assign it to a specific category to reflect the theme of the content or just leave it at the default “The Bolter & Chainsword”. You can further customise this by allowing/disallowing comments and/or ratings.

Step 5: Once you’ve created the album you may start uploading the pictures from your PC. To do that you click on “Choose File” button and then select the pics you want to upload from your PC. Make double sure that the pics a B&C appropriate.

Step 6: Once the pics are uploaded, click on the “Review & Publish” button located at the bottom right of the screen. Here, for each picture, you can add tags, rotate the image add a tittle and a description. Once you’re happy with it, click the “Finish and Publish” button at the bottom of the screen. The pictures are uploaded to your gallery!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Posting picture from your gallery to a thread:

Step 1: Go to your gallery and select the album that contains the pics you want to post (e.g. ETL VI)

Step 2: Select the picture you want and double-click on it so it will become enlarged. By right-clicking on it you will be offered the option to select size. The options are “Thumbnail”, “Small”, “Medium”, “Large”. Select the size you want (e.g. “Medium”).

Step 3: You then can copy the image straight (or copy the image address) and paste it in your post (or use the the image function in your post editor to paste the image address). Now you should have your picture visible in your post.

I hope the above helps. :smile.:

Semper has put a teaser out and there are a few changes to the format (which I'll add to the OP in due course):

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Teaser.jpg

MAY 1st - AUGUST 1st

-------------------------------------------------

A few things about the new rules:

1. Points limit raised to 4,000 pts (to accommodate Warlord Titans)

2. Five Factions:

1. Adeptus Astartes
  2. Imperial Forces (IFOR)
  3. Realm of Chaos
  4. Xenos
  5. Age of Darkness (AoD)

3. There are three levels of collective performance:

• Primus Inter Pares: the Forum with the highest score WITHIN its Faction
  • Dominus Exercitus: the Forum with the highest score AMONG ALL Factions (similar but not 100% like the Primus Inter Pares of old)
  • ETL VI Magister: the Faction with the highest score among all Factions

4. The Astartes Faction will consist of SMs, BAs, DAs and SWs

5. The IFOR Faction will include the GKs and the Deathwatch

6. IFOR Forums will have access (but not unlimited) to units form other IFOR Forums

7. Chaos is three Forums - not interchangeable

8. Aeldari is a single Forum (just to clarify)

9. AoD is split in two teams the Loyalists and the Traitors. Both have access to all HH units except those explicitly labeled "Traitor" for the Loyalists and those labeled "Loyalist" for the Traitors 

Remember, these are just some highlights - there is a ton of details still but feel free to ask any questions. :smile.:

So now you ally with the rest of the Forums in your Faction in order for your Faction to come on top, but, at the same time, you also play against the Forums of your Faction in order for your Forum to become the best one within your Faction. And of course you play against all the other Forums in order to be the strongest individual Forum in the ETL! :woot:

In short, we will be fighting on three fronts.

• We are after a victory for our new ETL Faction: Adeptus Astartes
  • We are after the strongest sub-faction showing within our new ETL Faction
  • We are after the strongest sub-faction showing across the board

All of these are achievable in the current format if we work hard and work together

Our previous history (especially the recent history) has shown that we can come out on top amongst the other Marine Forums, that we could mix it with the super-powers of old. Doing so now will not only gain us the second objective, but also carry our ETL Faction towards the first objective. But what of the third one I hear you cry? This is the best bit: the big hitters have been split - so Chaos is three sub-factions (CSM, Daemons, R&H) and AoD is two (Loyalists and Traitors) - this means we can surpass them for the third objective (and again, in doing so we attain the second objective and make a good fist of the first).

Folks, this is doable. Plan now, ask questions now, and be ready.

How is everyone's preparations going?

Still assembling, cleaning and priming infantry.  If I progress well through the ETL, I may have time to assemble (and then paint) these cool Dreads I've got on my desk (1 Deredeo and 1 Leviathan).  There's also a Fire Raptor waiting to be assembled but I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that one yet.

Hey Jol, I'm doing a Malikim Phoros conversion. What should I do to make the inferno pistol special? The only thing I can think of is adding a scope... will that be enough?

Also, I have a Librarian kit bash. Can I use a regular power sword (the one from the BA Tactical kit) as a force sword? 

