[ETL] As the galaxy splits in twain...

If I can Vow Daemons and R&H together my first (and possibly only) Vow will be exactly 1k points and consist of;

Zarakynel

Herald on Seeker Chariot

Hellflayer

Renegade Commander

Renegade Command Squad

Militia Squad

Dependent on time, money, interpersonal relationships and Bar exams, I may do a Second Vow of another three Militia Squads, 2 totally-not-NKVD Enforcers, 3 Malefic Lords, 9 Mortar HWTs and three Basilisks, which comes to around 850pts.

In the alternative, if I can't Vow R&H and Daemons together I'll likely Vow

18 Raptors

12 Warp Talons

3 JP Sorcerors

2 JP Lords

2 winged Daemon Princes

which is about 1650pts, IIRC.

Come at me, Khorne bros.

Are those jump pack dudes all based on the Raptors kit? Cause that's a *lot* of trim that I do not envy you painting.

Dragonlover

All but the Independent Characters, yeah. It's 6 Raptor boxes and a Possessed box, plus a few bitz and FW pauldrons.

If that's the way it goes, I have a cunning plan... I am, after all, Captain Drybrush.

Also, I have three months to do it in so I'll have to churn out twelve dudes a month, or three dudes a week. Shouldn't be too rough.

I'm looking at starting with a Daemon Prince (the old metal sculpt), 10 cultists (made from Escher gangers), a rhino, and five Warp Talons. If all that goes well maybe I'll treat myself to something crazy from Forgeworld. I've been eyeing some of those dreads for a while.

I’m a new player that just invested in a 1500 point base for my new NL army.

A few questions about the competition:

1) Do you have to make all vows right at the beginning or can you add new vows if time allows you to complete more legal units?

2) If multiple vows can be made, is there incentive to vow more points at once?

3) Are competitions like these the way you all have neat awards in your signature bars?

Sorry for all the questions, I ’m just trying to do my part in the long war. Thanks.

My Plan? Deathguard. ALL my Death Guard.

That's:

4 Deathshroud

30 Plague Marines with Bolters

1 Mace swinging Chaos Lord

1... whatever I turn the second Mk2 Command into

1 Dredero

1 Spartan

1500 points. My biggest vow. Period.

1) Do you have to make all vows right at the beginning or can you add new vows if time allows you to complete more legal units?

3) Are competitions like these the way you all have neat awards in your signature bars?

Sorry for all the questions, I ’m just trying to do my part in the long war. Thanks.

1. No.

2. Not really. 

3. Probably.

You can make up to five Vows, of up to 3,000pts each. However, if you fail to complete a Vow, you fail all Vows.

1) You make one vow at a time. You get five total, and each vow can be a maximum of 3000 points. Just remember that if at the end of the event you have a second or subsequent vow outstanding then none of your points count.

2) Ultimately, if you're vowing a total of 1500 points, it doesn't really matter if you do it as one vow or five, it comes down to personal preference. The main advantage to splitting it is the burst of endorphins from finishing a vow coupled with the built in flexibility in case life goes squiffy.

3) Yes, events like these are how we all get the cool banners for our sigs.

@Leonite: nice solid vow you've got there!

Dragonlover

Looking forward to seeing what Chaos gets accomplished this year! The bar is high since there have been so many beautiful paint jobs and flat out amazing mega vows over the years. Also hoping to see the motivational Soul Vows show up once again.

There is a chance the winds of change will shift my interest back to the warp but this will probably be the second ETL where I’ll be supporting a faction other than chaos. Regardless, I’ll still be cheering for you and following the progress...if I can keep up with the posting volume!

Do vows have to have fit detatchments ? (e.g 2 x HQ and 3 x troops for battalion) or can it just be random like helbrute, 8 bez and 5 possessed? 

I ask that because i'm under a cosh with the Mrs' and cant buy more until i have most of what i've already got built/painted (dam saving for a house is a pain for this hoby)

Yeah so long as everything in the vow is a legal unit, you're good to go. Mine just happens to fit detachments cause I'm painting up two actual armies this time around, one Alpha Legion one Iron Warriors.

That said, I'm leaving myself a couple of spare vows in case I get a chance to use them, in which case I'll bust open the spares box and paint up some Renegades. I've got a hankering to do more Hakanors Reavers.

Dragonlover

And with regards to me, I'm doing mine like this because these DG models have been particularly active in asking Papa Nurgle for sicknesses and I think I got the message that they're jealous of the new models XD

(That, and it was a legal DG Legion army, it's just one of the Sergeants works well as a Chaos Lord)

1. Vows are made sequentially. That means you may never have two vows outstanding at any time. Finish your first, then move on to your second, etc. You can do this up to five times.

2. There is a incentive to vow manageable chunks. Remember failing one vow is failing all! So make one vow with, say, one fifth of your planned units and when you complete it and feel confident that you can do some more vow again. That way you can minimize real life unpredictable distractions that may happen to allow us!

3. Yeap! :)

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. It seems that I joined B&C at the perfect time to participate in a community event. I don’t actually have anyone to play against in my area yet so this is a cool way to still be at least a little social with my new hobby.

It seems that these sort of challenges are fairly common around here. I think I missed a Warlord challenge by a month or so. Is there a master thread with links to all of the ongoing events in one place?

To get the banter flowing, what's everyone thinking for their first vow? 

I think it'll be 

Daemon Prince 

10 Cultists

Warpsmith

It's only 272 points

The plan is to follow up with more Cultists, DPs, and 20 Khorne Berzerkers. 

I posted it earlier in the thread, but mine's this:

HQ 1: Lucius - 115

HQ 2: Sorcerer (Force Sword, Bolt Pistol) - 113

Troop 1: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 2: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 3: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 4: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Troop 5: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Total: 750 points

The cultists will be converted (somewhat) Escher gangers.

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. It seems that I joined B&C at the perfect time to participate in a community event. I don’t actually have anyone to play against in my area yet so this is a cool way to still be at least a little social with my new hobby.

It seems that these sort of challenges are fairly common around here. I think I missed a Warlord challenge by a month or so. Is there a master thread with links to all of the ongoing events in one place?

Yeah, well, the ETL is different...

Now, many forums have their own in-house events, but the events that are run by the Forge can be found here.

Don't have a plan yet, because my own schedule is determined by what I will decide to paint for the Gilgamesh Campaign but I can make safe assumptions:

- Khârn the Betrayer;

- one or two squads of World Eaters Legionaries;

- 5 Night Lords Havocs with heavy bolters;

- one or two squads of Night Lords Legionaries;

- 10 Plague Marines;

- 20 Poxwalkers;

- 1 Plague Caster;

- 1 Lord of Contagion;

- 1 Noxious Blightbringer;

- 1 Foetif Bloat Drone.

There could other Death Guard characters. And IF I'm lucky enough regarding time, some FW vehicles including Scorpius (between 1 and 3) and Deredeo Dreadnoughts (1 or 2).

Celtic_Cauldron

Archived