[ETL] As the galaxy splits in twain...

Considering that total points isn't the big factor anymore but completed vows and completion percentages - right? Or am I misremembering? - I don't see a good reason to divide Chaos as a faction.

In any case, I'm finishing up a few bits and bobs before I get to prepping, but there will be a Heldrake, Warp Talons, a basic Marine squad, and Cultists in my future. At the very least.

Assuming we're all together, why not both?

Dragonlover

Because I've got far, far too much Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons stuff that needs painting (several squads of Plague Marines, Bloat Drones, the Daemons from Age of Sigmar: Blightwar....) to do both :lol:

Yikes, is WYSIWYG still a big deal? I have some undercover berzerkers but I have given them power-swords and a big chainsword for rule of cool. Mostly because I was trying to save what few chainaxes I have for another unit.

Yikes, is WYSIWYG still a big deal? I have some undercover berzerkers but I have given them power-swords and a big chainsword for rule of cool. Mostly because I was trying to save what few chainaxes I have for another unit.

Yes, WYSIWYG is still required for the ETL.

Assuming we're all together, why not both?

Dragonlover

Because I've got far, far too much Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons stuff that needs painting (several squads of Plague Marines, Bloat Drones, the Daemons from Age of Sigmar: Blightwar....) to do both :laugh.:

Entirely reasonable!

It's nice to see some fresh faces joining the fray, I have to say, although I know several of the old guard will be joining us cause they've mentioned it elsewhere.

Stick a pic up, I'm sure we can work out something viable to vow them as!

Dragonlover

Pretty much, but standard equipment is assumed to be there, such as the bolt pistols on basic Marines. I'm therefore wondering if hushrong's Berzerkers are vowable as Chosen.

Dragonlover

Darnit Dragonlover, you beat me to it! :D I was gonna put up a post about ETL later this week...

The Alpha Legion is in, of course! I got zerkers and termies waiting to be built...and possibly a Daemon Prince too...somewhere...and cultists...a lot of cultists...

I got bored of talking about it in other forums threads!

Don't vow Cultists man! Have you learnt nothing? Every year, someone vows a bunch of cultists, and every year they regret this fact!

Dragonlover

I never learn! I have bit the dust on cultists before, but nevertheless maybe 10 or 20 won't be a problem? :P

BTW, don't forget the threads of your specific legions: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331640-links-to-the-legion-community-threads-and-resources/

...maybe I should keep track of which legion does the most to further the black crusade this year as well... ;)

Don’t vow the DV Chosen either, those :censored: take ages to paint :biggrin.:

But my zerkers are half DV chosen... :sad.:

I feel sorry for you. All that fiddly trim and detail on the Chosen is why I'm terrified to paint those guys.

In other news, I think I figured out my vow for my Emperor's children.

HQ 1: Lucius - 115

HQ 2: Sorcerer (Force Sword, Bolt Pistol) - 113

Troop 1: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 2: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 3: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 4: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Troop 5: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Total: 750 points

Now I just need Lucius, 2 more of each of the Noise Marine packs, and two Escher gang boxes. :lol:

It has to be a legal unit, it has to be WYSIWYG and equipment* that isn't represented can't be included in points totals.

IIRC.

EDIT - *upgraded equipment, as Dragonlover says.

Pretty much, but standard equipment is assumed to be there, such as the bolt pistols on basic Marines.

Dragonlover

Both of the above statements are correct.

Thanks for the input everyone! Yeah, my berzerkers are carrying power swords (again, rule of cool). I'll see if I have some chainswords to swap but I am hard pressed to really do so. I want them to look like they are disguised as vanguard or something similar for my Alpha Legion.

I still have several units to contribute aside from them. Is it alright if I post pictures of units I would like to submit for this and see if they are acceptable? I mentioned this in the Harrowing but much of what I want to paint and would like to contribute are up to their base coats and a wash.

My Chaos Legionaries will join the battlefield once again as they loved ETL V's final dancing.

I still have ca 100 of them (who could finally turn out to be Havocs or Chosen) to be painted plus Raptors, Terminators, Berserkers and some Rhino APCs and will add Death Guard in the meantime. They will all be engaged in the Gilgamesh Campaign which will be under session 22 if ETL VI starts in June.

Ave Dominus Nox!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Thanks for the input everyone! Yeah, my berzerkers are carrying power swords (again, rule of cool). I'll see if I have some chainswords to swap but I am hard pressed to really do so. I want them to look like they are disguised as vanguard or something similar for my Alpha Legion.

I still have several units to contribute aside from them. Is it alright if I post pictures of units I would like to submit for this and see if they are acceptable? I mentioned this in the Harrowing but much of what I want to paint and would like to contribute are up to their base coats and a wash.

Vow them as a different, legal unit. Say you have ten Berzerkers with Power Swords, Vow them as 2 squads of 5 Chosen.

Unless I am grossly misinterpreting the rules and spirit of the thing, there's nothing underhand about doing so. 

EDIT - Or maybe Vow them as Berzerkers, but don't include the points for 'illegal' Power Swords in the unit cost.

Or vow them as Chosen. Nothing is preventing you to have World Eaters' Chosen with the Caedere's helmet and Chosen can have power swords.

Celtic_Cauldron

Archived