Don't you worry, my champion is already prepared and planned to get done with the first vow. Gotta collect those free re-rolls to stand a chance against all those Captain Smash wannabes. :P

Got a chicken-knight assembled and magnetized last week :biggrin.:

Um... I don't actually know ehere the chibl-Knights stand in this event :huh.:

Got 20 intercessors, 5 jump DC, 8 sanguinary guard, 1 Sanguinary ancient, Dante, a lieutenant, and a lascannon Dreadnought! Just a bit at a time...

Sounds like a plan. 20 at once of the same thing is quite a grind though...

gallery_52622_14435_1097725.jpg

Here's what i got so far

That's a nice amount to get done inside three months :smile.: Hope you didn't have any trouble using the gallery :smile.:

Hey Jol, I'm doing a Malikim Phoros conversion. What should I do to make the inferno pistol special? The only thing I can think of is adding a scope... will that be enough?

Also, I have a Librarian kit bash. Can I use a regular power sword (the one from the BA Tactical kit) as a force sword?

Kitbashes are fine provided they are WYSIWYG. Force weaponry come in all shapes and sizes so provided it's painted differently from a normal force sword in your collection it's fine :thumbsup: As for his relic pistol, anything that moves it away from stock (and maybe painted differently) should suffice. Perhaps you could add some bling like wings?

I got about 6 HQs, 5 company vets, and 2 furiosos that I have had on my desk for months that are ready to go. Haven't touched those Imperial Knights that I want to pledge though. Also, that libby dread conversion I started a year ago may need to be finished...

Oh and I just remembered I have a half build storm raven from like 3 years ago somewhere...

Anything you want to pledge, best get ready in the last five or so days. FWIW Semper runs the event on UTC/GMT time (I'll convert over where appropriate) but he's been known to open it before midnight UTC the evening before...

Here is what my first vow will look like. I should be able to finish this in a month or so (I generally paint HQs quickly) leaving plenty of time to work on my two knights for a second vow. Worst case this will be my only vow and should be easily doable in 3 months theoretically

Etl vow 1 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [78 PL, 1515pts]

(Imperium - Blood Angels)

HQ:

Captain

Selections: Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Thunder hammer

Captain in Cataphractii Armour

Selections: Combi-melta, Relic blade

Librarian

Selections: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack

Lieutenant

Selections: Chainsword, Master-crafted boltgun

Lieutenant

Selections: Hand flamer, Jump Pack, Power fist

Sanguinary Priest

Selections: Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Power fist

The Sanguinor

Malakim Phoros

Elites:

Furioso Dreadnought

Selections: Frag cannon, Furioso fist, Heavy flamer, Smoke launchers

Furioso Dreadnought

Terminator Ancient

I asked Semper about vowing Armiger Warglaives for BA and got confirmation that Knights are allowed for any faction :smile.:

Knights and Warglaives are two separate entities, hence my concern.

I'm sure it will be fine though...

Dear Keeper of Relics Jolemai, an old veteran of other ETL's, presenting himself here with the sacred duty of providing reinforcements to the hosts of the Blood Angels in this event.

For the Blood of Sanguinius !!!!!

Here is what my first vow will look like. I should be able to finish this in a month or so (I generally paint HQs quickly) leaving plenty of time to work on my two knights for a second vow. Worst case this will be my only vow and should be easily doable in 3 months theoretically

Etl vow 1 (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [78 PL, 1515pts]

(Imperium - Blood Angels)

HQ:

Captain

Selections: Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Thunder hammer

Captain in Cataphractii Armour

Selections: Combi-melta, Relic blade

Librarian

Selections: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack

Lieutenant

Selections: Chainsword, Master-crafted boltgun

Lieutenant

Selections: Hand flamer, Jump Pack, Power fist

Sanguinary Priest

Selections: Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, Power fist

The Sanguinor

Malakim Phoros

Elites:

Furioso Dreadnought

Furioso Dreadnought

Terminator Ancient

You think you can do it, go for it!

Dear Keeper of Relics Jolemai, an old veteran of other ETL's, presenting himself here with the sacred duty of providing reinforcements to the hosts of the Blood Angels in this event.

For the Blood of Sanguinius !!!!!

Always great to have our veterans on board for our events, good to see you again :)

Whilst it's not open yet, our Outpost can be found here. The doors will open on the 1st May (no time specified) and you'll have until the 1st June 1700 UTC to get your vows in.

This is what a vow looks like (note that the wording will change slightly for ETL VI, see thread for details):

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of Terminators with an assault cannon, heavy flamer and two chainfists from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 440 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

gallery_62972_9848_68443.jpg

These will go into the Outpost thread and then you'll be free to start - so the sooner you get them up the better!

Archived